Camera phone pics

Frustrated! Members of my Sorority keep sending me camera phone pictures for my 12 x  12 scrapbook.....I've told them that its very difficult to use them....I usually take my camera....I am attaching one that was sent...let me know....I don't think this can be used.As it is, quite a glare?? Thoughts...

thumbnail_IMG_0532.jpg

Oh, this is a pet peeve of mine, most people don't get that phone photos don't always work as well as camera ones.

For the one you show here, sometimes I'll play with Contrast or shadows under - Enhance>Adjust Lighting> Shadows-Highlights

Occasionally adjusting shadows will bring more light to the faces, but it's usually a toss-up and you lose something someplace else.

15 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Oh, this is a pet peeve of mine, most people don't get that phone photos don't always work as well as camera ones.

For the one you show here, sometimes I'll play with Contrast or shadows under - Enhance>Adjust Lighting> Shadows-Highlights

Occasionally adjusting shadows will bring more light to the faces, but it's usually a toss-up and you lose something someplace else.

I will try that...its really small 3 x 4 and 72 pixels....when I change it too 300 not much is left. Yep, same pet peeve....they don't get why I'm always there with my camera....but theres just times I can't be there and these are the types of photos I receive.

The photo below is 2 x4 at 96 pixels...I don't see how I can make this into anything....too tiny

How are you my friend??

thumbnail_IMG_20170420_184954429.jpg

1 hour ago, ladyscrapalot said:

I have used photos from iPhone and they seem to work out okay. Yeah the glare might be a challenge. You might be able to use a mask to blend it out. I'm sure somebody else will be along who has a better/different remedy..

Yes  wondered that too...BUT photo is small....I always change the pixels from 72 to 300, this photo is only 4 x 3 to start with.... heres another one....so tiny!!

This is 2 x 4 with 96 pixels....not the greatest photo to start with....don't see how I could do anything with this??

54 minutes ago, terriscrapper said:

I will try that...its really small 3 x 4 and 72 pixels....when I change it too 300 not much is left. Yep, same pet peeve....they don't get why I'm always there with my camera....but theres just times I can't be there and these are the types of photos I receive.

The photo below is 2 x4 at 96 pixels...I don't see how I can make this into anything....too tiny

How are you my friend??

Hi Terri, nice to see you, doing ok here.

I can't remember the technical reasons (Linda is good at explaining this!) but I konw that changing the pixels will not change the actual photo.   
Yep, that's a small photo for sure, but sometimes small ones surprise me and do ok.   

Sometimes you can group a bunch of small ones together, but I see what you mean about the photos you have.

I just thought of something, maybe if you put the smaller photos in a photo strip like this one?  Or maybe this one?

Or one of THESE?  Or some other sort of frames?

You could totally leave off the bottom of this photo and fit it in a strip or frame.

I hate it when people use their phones and then send me the photos and it's blurry, out of focus or too small! I ask for photos of my nephew and these are the kids I get. On the rare occasion I get a good one, I open it in Photoshop, then drag it onto a 12X12, 300 dpi document and can make it larger without loosing too much detail. That group photo of yours is a wonderful shot, hope you can do something with the glare!

12 hours ago, MariJ said:

Hi Terri, nice to see you, doing ok here.

I can't remember the technical reasons (Linda is good at explaining this!) but I konw that changing the pixels will not change the actual photo.   
Yep, that's a small photo for sure, but sometimes small ones surprise me and do ok.   

Sometimes you can group a bunch of small ones together, but I see what you mean about the photos you have.

I just thought of something, maybe if you put the smaller photos in a photo strip like this one?  Or maybe this one?

Or one of THESE?  Or some other sort of frames?

You could totally leave off the bottom of this photo and fit it in a strip or frame.

Hi there... yes I could try those but here's the issue... original photo is only a 3 x 4 when I change the pixels to 300 it makes it 1 in....way too small for the strips....if I try to make it larger again it distorts.

2 hours ago, CRS said:

I hate it when people use their phones and then send me the photos and it's blurry, out of focus or too small! I ask for photos of my nephew and these are the kids I get. On the rare occasion I get a good one, I open it in Photoshop, then drag it onto a 12X12, 300 dpi document and can make it larger without loosing too much detail. That group photo of yours is a wonderful shot, hope you can do something with the glare!

I don't know what I can do with this....it's only a 3x 4 and when I change the pixels to 300 it's like 1 in....doesn't work on a 12 x 12 page, plus it's one event...it would be just this photo.

Hi Terri, depending on the model and age of your friend's phone, there's a good chance larger (higher resolution) versions of the photos are on the phone. Specifics depend on the phone used, but if the photo is important you might want to work with your friend to see if they can send "actual size" or "original." 

• 8 months later...

Archived