Scrap Girls World Tour - June 2017

ValerieT

19 minutes ago, Ngaire said:

I"m here, just haven't done my layouts yet:blink:
I looked at my pedometer and thought "oh no it says 50000!" but on a second closer look it was only 5000!:hit-head-with-hammer: Silly me:wobbly-eyes:

Kelly !!! I now can't stop singing "who stole the cookie from the cookie jar, was it you..........":banghead:

Uh-oh... Made me look, my Fitbit says only 4329 --- guess who needs to go for a walk?   Anyone care to join me?   :dancing-smilie:

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cookies?  I want a cookie!!!!  I need it for sustenance and energy!

Marilyn I hope your headache goes away soon...but *ahem* some of the ladies are a little loud an wild....I hope they don't disturb you....

23rd June

Today we have arrived at the Arakura Sengen Shrine in Japan. Let's hope the weather is clear so we can see Mount Fuji. There will be a meditation class this evening in the temple.

Japan.jpg

Yet again we want you to use this image as inspiration for your layout.

10 hours ago, Florida granny said:

You ladies have me laughing in the aisles! :D I think I need to rest my splitting sides a bit with maybe a nice calm drink at the bar. Anyone care to join me?

Checking the beginning of this wacky tour I realized I missed a lot of fun... and a lot of tasks. Here's one from June 3: my new siggie.

love, Love, LOVE your new siggy, Diane!!

I could make about 20 LO's based on Mt Fuji and the shrine!!!  Yay!  Yes, they are cherry blossoms... I've got lots of photos from a couple of the cherry blossom festivals I went to when I lived in Japan.  I climbed Mt Fuji, too... might be time to scrap those photos, although they were from a disposable camera, unfortunately.

I am back at the dock for 2 days so I took a helicopter over to the ship...now I can hang around and have fun, cause trouble and rest up. Off on the next excursion so I guess no rest.!!!

Here is my wall...it's a breakwall!!! My gift is the anchor.  20 years ago my husband gave me a gold anchor necklace that I wear all the time, it's very rare that it gets taken off, best gift ever.

1 hour ago, Mikelle said:

I could make about 20 LO's based on Mt Fuji and the shrine!!!  Yay!  Yes, they are cherry blossoms... I've got lots of photos from a couple of the cherry blossom festivals I went to when I lived in Japan.  I climbed Mt Fuji, too... might be time to scrap those photos, although they were from a disposable camera, unfortunately.

Oh we want to see that....

4 hours ago, SodScrap said:

23rd June

Today we have arrived at the Arakura Sengen Shrine in Japan. Let's hope the weather is clear so we can see Mount Fuji. There will be a meditation class this evening in the temple.

Japan.jpg

Yet again we want you to use this image as inspiration for your layout.

Meditation class...that might straighten out some of us...LOL...What time? I wouldn't want to miss that.

Sometimes it's the tiniest thing that can mess you up! Worked on my reflection all morning. Played around with one photo but didn't like anything I did. Found another photo, kept trying the watercolor tutorial I did before. Even reset tools and rebooted computer. It just wouldn't worked. Read some of the comments attached to video: make sure background is black/foreground white. As simple as that.:hit-head-with-hammer: Got a good start on it. However we are taking a shore excursion and heading down south to Austin, TX to visit bro-in-law. for the weekend. Y'all try to behave! lol!!!

17 minutes ago, Mikelle said:

This is a layout I did last year using a photo from one of the cherry blossom festivals I went to...

HirosakiSmall.jpg

Oooh... that's so pretty, Mikelle. How about bringing it to meditation this evening so that we have something peaceful to look at?  Hi, Debby, nice to see you!

On 6/21/2017 at 8:16 AM, SodScrap said:

No more wading pools here.  WHEW!!!  This structure has always amazed me...I'm not sure even with today's technology this could be recreated!

A wall...hmmmm.  I have a photo of Charlotte in mind.  We were at a local Chinese restaurant and the walls were painted with some wild colors...but after seeing the photo with the wall in the background, it complimented her big old hair bow...

I can't even begin to imagine the trouble we can all get into trying to be quiet and peaceful for a meditation class, no less sit still for an extended period of time!   :bouncing-frog::going-crazy::bouncing-frog:

2 hours ago, Florida granny said:

Oooh... that's so pretty, Mikelle. How about bringing it to meditation this evening so that we have something peaceful to look at?  Hi, Debby, nice to see you!

Yes very peaceful, it might help us behave and meditate.

On 6/22/2017 at 3:46 PM, MariJ said:

I was with Carla.   We can vouch for each other...  Right??????????

Of course!

I went through my photos and picked some for each challenge and placed them on a document. Now I just need to start working on them!

Archived