EHD-brand preference?

I am looking to upgrade my back up EHD because I need more space.  (Imagine that!  It is only 3TB)  My "back up ehd" is hooked up to my desktop (iMac work computer) and Time Machine backs it up beautifully in the background.  I have all my photos and scrapping supplies on my portable EHD that I use with my Macbook.  I need to back this ehd up to the other one.  Confused yet???  LOL  ANYWAY....the real question is:  Do you have a brand preference?  Is there one you feel is better than the other???  

6 minutes ago, CRS said:

I have 3 Silicon Power EHDs that I love. They are military grade, so water resistance and shock absorbent (which is how my other ehds died, dropping them!). Here is  link to one on Amazon, but that's not where I got mine from: https://www.amazon.com/Silicon-Power-Shockproof-Waterproof-2-5-Inch/dp/B005GHTEV8

No comment from me about EHD's being dropped or hitting the floor....;)  How awesome that it shock absorbent AND waterproof.  Will try to remember this when my portables need replaced!

Luckily, this one will be stationary once it is set up.  

Me too for Western Digital and the lady who put together my first Apple laptop got it for me.   Not sure that wasn't just price or another feature but she thought it good enough!

I won't say anything about "no trouble" not to jinx myself, shhhhhh......

I know you have gone and bought an 8TB EHD (never knew they existed!!) but just thought that I would add I have just gone and got a 4TB EHD and its a Western Digital as well. I only formatted it last night and started downloading onto it. I'm wanting it to go with my new laptop. So heres hoping there will be no problems with it. Its good to hear all you peoples are happy with Western Digital. Is that what you got in the end Conda?

I actually got a Seagate.  They had one (less than $200) that also has two usb ports and I thought was sort of handy.  ;)

I didn't know they had 8TB either.  I think my portable ehd is 2 TB and my "back up" one is 3TB?  So I wanted at least 4 and I didn't see anything in between 4 and 8.  I ordered this one: Seagate Backup Plus Hub for Mac 8TB External Desktop Hard Drive (STEM8000400)     

• 1 year later...
On 5/26/2017 at 8:01 PM, SodScrap said:

I actually got a Seagate.  They had one (less than $200) that also has two usb ports and I thought was sort of handy.  ;)

I didn't know they had 8TB either.  I think my portable ehd is 2 TB and my "back up" one is 3TB?  So I wanted at least 4 and I didn't see anything in between 4 and 8.  I ordered this one: Seagate Backup Plus Hub for Mac 8TB External Desktop Hard Drive (STEM8000400)     

I got a 4TB portable, and a 5TB - the little partition of the usb gives up eventually, so just plug it in and don’t move it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived