Scrap Girls World Tour - June 2017

ValerieT

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/20/2017 at 5:30 PM, Boatlady said:

Ok no

problem. I have Kirsten with me she has her license and is a good driver so we are all set. 

Thank you Kirsten and Debby for rescuing us! Phew--that was close. Maybe we should dial it down a notch in the next country.

I'm headed straight for the pool!! I just can't get accustomed to seeing 118 degrees on the temp gauge in my car after work. I keep telling myself that I don't have to dry in ice and shovel snow. :disappearing-smilie:

China? Wow--I have just the photo that I'm going to use -- just after I relax in the pool!

On 6/20/2017 at 5:30 PM, Boatlady said:

Ok no

problem. I have Kirsten with me she has her license and is a good driver so we are all set. 

Thank you Kirsten and Debby for rescuing us! Phew--that was close. Maybe we should dial it down a notch in the next country.  Here is my REFLECTIONS page.

I'm headed straight for the pool!! I just can't get accustomed to seeing 118 degrees on the temp gauge in my car after work. I keep telling myself that in winters, I don't have to drive in ice and shovel snow anymore. :disappearing-smilie:

The Great Wall?  Wow--I have just the photo that I'm going to use -- just after I relax in the pool!

I'm so sorry that I was unable to join in with you gals on the World Tour. Too many things happening and I've been in the dumps for the past few months. Today I start the prep for my colonoscopy tomorrow. Also having an endoscopy done at the same time. Then I've got to make appointment for a colectomy that my urologist wants me to have. All fun procedures. Need to start PT for my OAD. My hands are still bothering me and my new orthopaedist says that I might have to have more surgery on my hand. 'Oh No' says I.

Anyway, you gals look like you had a blast this year. I have to go back and read the thread and check out your layouts. Have fun and enjoy the rest of the tour.

22nd June

Hmmmm….   Seems some of you got carried away with all this talk about walls.  I did NOT mean for you to walk the entire wall or do it at night so that I was woken up this morning with a call from Border Control.   We are missing some of our members, who are they?  Own up, we can’t sail without them and the Captain is not happy.   He is sending gifts to the agents.  Be sure to include one gift item on your page.    You can interpret gift item as you see fit.    When you are done post your layout in the World Tour Gallery.

44 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

22nd June

Hmmmm….   Seems some of you got carried away with all this talk about walls.  I did NOT mean for you to walk the entire wall or do it at night so that I was woken up this morning with a call from Border Control.   We are missing some of our members, who are they?  Own up, we can’t sail without them and the Captain is not happy.   He is sending gifts to the agents.  Be sure to include one gift item on your page.    You can interpret gift item as you see fit.    When you are done post your layout in the World Tour Gallery.

I have only walked a very small portion of the wall, but believe me it isn't an easy walk.  Lots of up and downs.

17 minutes ago, princessrunningfingers said:

I have only walked a very small portion of the wall, but believe me it isn't an easy walk.  Lots of up and downs.

I amazed at how massive this structure is considering the period of time it was built.  And then I think...I can't believe people could/would scale that mountain anyway!!  

It wasn't me cause I'm still on my own boat but going back to the dock tomorrow so I will join in. Hey is there a salt water pool?? I could use a good float after climbing on the Great Wall  what a spectacular feat of engineering!

sea you all later  

The Gift has thrown me....grrr have to re-think my whole layout now. So how's the pool everyone? It wasn't me either, I can only do minimal walking, so not guilty, but I am allowed to swim...so just saying, Taj Mahal...I own it!

31 minutes ago, alsoarty said:

The Gift has thrown me....grrr have to re-think my whole layout now. So how's the pool everyone? It wasn't me either, I can only do minimal walking, so not guilty, but I am allowed to swim...so just saying, Taj Mahal...I own it!

Can you add a bow or ribbon some how?

6 hours ago, SodScrap said:

I amazed at how massive this structure is considering the period of time it was built.  And then I think...I can't believe people could/would scale that mountain anyway!!  

It's like the Kotel/Wailing Wall in Jerusalem.  HOW did those people back then carry those huge boulders to build it?   They have trouble now with technology when trying to fix it!  

1 hour ago, alsoarty said:

You can really interpret "gift" in any way you want Andrea - even the layout itself! :) 

36 minutes ago, CRS said:

I did NOT log 50,000 steps on my FitBit, really, I didn't!

Carla, shhhhhhhh...  I just said we were together last night!    But, then again I don't have 50,000 steps either.  Promise.....  :newangel::newangel:

As a matter of fact, I think we had others with us, didn't we?    Quiet we were and tucked in here...  Quiet.   Right?  

1 hour ago, alsoarty said:

Gift can be interpreted however you see it Andrea!  Is someone on the layout a gift?  The "action" of the layout a gift?  (the ability to do...whatever it is)  Etc.

Carla's idea of a bow or ribbon works too!  You can do it!!

Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar? Oh wait wrong game. ?? phooey I finished another layout but had to go to work before I could post it. I tried to do it on my lunch break but a I guess you can do it from an IPhone. Oh well.  Will have to be this evening. Life. 

I"m here, just haven't done my layouts yet:blink:
I looked at my pedometer and thought "oh no it says 50000!" but on a second closer look it was only 5000!:hit-head-with-hammer: Silly me:wobbly-eyes:

Kelly !!! I now can't stop singing "who stole the cookie from the cookie jar, was it you..........":banghead:

Archived