Impromptu Weekend Photo Challenge

angleigh

Oops, I meant to add that this thread is so cool! I love seeing  all the different takes on the topic. These are all great! While at HPB I almost picked up a book on photo tips and another on fun way to alter them non digitally. I knew I wouldn't use them so I didn't get them. ?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

59320fea6c624_selfreflection.jpg.4820b1db3f7694c3eb23e195c684c3db.jpg

Earlier today Jaclyn and I went shopping at Half Price Books in Dallas. When we left it wasn't raining. The highway was quite wet from rain that had fallen before we got there. I dropped her off at the door since she had a box of books she wanted to sell. I snapped this reflection selfie in the back seat window. I might add that on the way home we it some minor flooding, quite the adventure getting home. Thankful for the Waze app to get us around most of it.

fun, love the rain in the reflection

9 hours ago, April Showers said:

Oh, I took some ducky video with a cool reflection in the pool last night (they came back after a day away). Now to get a single shot out of it...

Oh, I keep missing them!   Have to check again tomorrow. :D

1 hour ago, MariJ said:

Ok, my sister sent this to me so I didn't take it, but it's so amazing I had to go look for it.   Can you believe, this is trees reflecting in her pond?  Amazing, huh?

Judi's Pond reflection .jpg

That IS truly amazing!! Looks like marbled paper I saw in the shop. Beautiful!

3 hours ago, MariJ said:

Oh, I keep missing them!   Have to check again tomorrow. :D

It isn't on live view anymore, but he posted a video I took this morning. We didn't edit it at all, and I'm no video pro. I took it with my Nikon D7100. And Bob cleaned the pool when he got home, the ducks are a bit messy...

April I love your video, have the last three little ducks got out? They left you strawberries?

I just took two pictures:
The first a reflection in a living room furniture
The second my reflection taking the picture in the veranda

DSC06117.JPG

DSC06121_little.jpg

5 hours ago, April Showers said:

It isn't on live view anymore, but he posted a video I took this morning. We didn't edit it at all, and I'm no video pro. I took it with my Nikon D7100. And Bob cleaned the pool when he got home, the ducks are a bit messy...

April the drone photo is great, how cool! 

And, I LOVE your video - how sweet to see those ducklings swimming (not so great for the usual swimmer or pool guy Bob!) and how adorable to see them hopping out, some from the side and the others up the float, very cute!   I was laughing at the Mama standing there clucking at times while the last ones are still in, can't you just imagine what she's saying?   The others were pretty smart finding your strawberries (not so great for the usual strawberry lovers!).  

THANKS!  For posting it, I really enjoyed watching.   I'll have to keep checking the page for any more video updates.   Thomas & you did a fantastic job!

5 hours ago, Dady said:

April I love your video, have the last three little ducks got out? They left you strawberries?

The little ducks aren't so good at actually eating the strawberries. They just managed to pick a few green ones so there are plenty left for us. All the ducklings get out of the pool using the float, since they can't fly at all yet. I just stopped recording before they were all out. :)

IMG_20170531_140245515.thumb.jpg.5f5a616987749ef8ba0798915fbc8d05.jpg

This new format is hard to get used to. I see lots of great reflections. How do I comment on a particular photos, not that it would be easy to choose?

But this is so great, Angie - I took this picture the other day near the preserve - it shows the trees reflecting in a pond. I though it looked kind of impressionistic (except for the nice sharp leaves in the corner).

6 hours ago, AggieB said:

This new format is hard to get used to. I see lots of great reflections. How do I comment on a particular photos, not that it would be easy to choose?

But this is so great, Angie - I took this picture the other day near the preserve - it shows the trees reflecting in a pond. I though it looked kind of impressionistic (except for the nice sharp leaves in the corner).

Hi Aggie, it is hard at first but after a bit of trial and error it works!   If you want to comment on a post, go to the orange "Quote" box on the bottom right of that post.   You will get a box to type in, almost like in the old forum!    The orange "+" next to the "Quote" lets you leave multiple quotes at one, but that's another story!    

Once you type your response, click the "Submit Reply" orange button that's now on the bottom right of the reply box?  Does that make sense?   Let me know and I can explain more, but usually I'm WAY too wordy for what something needs!   :D

PS I LOVE your photo, it's so pretty!

(Also, I forgot to type that after I posted this.  If you forget something click "edit" which magically appears after you post your words!)

6 hours ago, AggieB said:

IMG_20170531_140245515.thumb.jpg.5f5a616987749ef8ba0798915fbc8d05.jpg

Very pretty...it does look like a painting

On 6/2/2017 at 4:15 PM, Ngaire said:

Oh Angie how cool to have a fun challenge like this.

Here is a reflection I took a wee while ago of the sun setting reflection on our tub sliding door.

Lei thats a great shot of Rosie!!

Debby you must see some amazing sunsets on your travels!!!

Marie-Chiristine thats pretty clever what you did!!

Oh  keep these fun photos coming ladies!!!!

Reflection-Web.jpg

Great reflection shot.

On 6/3/2017 at 6:45 PM, alsoarty said:

I love the reflection of Evelyn in the window and then the green from the window onto Dash's face.

Reflection.jpg

This is precious!

On 6/2/2017 at 5:42 PM, englishrose said:

This is a photo of the Albert dock in Liverpool. The reflection is in the large end window of the city's new museum.

liverpool.jpg

Amazing photo

On 6/2/2017 at 7:09 PM, MariJ said:

Each one of these photos are awesome and so different, I'm loving looking through them!
I read the challenge wrong this morning and thought we had to take/find a NEW reflection photo.   So, I walk out of acupuncture to go looking and there are my sneakers and me distorted but reflecting off the first car fender I passed in the parking lot!  And, it's kind of a double reflection! :D 

I'll be back with a better reflection photo in a bit, this just made me laugh!

Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 7.07.02 PM.jpg

That is a great reflection photo.

I couldn't resist sending more reflection pics. First  one is the window of our neighbors boat and part of our boat appears in the window to the right. We had a beautiful sunset at the dock this evening. Second is the next morning looking across the bay to the other marina, great scenery for my morning coffee. Livin' the life!

IMG_9396.JPG

IMG_8146.JPG

2 hours ago, Boatlady said:

I couldn't resist sending more reflection pics. First  one is the window of our neighbors boat and part of our boat appears in the window to the right. We had a beautiful sunset at the dock this evening. Second is the next morning looking across the bay to the other marina, great scenery for my morning coffee. Livin' the life!

IMG_9396.JPG

IMG_8146.JPG

Love these! It's like you are always on vacation!

4 hours ago, Boatlady said:

IMG_9396.JPG

IMG_8146.JPG

Oh wow. Such calm water - great shot Debs.

Debby you sure are living the life, but its great the you can share snippets with us. That water is just so calm!!

Oh can't wait to see what your next challenge is Angie!! Have really enjoyed everyones take on reflections!!

Maybe we could have a spot in the gallery where where can go back to see them easily. Just a thought:blush:

25 minutes ago, Ngaire said:

Debby you sure are living the life, but its great the you can share snippets with us. That water is just so calm!!

Oh can't wait to see what your next challenge is Angie!! Have really enjoyed everyones take on reflections!!

Maybe we could have a spot in the gallery where where can go back to see them easily. Just a thought:blush:

Let me see what I can do about that

Archived