Scrap Girls World Tour - June 2017

ValerieT

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/9/2017 at 2:08 PM, Marie-Christine said:

I'm on your heels, it appears that I am a bit loaded after visiting Fort Knox, Carla did a grand job hosting the tour of Fort Knox but something happened near leaving time! Ladies, we'll want for nothing, we have all the gold in the world, Oh my I could do with a lie down, Jersey Shore here we go! :)

WOW, that's great Marie - for sure we can paint the town!    Hope no one notices.. SHHhhhhhhhh...

8 hours ago, Rachele said:

Maybe I'm clueless, but what does that mean? "The passport has been updated."  I don't see any updates in the news feed of something we're supposed to do.  An I supposed to be looking somewhere else?  I know a direction always shows up a little later in the news feed.  Sorry, I'm a little green at this challenge stuff.  But it has gotten me busy scrapping again, so that's a good thing.

Don't ever worry about being "green" or clueless, Rachele - no question is ever too small and there's always many kind and willing scrapper friends around to help!   You're doing great keeping up with this crazy and fast World Tour!   :) 

6 hours ago, jhbren said:

WOW!  We got back from a trip to Ohio for a family reunion, and I tumbled into the middle of the World Tour pages.  I've copied all the tasks through June 10th - today - to a word file so I can make sense out them without having to go back through all those posts.  

The layouts I've seen posted so far are fantastic! Carry on, ladies!

I may try a few layouts - or not; I'm still trying to finish Africa.  Maybe one of those photos will fit . . .

Sure Jo, most of the challenges say to use the photo/destination as inspiration so I'm sure you can be inspired to Africa!   You might have a problem with "add two bwach themed embellishments, but sometimes I put those on for the game and take them off when I save for myself.   

Hope to see some of your pages! :) and glad you're back.

I might be getting the hang of this.  I did a new Siggy (my first) earlier in the week, but it hasn't been showing up.  So I think I have it uploaded correctly now.  I hope it attaches to this when I hit Submit.  I uploaded my beach inspired layout.  I'm ready to find out where we're going next!  So here's my second question, if I upload the layout in the gallery under the Would Tour category, am I also supposed to post on the forum and post a link?  Because it seems like if I wait, it shows up, just not right away.

3 hours ago, Rachele said:

I might be getting the hang of this.  I did a new Siggy (my first) earlier in the week, but it hasn't been showing up.  So I think I have it uploaded correctly now.  I hope it attaches to this when I hit Submit.  I uploaded my beach inspired layout.  I'm ready to find out where we're going next!  So here's my second question, if I upload the layout in the gallery under the Would Tour category, am I also supposed to post on the forum and post a link?  Because it seems like if I wait, it shows up, just not right away.

Hi Rachele,

Yes first thing is to upload your layout in the gallery connected to the challenge and then copy the url and post it in the thread of the challenge. I've attached some links, hope it helps. 

http://scrapgirls.net/forum/forum/268-forum-tutorials/

http://scrapgirls.net/forum/topic/60634-how-to-post-links-in-the-forum/

Love your layouts, it looks like you had an amazing time on your trip around Europe

Have a great Sunday!

1 hour ago, Ngaire said:

Plugging away at keeping up with the layouts. Have just got out of Fort Knox and just heading to the beach in NJ. Hopefully I'll catch up before you move on to far away. Gold

Hi Ngaire - that's me waving at you, I thought I saw you heading my way, I'm stuck on the beach too, not surprisingly since it's my favorite place to be.   It's going to be a scorcher today in NJ, so maybe we'll leave early and get back to the ship in time for the next port.    But, NJ beaches are so hard for me to leave....

(PS if the truth be known I've been battling between trying to finish my May Project Life pages and scrapping World Tour in between.  I keep saying to myself, "be done with them already! :rofl:)

Here is my Shore page....not all shores are sandy. Valcour Island in Lake Champlain. We spent the night here on our way to the Canada canals

On 6/5/2017 at 5:11 PM, MariJ said:

I hate to tell you Ngaire, in NJ (where I most certainly am NOT since I'm on the ship!) it is cold, dreary and not like summer at all!  It will come but for now my pool talk is very wishful thinking!  

Like Marilyn said - it was really cool here last week. Today it is supposed to hit 90, though - bring on the pool and the sunscreen

On 6/6/2017 at 10:41 AM, alsoarty said:

6th June

I hope you all had a good time, and that not too many of you were afraid of the height. I know a few of you returned quite dizzy and pale, a drink from the bar should help. 

This will be tricky for some of you. Before posting your layout make sure the word grand appears somewhere on your layout.

Actually, since I'm a little dizzy from looking over that edge, I think alcohol would be counterproductive. Maybe a nice fruity drink with the umbrella, just no alcohol. Hmm, that does sound good.

On 6/7/2017 at 9:08 AM, ladyscrapalot said:

I didn't fall over the edge but my mojo keeps wandering off. Finally got it corralled this morning long enough to get my layout started. Now we are both distracted by the cabana boy at the pool. Hopefully, I can steal away later this evening and finish it up. "Yoo Hoo, Cabana Boy!! Another round for my friends here. Oh and do be a doll and help me with my sunscreen." LOL 

If you see your mojo, check if mine is following behind. I think the mojos are having their own party somewhere.

On 6/7/2017 at 5:55 PM, jenrou said:

All of my medical tests, etc. are scheduled this month and next, so I doubt I will be able to join the tour. You girls are partying down! :)

So sorry, hope everything comes out OK.

On 6/9/2017 at 7:16 PM, MariJ said:

Oh my goodness, I was just coming on to say I've been off the grid all day and have to check in when I see we're in my home state at the best beaches anywhere - that's what we say in NJ.   

And HINT.   If you want to sound like a native, in New Jersey we go "down the shore".   NOT to the beach.   And, not even down TO the shore.  And, it's my very favorite place to be...   So, be sure you all talk in shore lingo.   And, let's see what I can organize, anyone for a night at the boardwalk?    Games, custard/ice cream, food and rides, maybe even a little miniature golf!  And/or, you can sit and watch the ocean.   I'm so glad you're all here!   :) 

(Talk about late-to-the-party, sorry!)

Oh, that sounds like fun Marilyn. Talk about a surprise party, ha-ha!

On 6/9/2017 at 7:31 PM, Boatlady said:

Looks like I will have to leave the big ship for a few days. I hope our next assignment gets posted early so I can send my page before we leave the dock.  We are taking a trip over to Long Island for our 46th anniversary on Monday. We will be hanging out at a nice quiet harbor there.  I will keep an eye on all of your from my phone so no fights over the hunky lifeguard in NJ.

Happy Anniversary!

23 hours ago, jhbren said:

WOW!  We got back from a trip to Ohio for a family reunion, and I tumbled into the middle of the World Tour pages.  I've copied all the tasks through June 10th - today - to a word file so I can make sense out them without having to go back through all those posts.  

The layouts I've seen posted so far are fantastic! Carry on, ladies!

I may try a few layouts - or not; I'm still trying to finish Africa.  Maybe one of those photos will fit . . .

I got way behind, so I also am making a word doc. Of course I always do. Looking forward to the Africa layouts.

1 hour ago, AggieB said:

If you see your mojo, check if mine is following behind. I think the mojos are having their own party somewhere.

LOL--you may be right! Mine returned for a short while yesterday. Today--nada. I'm going for a walk now (gotta get some steps registered before temps hit 100 degrees mark today) then I'm planting myself in front of computer. Need some mental R&R! :) Housework can wait a minute! LOL

1 minute ago, LauraYB said:

LOL--you may be right! Mine returned for a short while yesterday. Today--nada (Spanish for NOTHING). I'm going for a walk now (gotta get some steps registered before temps hit 100 degrees mark today) then I'm planting myself in front of computer. Need some mental R&R! :) Housework can wait a minute! LOL

I'm with you, enough housework already and if your temps are hitting 100, I say in front of the computer and a heavy duty fan.

13 minutes ago, AggieB said:

I'm with you, enough housework already and if your temps are hitting 100, I say in front of the computer and a heavy duty fan.

You got it -- fan already running!!!  Cooler this weekend -- 9 AM -- 88 degrees already. LOL

Archived