Make Sure You Are Ready - Scrap Girls World Tour 2017

ValerieT

Yes that's right this year's world tour begins in less than 15 days.:dancing-smilie::sinking::having-a-party:

There is a slight problem. The Captain hasn't finalised the itinerary for this year yet.

So I have a couple of questions for you;

• If you could visit any landmark, anywhere in the world, where would you go?
  • If Scrap Girls arrived in your part of the world, what landmark would we have to see?

If I could visit any land mark, I'd love to see the Great Barrier Reef and go snorkeling/scuba diving. I'd have to get some training first for the scuba diving though. I know my dd would say the Eiffel Tower!

If you came to my neck of the woods, I'd take you to Ft. Knox to see the Gold Depository, but they don't like it when you take pictures of it. But we are a short 4 hour drive from St. Louis where you could see the Arch, the Mississippi River and the Busch beer breweries.

I'm going to start packing now! I will be on a little vacation at the start of the Tour, but I'll catch up with you all!

Oh, these are so much fun. I saw a sign this week for a $99 flight to Norway, what would I see there?

For local, there is always New York City, but if we took a little cruise, you could get up to

Albany, my stomping grounds. On the way you would go past the Catskill Mountains and many historic mansions with beautiful gardens and views of the Hudson River

If I could visit any landmark, it would be the Pyramids in Egypt. That's been on my wish list for years. My original list was 1)California - lived there for 35 years; 2)Hawaii -- been there 6 times and hoping to go back; 3)Egypt - still haven't visited; 4)England - been there 3 times; 5)Holland - been there once; 5)Germany - been there once.

If you came to my neck of the woods you'd have to see the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Empire State Building, take a cruise on the Hudson River, especially in the Autumn, and stop off at West Point for a wonderful tour and brunch at the Thayer Hotel. Too many other places to name, so I'll just add Historical sites from the Revolutionary War. That should take about six months or more to see.

Looking forward to the World Tour. I'm packing now.

Oh dear....I hope I have time to pack....

I would love to go to Mount Rushmore and Yellowstone!

Hmmm...ohhh, if you come to the town where I grew up, we could visit the birthplace of Jesse James!  

I would love to go to Ireland! I have a friend there now and her photos of the cliffs and castles are wonderful!

If you were to visit me I would take you into Nashville to the Grand Ole Opry and the Ryman Auditorium, the birthplace of country music!

Hi.  I've been fortunate to have traveled many places with my husband, and have retired from travel these days.  I guess the place I would dearly love to go back to, above all the others would be Zermatt, and see the Matterhorn one last time.

As for where I live, more people come here to visit Graceland than any other attraction.  When you live in or near Memphis, you realize how much people all over the world loved Elvis. 

Yay for the World Tour!! So much fun!!

Let's see where wouldn't I like to go!?!? Would love to go to Ireland. I've traced part of my heritage to parts of Ireland. It would be cool to see if I could discover any thing. Almost got to go this past Feb with dh's work but the company cut back. He's going to Japan this summer, hoping it might work for me to go. DD, Larisa has been to Europe this past week. She's posted some awesome pictures of places I wouldn't mind seeing.

If you were to come to my little corner of the world, I could take you lots of places. My fav spot Dallas Arboretum or the Fort Worth Japanese gardens. Both cities have nice zoos, although I'm partial to the one in Fort Worth. If you are into history, there's the 6th floor depository and the grassy knoll. If you'd venture south a few hours you can visit the Alamo and the Riverwalk in San Antonio. A little to the north is Southfork Ranch the tv home of JR Ewing. lol! Like Fixer Upper? They have a market a couple hours away. Wine? We got that too!!

I love the world tour! Glad to see we are going traveling together again.

I would love to see India and especially the Taj Mahal.

If you came to my neck of the woods I guess London would be the main attraction but Colchester where I live is Britain's oldest town and we have structures going back nearly 2000 years - certainly worth a day wandering around my town. Then there's the coast, not dramatic but definitely moody. And the countryside - a lot of which was painted by the famous landscape artist John constable in the 19th century. I'm a big fan of my corner of the world - I'm sure you can tell.

World Tour is my favorite game!   
I'd love to go to the Grand Canyon - it's been on my bucket list forever. 

In my neck of the woods - my town specifically - we'd visit a National Park.  Edison National Park.   Thomas Edison's factories are still there and so is his home, it's gorgeous.

Other than that, I'd say a big draw in New Jersey is the Jersey shore and Atlantic Ocean.  We have MILES and miles of shoreline along our coast -- our entire Eastern border is water and our beaches are so beautiful.  NJ is across the water from NY, but I'd really focus on NJ, since we are often overshadowed and looked by the other state. ;)

I'm away in June so won't be able to join in. We are going to the UK, a cruise along the Norwegian coast and a visit to Riga in Latvia.You can join me at any of those.:( 

If you come to New Zealand or Auckland where I live we could go bungy jumping off the Sky Tower (better in Queenstown though). We are surrounded by beautiful beaches where I live (actually all over NZ) so you can also go surfing or just relax and sunbathe (though sunbathing is not really an option in June as it will be cold as its the middle of winter here) :)

We could also visit the bubbling mud and geysers in Rotorua and a swim with the dolphins cruise will be lovely in the Bay Of Islands :)

I'd love to go to Scandinavia in the winter and stay in an Ice Hotel or visit Brasil and see the colourful carnival. :) Apart from that I have a bucket list a mile long but I won't add it here :)

I want to go to Nova Scotia, Iceland, and Greenland.  North!

Where I am now, San Antonio, the River Walk during Christmas, and also Natural Bridge Caverns.  Where I'm from, eastern Washington, I'd take you to see Grand Coulee Dam, Leavenworth, and the Columbia River.  Then we would head west and drive over White Pass - so beautiful.  We would see Mt. Ranier, and visit what's left of Mt. St. Helens.

I would like to visit  France and not just Paris... the country side also.

Here in Australia.... our lovely beaches and the outback - Uluru  

11 hours ago, englishrose said:

I love the world tour! Glad to see we are going traveling together again.

I would love to see India and especially the Taj Mahal.

If you came to my neck of the woods I guess London would be the main attraction but Colchester where I live is Britain's oldest town and we have structures going back nearly 2000 years - certainly worth a day wandering around my town. Then there's the coast, not dramatic but definitely moody. And the countryside - a lot of which was painted by the famous landscape artist John constable in the 19th century. I'm a big fan of my corner of the world - I'm sure you can tell.

I love Constables paintings. Also Turner. Both so different artists.

15 hours ago, Florida granny said:

Me again. :) I've been to the Isle of Capri -- home of the blue grotto -- but would love to go back. Also, as long as it's a fantasy, how about running with the bulls in Pamplona?

We were talking about the running with the bulls tonight, funnily enough, and I said I'd rather suntan topless on a secluded Greek beach. 9 both of which I'd never do lol) but if I had to choose, Greece.

1 hour ago, alsoarty said:

I'd go to South Africa, sun city - it's the Las Vegas of South Africa. And if they cam here, it'd take them to Zions national park, or Bryce Canyon, also the Grand Canyon.

I've been to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone, but I'd love to go to those Parks, too!

Gosh, reading all these cool posts - we have our own Grand Tour just visiting ScrapGirls! 

17 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Yay for the World Tour!! So much fun!!

Let's see where wouldn't I like to go!?!? Would love to go to Ireland. I've traced part of my heritage to parts of Ireland. It would be cool to see if I could discover any thing. Almost got to go this past Feb with dh's work but the company cut back. He's going to Japan this summer, hoping it might work for me to go. DD, Larisa has been to Europe this past week. She's posted some awesome pictures of places I wouldn't mind seeing.

If you were to come to my little corner of the world, I could take you lots of places. My fav spot Dallas Arboretum or the Fort Worth Japanese gardens. Both cities have nice zoos, although I'm partial to the one in Fort Worth. If you are into history, there's the 6th floor depository and the grassy knoll. If you'd venture south a few hours you can visit the Alamo and the Riverwalk in San Antonio. A little to the north is Southfork Ranch the tv home of JR Ewing. lol! Like Fixer Upper? They have a market a couple hours away. Wine? We got that too!!

I went to the Ft. Worth Zoo over 20 yrs ago and it was so much fun. My brother was visiting dh and I in Oklahoma and we took him to Dallas to see the stadium and go to the zoo.

9 minutes ago, CRS said:

I went to the Ft. Worth Zoo over 20 yrs ago and it was so much fun. My brother was visiting dh and I in Oklahoma and we took him to Dallas to see the stadium and go to the zoo.

Oh you should see the stadium now!! Dh does work there during football season and I got to go out on the field, briefly. The jumbotron is ginormous!! Like they say, "everything's bigger in Texas!" lol!

35 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Oh you should see the stadium now!! Dh does work there during football season and I got to go out on the field, briefly. The jumbotron is ginormous!! Like they say, "everything's bigger in Texas!" lol!

We went to the old stadium on Thanksgiving Day in 1995 to see a game and someday, we'll go back. Dh was a HUGE Cowboys fan when I met him, but since discovering fantasy football, his favorite team is his fantasy team.

On 5/18/2017 at 6:22 PM, Florida granny said:

Me again. :) I've been to the Isle of Capri -- home of the blue grotto -- but would love to go back. Also, as long as it's a fantasy, how about running with the bulls in Pamplona?

Bull running in Pamplona wow, I rode my motorbike through Pamplona :D not quite the same thing though :D

I want to see more of Europe haven't quite finished there yet. But also Yellowstone, Zion National Park oh my bucket list is too long.

If you were to come here, i would take you through Wales, the land of dragons, wizards and King Arthur and the Holy Grail. tales of old.

• 2 weeks later...

There's so many places i'd love to see..but 1 that's always been on my bucket list is to go to Alaska.

If you came to my area what could you see?  I could take you to see Conda..lol   Other than that there's alot of cool places to go Downtown Kansas City

On 5/18/2017 at 1:22 PM, Florida granny said:

Just let me know when you guys run with the bulls, I'll have my camera ready behind the barriers.

Archived