Printing issues (Mac)

diannecp

Not sure but I think this is a Photoshop issue related to me using a Mac (sigh, I forgot this was one of the reasons I DO NOT LOVE MY MAC!) 

I cannot choose a custom paper size in Photoshop. (I can do so from the print dialog box in Acrobat). So I'm limited to printing on 8.5x11 - not 9x12 or 12x12 or anything larger (I have an Epson WorkForce 7510, and I used to print 12x12 all.the.time. So aggravating. My only idea is to completely scrap the printer in Settings, and re-add it. 

Ideas and suggestions welcome. God forbid I have to humble myself and visit the Genius Bar! :(

Ok I have solved my own issue. It took a bit of jumping through hoops, phone calls to Geek Squad (they tried) and Apple (not the brightest), and good old Google! The trick seemed to be: deleting the printer and re-adding it; creating the paper sizes in the OS; adding that in Photoshop in 2 places. Now watch, I won't be able to print regular old 8.5x11! But now I can print on 9x12 which is what I do my watercolors on. 

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi, I was elated when I found your post this morning.  I have been dealing with the same issue that you started out with. I have an Epson WF7620 it used to print 12x12 pages until about Christmas time, (if I exported page), then suddenly it won't do it.  I use My Memories, simple easy to use scrapbooking program, works with Mac, (YEAH Me cheering), anyhow long and short, ok long, I have spent hours and hours on phone with Epson directly, very polite and patient with someone who has a hearing problem, and not technically gifted.  Also I have written to My Memories, (support team is awesome) ...still can't print on 12x12 page.  It would cost me $100.00 to get person from Staples here and have doubts they could fix it.  Am afraid to try re-installing printer as its not the easiest to install (INMHO)...Anyone have suggestions please PLEASE ..all appreciated. Am ready to junk this printer too but have too much ink on hand. Thanks to all. 

teagranny

Hi, are you working on a Mac or PC?

I’m not sure I understand this all but here’s what I do when I print.
I first save the scrapbook page on my computer as a jpeg.    Then, I click on it to see it in Preview and from there select at the top bar on my computer “File>Print” and follow those directions.  I don’t print directly from my program (I use PSE 13).  
I’m not sure if that’s what you’re doing, but might be another way to try?

3 hours ago, teagranny said:

...Am afraid to try re-installing printer as its not the easiest to install (INMHO)...

teagranny

A common troubleshooting solution for any printer is to install the latest updated version of the printer driver.  This is so much easier than a lot of people think.  Go to the Epson website.  Download the latest printer driver for your model and Mac OS.

Archived