First Kit...First Layout

angleigh

Oh my!  What fun this is!  I will have to think about the first collection...but in reading these posts I remembered my first layout, a recipe!  I will see if I can find it! 

This is the first layout I posted.  I believe there were 3 weeks for this and I remember thinking "how on earth can that be done in that amount of time??".  I didn't even know what layers were!

SodScrap__SantaFeSoup_150.jpg

1 hour ago, Ngaire said:

This really is a fun thread!! I too loved Thaos kits!! One of my all time favourites is her kit called "Daily Bread".

Keep the memories flowing ladies, its so fun seeing them all!

This is such a fun topic I love Thaos kits as well and have quite a few of them but Daily Bread and Prayer and Praise are favourites. Actually looking at them now I think her 'Friendship' kit might have been my first purchase :)

1 minute ago, SodScrap said:

This is the first layout I posted.  I believe there were 3 weeks for this and I remember thinking "how on earth can that be done in that amount of time??".  I didn't even know what layers were!

SodScrap__SantaFeSoup_150.jpg

We have come a long way Conda haven't we ......... I didn't have a clue what layers were or how to do shadows either and its amazing how automatic things are now :)  

DH is upgrading my computer right now, so I can't get to my supplies, but I spent some time this evening trimming LOs I've printed and putting them into albums.  I ran across the first LO I ever created; it was of Karlie, 1 year old, in the bath.  I think maybe the kit was called Summer Girl... but I will have to look tomorrow to be sure, and post it here.  I remember the fish buttons, and how proud of myself I was that I made them different sizes and angled them differently.  ?

Oh, here is a link to the LO, which I didn't post on SG until 2010.  I did the LO in 2008. I'll find the kit tomorrow!  

16 hours ago, diannecp said:

Gayle, if you go to your profile, on the far right there will be an orange button that says "See My Activity" > click that and down on the left side, you will see Gallery > Images. You could post that link in your signature for future reference, or from there, scroll to see your older images! (You can follow these same steps to see others' galleries!) 

Thanks, Diane!  I was happy to find this. my first "layout"

8 hours ago, SodScrap said:

My first kit-here is a sample of the of the papers...AHG_Cafe Neo 

AHG_Cafe_Neo.jpg

I loved Ann's designs.  She's actually the reason I applied to be on the creative team, so I could work with her product

It's funny, I remember I first learned about digi scrapping when the boys were probably 2 or 3...I had just finished doing a paper album of our trip to Disneyland.  The main thing I kept thinking was, I could do this on the computer and not have to drag out all the supplies, which was great with 2 littles ones running around. 

So I talked Gary into getting me PSE and I got it installed.  I was TERRIFIED after that.  I couldn't figure anything out, and called him and asked him to pick up the book PSE for Dummies. 

It's amazing how far we've all come

When I first joined here I mostly was getting hooked on styles  so they feature well in my first orders. It took some time until I found my first kit which was BMU_City Park.  I had bought two Club kits before it. I do not know what layout I would  have created using it. It would take a lot of time to search my old layouts on EHDs to find something. 

2 hours ago, angleigh said:

It's funny, I remember I first learned about digi scrapping when the boys were probably 2 or 3...I had just finished doing a paper album of our trip to Disneyland.  The main thing I kept thinking was, I could do this on the computer and not have to drag out all the supplies, which was great with 2 littles ones running around. 

So I talked Gary into getting me PSE and I got it installed.  I was TERRIFIED after that.  I couldn't figure anything out, and called him and asked him to pick up the book PSE for Dummies. 

That's so funny to think of you terrified, Angie when we see you now!
But, I for sure remember the same.    Diane was the one who got me started so I had to keep asking her.   :)

When I first joined Scrap Girls I used mostly freebies that I received in the newsletter and from other sites. I was so nervous posting what I had done before SG. I started doing the atc challenges. I think I first bought some collections that would to be used as powerpoint presentations, so don't know if that really counts. Then I bought Syndee's Watercolor Wonderland Workshop. I was still trying to figure this all out. So while this isn't my first thing I posted (my first siggie was first) This is my first layout from Syndee's workshop. Even still I added some non Scrapgirl items. :-(  When I look at the layouts I did BSG (before Scrap Girls) and when I was using freebies I had found elsewhere (not good quality) I just cringe. We've come along way baby.

art journal practice.jpg

1 hour ago, ladyscrapalot said:

When I first joined Scrap Girls I used mostly freebies that I received in the newsletter and from other sites. I was so nervous posting what I had done before SG. I started doing the atc challenges. I think I first bought some collections that would to be used as powerpoint presentations, so don't know if that really counts. Then I bought Syndee's Watercolor Wonderland Workshop. I was still trying to figure this all out. So while this isn't my first thing I posted (my first siggie was first) This is my first layout from Syndee's workshop. Even still I added some non Scrapgirl items. :-(  When I look at the layouts I did BSG (before Scrap Girls) and when I was using freebies I had found elsewhere (not good quality) I just cringe. We've come along way baby.

art journal practice.jpg

Lovely!

Makes me wonder if I have this workshop....looks interesting!  

4 hours ago, angleigh said:

I couldn't remember her name, just the initials.  It took me a while to find it in my stash!  I'm not sure I ever used it on a layout!  :o

What a fun thread! I'm not sure what the first kit I bought was, but this is the first layout I posted. It's an ATC -- and I'm still posting them. :lol:

Obviously I had purchased a bunch of things already because these are the products I used:  SJO_TwilightMagic_Paper_Sunset; SJO_TwilightMagic_Paper_Blue;VRA_SSEmbTmp_EasterEggs_WindowFrame1;ASO_SSTools_Resin_6401_Black

I think Twilight Magic is still one of my favorites.

This is a fun thread! I've enjoyed everyone's first layouts and it is so much a walk down memory lane with all these early collections. I, too, have many of them.  Ok, most of them! haha!

My first layout is from a tutorial from the SG University.  I think it was by Jan Hicks using a gradient.  The word art was probably a freebie and the coloring was from the photo. I think I looked at it for a week before I had the courage to actually sign up, make a member name and post something!

Belle Grown up By mimes1 5

This would have been from my first purchased collection - Wild Child by Erica Hite.

Zest for Life By mimes1 4

My first Club would have been Durin's Beach House.

The first page I posted was of my grandson posing in front of the Christmas tree - I think he was three.  Can't believe he's almost sixteen!  

The collection I used was Golden Holiday, which is retired.  

MRE_GoldenHoliday_Collection_600.jpg

Man in red hat.jpg

My first kit I used for a layout was Syndee Nuckles's Summer Girl.  I can't find a thumbnail of the entire kit, but I found the embellishment sheets...  I searched the shop for it, but it must be retired.

SNU_SummerGirl_Emb1_Sheet.png

SNU_SummerGirl_Emb2_Button-Sheet.png

11 hours ago, jhbren said:

The first page I posted was of my grandson posing in front of the Christmas tree - I think he was three.  Can't believe he's almost sixteen!  

The collection I used was Golden Holiday, which is retired.  

MRE_GoldenHoliday_Collection_600.jpg

Man in red hat.jpg

I loved that Christmas kit!

8 hours ago, Mikelle said:

My first kit I used for a layout was Syndee Nuckles's Summer Girl.  I can't find a thumbnail of the entire kit, but I found the embellishment sheets...  I searched the shop for it, but it must be retired.

SNU_SummerGirl_Emb1_Sheet.png

SNU_SummerGirl_Emb2_Button-Sheet.png

Aww that's a cute collection! Wishing I had it. Have some photos I could totally use with this collection.

Archived