I wish Scrap Girls had "___"

Do you ever find yourself thinking, "gosh I wish SG had more of ____".  If so what type of items is it you find yourself wanting more of? 

And i'm not necessarily meaning items to purchase in the store.  Maybe you love photography and you wish we had a monthly photo challenge, you might be a part of the motivators group and you wish we had a spot to share recipes/snack ideas, maybe it's more tutorials on the blog that covered specific topics/tips, or maybe you love grungy overlays and you wish we had more of those in the store.

Obviously I can't promise that every single request will be met...but inquiring minds want to know.

Oh, I know it's probably not possible with the new Forum, but I really wish ScrapGirls had classes again.  When I first joined I took almost everyone that was offered and I learned so much!   I still refer to the handouts I received and of course, the techniques I learned.

I'm going to think more on this, but that was what popped in my head. :)

3 hours ago, MariJ said:

Oh, I know it's probably not possible with the new Forum, but I really wish ScrapGirls had classes again.  When I first joined I took almost everyone that was offered and I learned so much!   I still refer to the handouts I received and of course, the techniques I learned.

I'm going to think more on this, but that was what popped in my head. :)

I agree with you Marilyn. I would love to see classes again. Especially ones on paper templates, clipping masks, and brushes. I would also love more butterflies, garden collections, animal collections (especially cats), and frames.

I love tutorials. For example, I learned a lot from Brandy's "breaking down a layout"!

With regards to collections I'm always grateful for anything that has a British/European theme. British military, World War 2 would be useful collections too.

These just popped into my brain on the spur of the moment - I'll think further.

I will be thinking about this.  I know there have been times I wished you had something in the past. Right now, as I'm getting old, I wish there were simply a place that had instructions like how to install brushes in PSE...I have 13 now. I know you used to give instructions with the brushes sometimes. And then there was a place on the forum or somewhere. Maybe I just have gotten lost and can't find things that are here.

Oh Angie what a great question. Just the other day I though I wish that we had more guidance and examples on using the scrap girls simple club. Its those lovely paper templates that I just don't seem to get as good as what I see others do. I keep thinking it would be great to have more tutorials and examples on the use of them. I will also  be watching this thread to see what people come up with.

I remember something I thought of a bit ago.  More kits or even just mini kits of different professions, like physician, attorney, dentist, pathologist, teacher, architect, etc.  I suppose those are pretty specialized and maybe wouldn't sell as well... but I did think of that.  

The number one thing I'd like to see on Scrap Girls is some kind of follow up to tutorials.  For example, the best part of the classes given years ago was the interaction with the teacher and the ability to ask questions. Without chat capability,  maybe some other type of follow up to tutorials could be available. For example, when a new technique is presented in the blog, maybe a "challenge" that week could give us a place to try out the technique. Even more importantly, a Forum thread could be established for questions and maybe even feedback on our layouts. I'm thinking of specific techniques, (here's one: https://scrapgirls.com/all-posts/decorating-fonts-using-brushes/ ), not a whole tutorial on how to use Photoshop or how to use our products.

Other than that, one of the things I'm always on the look-out for in the Boutique is natural looking greenery: twigs, leaves, trees, acorns, etc. You've included the type of twiggy stuff I love in several of your collections, for example. Also I'm always on the lookout for green papers, since many of my layouts use photos I take in my semi tropical world, LOL.

2 hours ago, Florida granny said:

The number one thing I'd like to see on Scrap Girls is some kind of follow up to tutorials.  For example, the best part of the classes given years ago was the interaction with the teacher and the ability to ask questions. Without chat capability,  maybe some other type of follow up to tutorials could be available. For example, when a new technique is presented in the blog, maybe a "challenge" that week could give us a place to try out the technique. Even more importantly, a Forum thread could be established for questions and maybe even feedback on our layouts. I'm thinking of specific techniques, (here's one: https://scrapgirls.com/all-posts/decorating-fonts-using-brushes/ ), not a whole tutorial on how to use Photoshop or how to use our products.

Other than that, one of the things I'm always on the look-out for in the Boutique is natural looking greenery: twigs, leaves, trees, acorns, etc. You've included the type of twiggy stuff I love in several of your collections, for example. Also I'm always on the lookout for green papers, since many of my layouts use photos I take in my semi tropical world, LOL.

I like the idea of challenges related to tutorials and and special thread for follow ups!!

I'm not a video fan typically but I do appreciate ScrapGirls ones, especially the video tutorials for the ScrapSimple products. Maybe after a certain period, those (club only) could be made available somewhere (after the products are available in the store). 

I thought the Account History used to show product names instead of just order numbers. It seemed to be different but I could be wrong. That would be helpful. 

On 5/27/2017 at 9:21 PM, Cropalot said:

I will be thinking about this.  I know there have been times I wished you had something in the past. Right now, as I'm getting old, I wish there were simply a place that had instructions like how to install brushes in PSE...I have 13 now. I know you used to give instructions with the brushes sometimes. And then there was a place on the forum or somewhere. Maybe I just have gotten lost and can't find things that are here.

Lou Ann

Check out the free handbook here:  http://store.scrapgirls.com/ScrapSimple-Instructions-Handbook.html

It will tell you how to install and the basic use of items such as brushes.

14 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

I like the idea of challenges related to tutorials and and special thread for follow ups!!

That is an interesting idea.  Maybe once a month pick a tutorial and the challenge that week be related to it?  Then on the thread for that challenge we could ask questions, etc. 

36 minutes ago, angleigh said:

That is an interesting idea.  Maybe once a month pick a tutorial and the challenge that week be related to it?  Then on the thread for that challenge we could ask questions, etc. 

Yes, that would be great!! That way we'd have time to try out the tutorial, ask questions, offer help, etc. 

23 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Yes, that would be great!! That way we'd have time to try out the tutorial, ask questions, offer help, etc. 

Yes, but I don't do as well with tutorials as I did with classes when it went through the steps one by one all together and with the handout.   I wonder if it could work that way, rather than just reading and following on our own?   I must need remedial tutorials.. :D

I also find I don't buy actions or use my old ones since PSE 13.   I used them with PSE 6 and they seemed so much easier.  The patterns and all the extra stuff now does me in and I get so confused.   So, I've totally given up on them and I have a lot of cool ones in my stash but never installed them.     So, a "class" about actions might be helpful...

38 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Yes, but I don't do as well with tutorials as I did with classes when it went through the steps one by one all together and with the handout.   I wonder if it could work that way, rather than just reading and following on our own?   I must need remedial tutorials.. :D

I also find I don't buy actions or use my old ones since PSE 13.   I used them with PSE 6 and they seemed so much easier.  The patterns and all the extra stuff now does me in and I get so confused.   So, I've totally given up on them and I have a lot of cool ones in my stash but never installed them.     So, a "class" about actions might be helpful...

Not to be confused with a class action! Sorry I couldn't resist! :giggle_bear:

26 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

oh HAHA!   Kelly!  I stopped a moment like, "huh?"  (I'm usually a slow study) and then I burst out laughing, thanks!   :rofl:

13 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

LOL! 

For a class....   Masks, yes - that is something that I know nothing about and hear are easy to use.   Either/plus that or adjustment levels, PSE6 didn't have them so I never quite figured them out on 13.   I mean where you add a layer and then paint in black or white to change the photo?   Not even sure what the name is, obviously I'm lost on the subject!

Glitter.  More glitter.  Always more glitter.  (Is it just me??)

Lake Life Collection Charlotte was at the lake for memorial day...sun hats, flip flops, floral/stripes maybe bright tropical colors, splish splash, boat/wave runner, fish, baby pool, sun umbrella, lake hair don't care...you get the idea.

Okay people...I know the beach is popular...but here in Missouri, you can't just run to the beach, so lake life it is. ;)

Dang-I had some ideas pop in my head the other day but didn't jot them down.  Maybe they will come to me later.

True Conda...  And our NJ beaches aren't tropical ones, so it's hard to use those kind of beachy ones here!
One thing that I wish in the Boutique is that there were at least a few layouts for each product.  I find it's the first thing I look at when viewing a new product - especially if I'm not sure how to use it.  So, if there's only one (or none) layout and I'm not sure how it can be used, I'm hesitant to buy.

I also REALLY appreciate when marketing images are included with products as I use these to create a book of all the stash I've bought and I refer to them when scrapping.   I realize I can pull them off the product page myself, but I like having everything together when I buy - overall image, embellishment, word art, alpha sheet, etc.

Marilyn--you are so right.  Including the sample layouts and marketing images when we download a product would be superb.

Another request; sometimes the designer has many layouts on a page, but the layouts are so "busy" I can't see how the specific product (especially masks) is actually used.  Simpler layouts featuring the specific product would be welcome.  Some designers make it easy to appreciate their products, but not all of them. 

I end up just "voting with my feet" and buy products whose layouts really showcase their products.

I'd like to see more layout templates with an Art Journally feel - heavy texture, blends.

Another thing that might be fun would be to do the short "How To's" in the NL or on the blog again.  They were just a short paragraph as to a highlighted technique.  Those were pretty fun and always seemed popular.

7 hours ago, mimes1 said:

I'd like to see more layout templates with an Art Journally feel - heavy texture, blends.

Another thing that might be fun would be to do the short "How To's" in the NL or on the blog again.  They were just a short paragraph as to a highlighted technique.  Those were pretty fun and always seemed popular.

Me too!  They were really informative and helpful and made the newsletter more than just showing products....   It's really partly how I started here at SG.   I'd study the NL and the layouts and tips and products used so carefully each day....... and then I started to go and investigate and buy the products!   :)  

My bulging hard drive is the rest of the story! :D

Like Diane I really miss the tutorials that helped me to learn a new technique. I like the idea of a tutorial, a challenge and then a thread to talk about our pages. It also promotes friendships which is what this group is great for. The site could be a learning and friendship site not just a store.

In the store we need gesso overlays or texture papers that we can blend photo's into. Maybe more neutral color kits so our photos stand out, after all we are preserving memories.

I really liked the "member of the month" it let us learn about each other and I really liked that.

Archived