Show me your desktop/wallpaper

On 6/6/2017 at 1:39 PM, angleigh said:

Colby asked me the other day "when are you going to change that picture on your computer, you've had it for years"  Yeah..guess that's the last thing I think about changing.

So I went out looking for some today and just didn't find anything cute.  Then this really awesome kit came across my inbox this week (it will be in the stores on Friday) and I took a little break and created a new desktop for my computer.

You'll have to ignore the glare, but I think it's super cute

20170606_153150.jpg

Angie, is that one layout in double the width and computer spreads it out over both screens? What measurements did you use?  I have two screens too and it never occurred to me to do that.  I have one single picture on each screen.  I'll post it soon.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone..it's been fun seeing everyone's answers to these quirky questions.

Amy I cheated I used this site:  wallpaperfusion.com   Once I found one I liked I clicked on it.  It then saw the size monitors I had and told me the size layout to go across both screens.  I just downloaded 1 and  used that as a template.

2 minutes ago, angleigh said:

Thanks everyone..it's been fun seeing everyone's answers to these quirky questions.

Amy I cheated I used this site:  wallpaperfusion.com   Once I found one I liked I clicked on it.  It then saw the size monitors I had and told me the size layout to go across both screens.  I just downloaded 1 and  used that as a template.

Sounds sneaky! I may give that a try - the seamless look between the monitors is really cool.

I change my desktop often. Right now I have the Botanical Garden's Conservatory that was taken at night, not by me. It was taken by photographer Robert Benson. This is one reason why I go back to the garden and the conservatory. It's such a beautiful building. Built in the late 1800's (I think around 1892) and is still holding up.

593d6d826d7b2_RobertBensonphotoofNYBGConversatoryatNight.jpg.29f36ee30753ebd72e0092e74e144086.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I started using my desktop as a calendar.  It's the one place I'm sure look first thing in the morning!

Desktop.png

On 6/11/2017 at 0:21 PM, lorac said:

I change my desktop often. Right now I have the Botanical Garden's Conservatory that was taken at night, not by me. It was taken by photographer Robert Benson. This is one reason why I go back to the garden and the conservatory. It's such a beautiful building. Built in the late 1800's (I think around 1892) and is still holding up.

593d6d826d7b2_RobertBensonphotoofNYBGConversatoryatNight.jpg.29f36ee30753ebd72e0092e74e144086.jpg

Stunning!!!!

On 6/26/2017 at 4:35 PM, ladyscrapalot said:

That's super cute and agreat idea!!

I really like that idea....but I have had my dog on the screen ever since I had to put him down 2 years ago...I change the picture but I need to see him every morning and say "Good night Pirate I miss you" every night when I shut down.

2 hours ago, Boatlady said:

I really like that idea....but I have had my dog on the screen ever since I had to put him down 2 years ago...I change the picture but I need to see him every morning and say "Good night Pirate I miss you" every night when I shut down.

?? awwee that's a sweet thing to do. 

On 6/28/2017 at 3:24 PM, Boatlady said:

What a beautiful idea, Debby. I know how much you miss Pirate. I have a bulletin board above my desk, and that is where I have photos of my kitties that are over the Rainbow Bridge. I also have framed photos of my kitties as well.

I always have the last layout I've made as desktop background. This way, I can see if something is wrong on my layout before add it on galleries.

596180d4241f7_ScreenShot2017-07-08at7_53_40PM.thumb.png.9468058406248e018c7103356f08cd7a.pngreally? your desktops are gorgeous! super cute Angie!

This really is what mine looks like ALL the time. I design marching band flags, props, etc. and my working files are always there where I can find them. I am ashamed and a hot mess. :( I have a pic of my grand ellen back there somewhere. Don't judge.

On 6/8/2017 at 5:36 AM, diannecp said:

totally dumb question here: how does one get to the "desktop" on a Mac?! is that the same as "Launchpad"? (yes I've had a Mac for 2+ yrs and still don't know this - well, I put files in my "Desktop" folders but I don't know how to get there like I do with Windows. Weird, huh?!

You can also click on 'GO' on the top (go to or open finder) and then choose desktop, and you'll see everything that's on your desktop. HTH. If you have too much on your desktop it will slow your computer down. I'm guilty of this as well.

5 hours ago, alsoarty said:

What collection is that from Amy?

Hi Andrea, It's an Angelea Blanchard Collection and I'm pretty positive it's retired because I always wanted to buy it and now I'm mad I didn't! :(

On 7/8/2017 at 8:01 PM, Emily Abramson said:

596180d4241f7_ScreenShot2017-07-08at7_53_40PM.thumb.png.9468058406248e018c7103356f08cd7a.pngreally? your desktops are gorgeous! super cute Angie!

This really is what mine looks like ALL the time. I design marching band flags, props, etc. and my working files are always there where I can find them. I am ashamed and a hot mess. :( I have a pic of my grand ellen back there somewhere. Don't judge.

Wow! I learned something new about you. My youngest dd, Jaclyn, was in Color Guard and Winter Guard all through high school. Don't be ashamed! It looks like you have a lot of files to keep track of and they are all in nice little rows!

4 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Wow! I learned something new about you. My youngest dd, Jaclyn, was in Color Guard and Winter Guard all through high school. Don't be ashamed! It looks like you have a lot of files to keep track of and they are all in nice little rows!

That is nice to know Jaclyn! Didn't you love it? I miss those days so much. Our family has been involved in the marching arts for many years. My daughters marched in high school, college and drum corps and both taught well after they were finished performing. I had my own independent winterguard for three years as well. My son in law still teaches at Phantom Regiment and my daughter designs flags and props as well. That was when I was younger and less tired. HAHA!! 

8 hours ago, alsoarty said:

Where can I get that screen saver Marilyn... Iove it!

Do you mean the Statue of Liberty and the bubbles, Andrea?   That was Marie-Christine and I was commenting on how cool it is!  

8 hours ago, Emily Abramson said:

That is nice to know Jaclyn! Didn't you love it? I miss those days so much. Our family has been involved in the marching arts for many years. My daughters marched in high school, college and drum corps and both taught well after they were finished performing. I had my own independent winterguard for three years as well. My son in law still teaches at Phantom Regiment and my daughter designs flags and props as well. That was when I was younger and less tired. HAHA!! 

I thnk she had a love/hate relationship with guard!! lol!! She loved her coach and performing but I think she hated practicing with band in August in Texas summer heat. Guard would pick up the part pretty well, band; not so much. I think she liked Winter Guard more - no band involved. lol!

Archived