Scrap Girls World Tour - June 2017

ValerieT

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I have managed to get to Berlin and back with my heritage page all completed. Im all up to date now so now I can come and join you all at the pool!!:banana:

Valerie I think that I have done everything but I am down one passport stamp and not sure what I haven't done!

41 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

19th June

Since Saturday we have headed south and arrived at another spectacular building. The Taj Mahal. 

taj-mahal.jpg

Again we would like you to use this image as inspiration for your layout.

Ooh...I hope I can find time to do a layout this week.  As soon as I see this I think of the reflection, and all the cool things you could do with that in a layout. 

7 hours ago, LauraYB said:

Scooch over a bit, girls, and I'll get my chair in here too. We have a lot to catch up on!!! :)  Cabana boy--pina coladas and 100 sun block please for my friends and I.

I had a bit of quiet time in my comfy suite and was inspired by St. Basil's in Moscow. Ooops--we weren't supposed to post yet. I kinda jumped the gun when I heard Debby was back on the ship and I wanted to see who else had arrived. 

Oh ladies it is so great to see all of you. Delicious drinks Laura great idea. I'm so tan already I do need that 100 sunscreen to stop tanning my normal 50 is not cutting it. Everyone's pages are so beautiful I need to catch up

Well ladies, looks like I didn't listen to Carla at the Louvre and got left behind there.  But I did get a few extra days of sight seeing there and finally figured out a way to get caught up with you all.  So scootch on over, i'm back.  I'm glad to see my room is still empty and they didn't give it to someone else.  But i'm ready for some cabana boys and a few adult beverages.  Hopefully I can jump back in today and visit the sites this week

11 minutes ago, angleigh said:

Ooh...I hope I can find time to do a layout this week.  As soon as I see this I think of the reflection, and all the cool things you could do with that in a layout. 

I thought reflection too but there are some gorgeous colors here too. Got to think on this one. 

24 minutes ago, angleigh said:

Well ladies, looks like I didn't listen to Carla at the Louvre and got left behind there.  But I did get a few extra days of sight seeing there and finally figured out a way to get caught up with you all.  So scootch on over, i'm back.  I'm glad to see my room is still empty and they didn't give it to someone else.  But i'm ready for some cabana boys and a few adult beverages.  Hopefully I can jump back in today and visit the sites this week

Well...I hope there are enough cabana boys to go around.  That's all I'm saying....

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 2:49 PM, LauraYB said:

LOL, Kelly! My motivation took off this AM so here's my latest:

From our Paris stop at the Louvre - Provincetown 2017

From our stop at the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin - Grosmutta and I (1964)

Now that Diane posted that popsicle layout, I'm inspired to find some ice cream! Anyone care to come along?

Hi Laura,

I found some ice cream hidden in Marilyn's freezer. Who knew her room has a freezer???  Let's see what else is in there. PS: Does anyone else think the Taj Mahal reminds them of cake? :)

25 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

Hi Laura,

I found some ice cream hidden in Marilyn's freezer. Who knew her room has a freezer???  Let's see what else is in there. PS: Does anyone else think the Taj Mahal reminds them of cake? :)

I wonder what else Marilyn is hiding in her room....do you think we can find our missing mojos there?

1 hour ago, Boatlady said:

I thought reflection too but there are some gorgeous colors here too. Got to think on this one. 

This makes me think of some of the masculine kits we pointed out in the NL challenge this week.  I am the daughter of a contractor and grew up in the construction industry and am still a part of it today.  I love seeing beautiful structures.  I wonder "how did they do that"...so I'm starting a masculine page using Brandy's Manmade Collection Biggie.  I wonder what stories that building could tell.  Am I the only one who thinks like this?  

4 hours ago, angleigh said:

The reflection is neat, but I'm noticing something else, too... unless my eyes are deceiving me.  There's a pole/column front and center in the reflection that isn't in the "original."  Think it was Photoshopped out?  I enlarged the photo to see if I could see evidence of tampering, but whoever did it was skillful!  Am I wrong?  I just can't account for that pole in the reflection.  Anyway, might be an interesting LO, to have something hiding in the reflection that isn't in the original.  Can you tell I'm hooked on Hidden object games? 

Ok done running errands and had a minute to complete this Moscow page. Now off to the pool to see everyone, Laura did you drink all the wine? I think a wine spritzer would be perfect for this hot day!! Anyone else, Angie? Marilyn?...awwww I will just order a pitcher with lots of glasses.

4 hours ago, SodScrap said:

This makes me think of some of the masculine kits we pointed out in the NL challenge this week.  I am the daughter of a contractor and grew up in the construction industry and am still a part of it today.  I love seeing beautiful structures.  I wonder "how did they do that"...so I'm starting a masculine page using Brandy's Manmade Collection Biggie.  I wonder what stories that building could tell.  Am I the only one who thinks like this?  

You are not alone, I would call it an engineering brain, I am the same, I love structures and angled lines ... I was totally mesmerized by the historical facts of the tall sky scrapers because it is not just about a building it's about ... lol somebody stop me :D bridges love bridges 

6 minutes ago, Boatlady said:

Ok done running errands and had a minute to complete this Moscow page. Now off to the pool to see everyone, Laura did you drink all the wine? I think a wine spritzer would be perfect for this hot day!! Anyone else, Angie? Marilyn?...awwww I will just order a pitcher with lots of glasses.

room for another one, so need a cool one!

2 hours ago, Mikelle said:

The reflection is neat, but I'm noticing something else, too... unless my eyes are deceiving me.  There's a pole/column front and center in the reflection that isn't in the "original."  Think it was Photoshopped out?  I enlarged the photo to see if I could see evidence of tampering, but whoever did it was skillful!  Am I wrong?  I just can't account for that pole in the reflection.  Anyway, might be an interesting LO, to have something hiding in the reflection that isn't in the original.  Can you tell I'm hooked on Hidden object games? 

I had to go back and look but i see what you are talking about. It doesn't look right the reflection of the Taj Mahal is softer and muted in color. The pole is neither of those. That would be a fun LO, hidden objects!

27 minutes ago, Marie-Christine said:

You are not alone, I would call it an engineering brain, I am the same, I love structures and angled lines ... I was totally mesmerized by the historical facts of the tall sky scrapers because it is not just about a building it's about ... lol somebody stop me :D bridges love bridges 

LOL I totally don't get bridges.  OR airplanes.  I mean really, how can those possibly work?

2 hours ago, Mikelle said:

Hahaha I think it's the perspective of how the photo was taken.... they're small posts or ornamentation in the water. Look at this image. Interesting!

IMG_6477.JPG

8 hours ago, angleigh said:

Yay Angie!  Of course your room wasn't given away, we've been waiting for you and knew you'd be back.    This ship is like th e Wizard of Oz when Dorothy says in MunchkinLand,  "People come and go so quickly here."!!!   

But, we always come back! :) 

7 hours ago, Florida granny said:

Hi Laura,

YOU FOUND MY ICE CREAM??????
It's ok, I'm happy to share....  And, YES - now that you say it, the Taj Mahal DOES remind me of ice cream....   

Which has me thinking...   Anyone know if this ship has my favorite desert?   Brownie Sundae????   

7 hours ago, CRS said:

I wonder what else Marilyn is hiding in her room....do you think we can find our missing mojos there?

Oh, please I wish they WERE there and had mine with them so I could find it!   HAHA......

Come look and see what you can find!   :D 

4 hours ago, Mikelle said:

OOOOhhhhh...  A bit of intrigue....... :) 

6 hours ago, SodScrap said:

You too, Conda...  Intriguing, I like the way your mind thinks!  My Grandpa was in construction and I can picture him peering at buildings and looking to see how some were built.... Sometimes shaking his head (as in WHY did they do that???) :D

1 hour ago, SodScrap said:

LOL I totally don't get bridges.  OR airplanes.  I mean really, how can those possibly work?

Ahhhhh...... So true, one reason I don't enjoy magicians or magic shows...  I WANT TO KNOW HOW!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Boatlady said:

Interesting Andrea...  And, wow, I have been gone/busy all day and now have had waayyyyyy to much to say!
Debby, IRL I conk from a sip of a drink, but don't you think on this magic cruise ship I could imbibe?

Either way - I can be fun with or without!   :rofl:

Now I'm off to check out the layouts I've missed and hopefully start my own.  I was seeing color and reflection in the Taj Mahal photo but now all I can think of is ICE CREAM!!!!!

2 hours ago, Marie-Christine said:

room for another one, so need a cool one!

Let's get crackers and cheese in case we drink too much wine.

19 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Interesting Andrea...  And, wow, I have been gone/busy all day and now have had waayyyyyy to much to say!
Debby, IRL I conk from a sip of a drink, but don't you think on this magic cruise ship I could imbibe?

Either way - I can be fun with or without!   :rofl:

Now I'm off to check out the layouts I've missed and hopefully start my own.  I was seeing color and reflection in the Taj Mahal photo but now all I can think of is ICE CREAM!!!!!

Ice cream....hum...I have not had any in a long time so that sounds good. I think we should have an ice cream sunday bar with all kinds of ice cream with lots of choices of toppings...banana split anyone???

1 hour ago, Boatlady said:

Ice cream....hum...I have not had any in a long time so that sounds good. I think we should have an ice cream sunday bar with all kinds of ice cream with lots of choices of toppings...banana split anyone???

I'm IN!!! As long as there's brownies, too!   :)

3 hours ago, alsoarty said:

Hahaha I think it's the perspective of how the photo was taken.... they're small posts or ornamentation in the water. Look at this image. Interesting!

IMG_6477.JPG

Now I see!  So strange, my eye was seeing all those little... what are they, lights? along with their reflections, as one tall pole within the reflection.  Pretty cool!

Archived