Scrap Girls World Tour - June 2017

ValerieT

4 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Don't know if I'll get the last few  challenges done as I have long days for the next few days. But it's been such a blast as always so thanks to all involved in the 2017 World Tour. I just have to say the gallery looks fantabulously AHmazing!!! You ladies rocked your layouts. There's so much talent      that inspires and pushes me to keep on improving my art. Hugs to y'all! ?

There is just not enough time in a day, I am totally convinced!!! It was great to see you and hope you can still hang out with us.

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup just when I think I can catch up...company on the boat...I will still try to catch up. Wow crunch time now...Thursday we will be at the dock with not the best weather (inside projects), errands and some scrapping time I hope.

everyone is making such wonderful pages, I am enjoying the journey through your pages. Love it all.

9 hours ago, Boatlady said:

We are back from our boat travels so now I need to catch up on so many SG things...I tell you this retirement and living on the boat is so hectic. Well I get get a few good photos from Watch Hill RI so after I get back to the cruise ship I can scrap, leave love and see everyone.

Wow this back and forth between our boat and the cruise ship is making me tired so maybe a nap by the pool would be nice.

I'm snoozing right beside you Debby!  :going-to-sleep::sleeping:

17 hours ago, tinkerbell11 said:

27th June

Oh dear by using COLOR I did not mean for some of you to start up a paintball game after the dive.  Who smuggled in the paintball markers and equipment?   I’m afraid we are getting out of control.   Use a brush on your layout to either paint or erase some color.   You can do both if you like!  When you are done post your layout in the World Tour Gallery.

Oooh I think it might have been me that got a bit carried away in the painting department. Lots of colour in this one Australia

And I am up to date:cheeringdog:

The passport has been udated.

Please note; there will be one more update to the passport which I will do Saturday morning, just before I do the prize draw.

I haven't kept up with all the layouts like I really wanted to, but I have to say that watching this thread has been alot of fun.  It's been great to see how active it is, I know the month is coming to a close..but I hope everyone stays around after this is over and participates in the other challenges we have on the message board

28th June

While we cross the Pacific to reach California, we've made a quick stop on one of the most remote islands in the world. Easter Island. Those Moai are incredible.

Easter Island.jpg

This might be a bit tricky, but once again we want you to use this image as inspiration for your layout.

12 hours ago, Boatlady said:

Yup just when I think I can catch up...company on the boat...I will still try to catch up. Wow crunch time now...Thursday we will be at the dock with not the best weather (inside projects), errands and some scrapping time I hope.

everyone is making such wonderful pages, I am enjoying the journey through your pages. Love it all.

I guess I never really thought about it...what do you do if the weather turns bad? Have you ever been caught in a bad storm where you've had to leave the boat and take shelter in town somewhere? Yikes!

Here is my Australian Reef inspired LO.  I went with flowers instead of fish.  Not sure if I'm going to get the last one done.  Working a lot this week, as my co-worker is out of town, and my twin sister and mom are coming in to town tonight.  Haven't seen my twin in several months.  So I might have to jump ship for a couple days.

On 6/26/2017 at 11:56 AM, LauraYB said:

Oh, me too, Marilyn! I'm dressed in my scuba gear and ready to roll.

Welcome back, Kelly. You'll have to share your stories at the pool tonight.

The bright colors in this photo just gave me an idea for a LO.......BRB.

I have always wanted to dive that reef...I sold all my scuba gear last year so I will have to rent some but that's ok...ready DIVE, DIVE,DIVE !!!!!

2 hours ago, CRS said:

I guess I never really thought about it...what do you do if the weather turns bad? Have you ever been caught in a bad storm where you've had to leave the boat and take shelter in town somewhere? Yikes!

We watch weather very closely and always try to find safe harbor but we have been caught in nasty weather a few times in our 30+ years of boating. When we are anchored or at a dock there are always projects and cleaning while we wait for the weather to change. Thanks for asking.

Here is my Great Barrier Reef page....ooops it's only Mystic Aquarium!!! Yup I have my paintballs stored up...anyone need any????....let the fun begin.

I cannot believe this trip is almost over...I had a hard time keeping up with all our excursions but it was fun while I was aboard. No one even got reprimanded by the captain so that is a good trip.

It was great to hang around at the pool and catch up with all the scrappers. It is sad to see the end is near.

6 hours ago, Boatlady said:

We watch weather very closely and always try to find safe harbor but we have been caught in nasty weather a few times in our 30+ years of boating. When we are anchored or at a dock there are always projects and cleaning while we wait for the weather to change. Thanks for asking.

I just always picture calm waters and blue skies, lol. Glad you keep a close eye on the weather.

Woke up extra early so took advantage to do one for the Japanese/peaceful challenge. Fort Worth Japanese Garden Might be able to get something done for the Great Barrier Reef if I can find a suitable photo. Long day need to find a bartender/cabana boy for something cool a refreshing. A massage would be nice right about now.

14 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Woke up extra early so took advantage to do one for the Japanese/peaceful challenge. Fort Worth Japanese Garden Might be able to get something done for the Great Barrier Reef if I can find a suitable photo. Long day need to find a bartender/cabana boy for something cool a refreshing. A massage would be nice right about now.

Can you request 2 massages, Kelly, especially after the day I had. So glad to helicopter in after a long day at the office and meet you ladies for a little R&R at the pool!! :) Oh, cabana boy, I'll take a double, please.

40 minutes ago, LauraYB said:

Can you request 2 massages, Kelly, especially after the day I had. So glad to helicopter in after a long day at the office and meet you ladies for a little R&R at the pool!! :) Oh, cabana boy, I'll take a double, please.

Add me in - sounds like fun! :) 

25 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Add me in - sounds like fun! :) 

Oh man, make that 3.  And the cabana boy better find a helper because I think we might just keep him busy tonight.  Forget the double..just bring me the bottle:blink:

Here's my Jersey Shore/beach layout:  Good Times/Spring Breakin'

I will be sorry for this month to end - it's been so much fun cruisin' with you crazy girls!

When this holiday weekend is done and I can slow down, I am going to take my time and go through the Gallery - it looks SO amazing - and leave you all some special love!

29th June

I think there may have been a bit too much drinking last night. I appears some of our group thought they should dress the Moai in hats and scarves.

Make sure there is at least one “face” on your layout. When you are done post your layout in the World Tour Gallery.

7 hours ago, angleigh said:

Oh man, make that 3.  And the cabana boy better find a helper because I think we might just keep him busy tonight.  Forget the double..just bring me the bottle:blink:

Long day Angie?  Those massages sure felt good and was nice on that pool deck last night, wasn't it?   Thanks! for coordinating this Laura! :)

2 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Long day Angie?  Those massages sure felt good and was nice on that pool deck last night, wasn't it?   Thanks! for coordinating this Laura! :)

Yeah, too bad I fell asleep right after the massage.  But a nights sleep under the stars is just what I needed.  Thanks for whoever covered me with that blanked.  Hey cabana boy, make it a donut and Starbucks iced coffee instead

Just now, angleigh said:

Yeah, too bad I fell asleep right after the massage.  But a nights sleep under the stars is just what I needed.  Thanks for whoever covered me with that blanked.  Hey cabana boy, make it a donut and Starbucks iced coffee instead

Breakfast?  Is it breakfast time already?   I'll go for scrambled eggs and pancakes...    Sure was a nice sleep pool-side,  let's do the day again, the massage and libations were wonderful! :)   Who's ordering?   Maybe it can be a group massage poolside this morning after breakfast.... Heavenly....  
Are you sure this ship has to dock?
NOOOooooooooooooooooo   :shycouch:   Might be some stowaways onboard I suspect..... 

I can't believe it's the end of the month! It sure has been fun cruising with all of you! That massage and those fancy drinks were just what I needed after a long day of touring around. I have to jump ship early this morning for some land travel, but hope to catch up with you tomorrow evening (assuming internet service at the hotel)  for our farewell banquet and sing-along -- or whatever <_<.  Hopefully, over the next few days I can leave some love on all those amazing layouts in the gallery. Everyone did such wonderful work -- it's really inspiring! See you later!

Here is my Easter Island page. As soon as I saw the pic I knew I had to use these photos from a few years ago when I visited the Outer Banks with my girlfriend. Then the added challenge of Faces!! Perfect...DONE

11 hours ago, LauraYB said:

Me too Please. I am so far behind but I do feel better after that drink and so down time. So good hanging out with you Kelly and Laura, just what I needed.

I am going to miss everyone, the cruise has been a real blast:space-man-smilie:. Now I need a vacation to rest up!:going-crazy:

Archived