Impromptu Weekend Photo Challenge

angleigh

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Oh dear!! I didn't mean to post this so many times. I thought I wasn't doing something right!!! Now I don't know how to delete the extra posts. SORRY!!!!

No worries, we'll take care of the extras. Your photo is stunning!

10 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

DH and I took a walk this evening. It's in a neighborhood near ours. I used my Iphone with an camera app.

59360538ec952_neighborhoodpond.jpg.0477cc4c02f934f88e130d1f470150a4.jpg

So pretty

10 hours ago, SodScrap said:

I'm in the passenger seat and was able to catch my husband in the rear view mirror. Never mind the bugs on the windshield...

20170602_Reflection.jpg

Cool reflection in motion too !!! Great bug collection LOL we always get them too. I carry windex and paper towels so we can do a good daily windshield wash cause the smears are nasty to see through.

12 hours ago, SodScrap said:

I'm in the passenger seat and was able to catch my husband in the rear view mirror. Never mind the bugs on the windshield...

20170602_Reflection.jpg

Did Leroy catch you?  LOL   That's what the boys windshield looks like and it drives them crazy. 

1 hour ago, angleigh said:

Did Leroy catch you?  LOL   That's what the boys windshield looks like and it drives them crazy. 

He did not!  And there were two days last week that it was terribly "buggy" here.  LOL  When Zach and Bailey came up Friday night they said it was so bad they thought it was raining!!  It drives me crazy too, but mine is way worse because I can't wash it...reference broken sun roof.  Let the car shopping begin.  *groan*

1 hour ago, SodScrap said:

He did not!  And there were two days last week that it was terribly "buggy" here.  LOL  When Zach and Bailey came up Friday night they said it was so bad they thought it was raining!!  It drives me crazy too, but mine is way worse because I can't wash it...reference broken sun roof.  Let the car shopping begin.  *groan*

What's worse...  Car shopping or computer shopping?   Toss-up and bad (but good) in lots of different ways. :D 

I just got my home network up and running last night after switching from a dial-up to FIOS now that it is in my area. Anyway, saw this challenge and thought I would share one of my favorite reflections pictures of the Twin Towers taken (8-18-98) when a couple of fellow rugby players asked for a tour of NYC by land and water.

Twin Towers - 98-cropped.jpg

10 minutes ago, LindaH57 said:

I just got my home network up and running last night after switching from a dial-up to FIOS now that it is in my area. Anyway, saw this challenge and thought I would share one of my favorite reflections pictures of the Twin Towers taken (8-18-98) when a couple of fellow rugby players asked for a tour of NYC by land and water.

Love this one!!:wub:

1 hour ago, LindaH57 said:

WOW!! So dramatic!

10 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

I say car shopping is worse. All that haggling. ?

Yeah, I agree....  My cousin always deals online, gets the price he wants then brings the check, no discussion.

He's even done it for me!

49 minutes ago, CRS said:

After our long trek, our windshield is plenty buggy! But it will have to wait until tomorrow! I'll look my photos tomorrow and see what reflection photos I have.

Welcome back, Carla! Missed you here. :)  

Thanks, Marilyn! Here is a photo I took of Lauren standing in front of a bunch of mirrors....I don't see myself in them, so I think it's a success! And, the bounding box trick worked!

IMG_9229.thumb.JPG.f6fb26e8c137a7569af048bbe28a8894.JPG

56 minutes ago, CRS said:

Thanks, Marilyn! Here is a photo I took of Lauren standing in front of a bunch of mirrors....I don't see myself in them, so I think it's a success! And, the bounding box trick worked!

IMG_9229.thumb.JPG.f6fb26e8c137a7569af048bbe28a8894.JPG

That's a very cool reflection photo.   Now, inquiring minds want to know, what Lauren is wearing? :D 

On June 6, 2017 at 7:44 PM, MariJ said:

Yeah, I agree....  My cousin always deals online, gets the price he wants then brings the check, no discussion.

He's even done it for me!

My son Mike buys all of his vehicles like that, online from dealers, then takes that quote and then buys it nearby. Costco also has a program I plan to try where they do something similar for you. No haggling. I'm thinking of getting a new car, although our vehicles get driven so little, they are like new.

15 hours ago, MariJ said:

That's a very cool reflection photo.   Now, inquiring minds want to know, what Lauren is wearing? :D 

We were at the Strong Museum (a children's museum) so she made herself a little "hat". We looked through our old photos from when they were in preschool and we recreated some of them now that they are older. Brooke had a hat like that in several of the photos, so Lauren had to make one for the now photos. And, her tshirt is large on her, so she pulls it back with a hair tie and gives her shirt a little "tail". I think she does it to annoy her father, lol!

4 hours ago, CRS said:

We were at the Strong Museum (a children's museum) so she made herself a little "hat". We looked through our old photos from when they were in preschool and we recreated some of them now that they are older. Brooke had a hat like that in several of the photos, so Lauren had to make one for the now photos. And, her tshirt is large on her, so she pulls it back with a hair tie and gives her shirt a little "tail". I think she does it to annoy her father, lol!

Oh haha, probably true, teenagers!   But, cute photo of Lauren. :) 

On 6/6/2017 at 5:52 PM, LindaH57 said:

Amazing photo...a true treasure.

2 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

All of these reflection photos a so unique! Here's one that Larisa and I took at the Da Vinci museum in Rome. Carla's photo of Lauren reminded me of it.

593acaccd771d_Lmedavinci.jpg.0496e36dd436ba67cfc5a37fa98f72f4.jpg

Love it! I should have had Lauren looking at the camera instead of at the mirror in my shot...I like yours much better!

1 hour ago, AmandaFace said:

Late to the game, but this one struck me. The fun little reflection in the kiddos glasses (they aren't prescription, she just thinks they're fun) - but funny enough the reflection is some of my working files :D

20170507_122546-01_wm.jpeg

Cute picture of the two of you!

Archived