Show me your desktop/wallpaper

Colby asked me the other day "when are you going to change that picture on your computer, you've had it for years"  Yeah..guess that's the last thing I think about changing.

So I went out looking for some today and just didn't find anything cute.  Then this really awesome kit came across my inbox this week (it will be in the stores on Friday) and I took a little break and created a new desktop for my computer.

You'll have to ignore the glare, but I think it's super cute

20170606_153150.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OHHH...that's adorable.  I have had my computers almost a year now...STILL have stock wallpaper.  For.  Shame.  And aren't you fancy with two monitors???  LOL

Will have to remedy that soon.  

41 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

OHHH...that's adorable.  I have had my computers almost a year now...STILL have stock wallpaper.  For.  Shame.  And aren't you fancy with two monitors???  LOL

Will have to remedy that soon.  

Not only 2 monitors, but BIG ones!

I have a night photo of the St. Louis arch for my background photo.

Love the comical characters on your screens Angie - how lovely to turn on your computer and have something to chuckle over. I stuck my favourite scrap page of my DGS onto a bg paper for my wallpaper. It's more than a year old - I really should make another.

Very cute desktop, Angie!

I started using double monitors in the office where I work several years ago, and I loved them so much we got them at home. Sure speeds things up not having to go back and forth to look at programs on one screen, as you can have two (or more!) open on separate screens. I know of some people with 3 monitors!

I try to change my desktop with the seasons and I usually find a high res photo I like on the internet. Right now I still have a "spring" photo on my laptop, a stock one that came with the computer. It's bright and happy:

Tulips.jpg

3 hours ago, BrendaT said:

Very cute desktop, Angie!

I started using double monitors in the office where I work several years ago, and I loved them so much we got them at home. Sure speeds things up not having to go back and forth to look at programs on one screen, as you can have two (or more!) open on separate screens. I know of some people with 3 monitors!

I try to change my desktop with the seasons and I usually find a high res photo I like on the internet. Right now I still have a "spring" photo on my laptop, a stock one that came with the computer. It's bright and happy:

That really IS bright and happy!  Especially since we've had almost a week of dreary, cool and rainy weather here it was nice to see! :) 

This is my laptop. Not the best photo, I think I need to change it. Had it four years as background. My iMac is different not sure but I think it's Mac stock or something, been a while since I turned it on. My iPad is my 4 grandbabies.

IMG_2876.JPG

55 minutes ago, alsoarty said:

This is my laptop. Not the best photo, I think I need to change it. Had it four years as background. My iMac is different not sure but I think it's Mac stock or something, been a while since I turned it on. My iPad is my 4 grandbabies.

IMG_2876.JPG

Wow! Very Dramatic!!

I used to have a slideshow of some of my lo on my laptop. Then windows 10 came along and changed files around. I couldn't tell you what's on there now. I'm on my tablet on my lunch break. I guess I need to add this to my project to do list. 

I change mine now and then, this is the one I currently have on my desktop, I used BMU_Blue Collection paper blended in and over the sketch. This was a sketch I located on the internet of Statue of Liberty, I so love this statue and often think how it must have felt for so many seeing it for the very first time.

593862df32e49_StatueofLibertycopy.jpg.adb2e2d367c36b1a5aca8f14b21c78a8.jpg

23 hours ago, angleigh said:

Colby asked me the other day "when are you going to change that picture on your computer, you've had it for years"  Yeah..guess that's the last thing I think about changing.

So I went out looking for some today and just didn't find anything cute.  Then this really awesome kit came across my inbox this week (it will be in the stores on Friday) and I took a little break and created a new desktop for my computer.

You'll have to ignore the glare, but I think it's super cute

20170606_153150.jpg

Love it, looks great. I love working with two screens at work still hoping to do the same at home. My screens saver 'bubbles' would work really well with this, i have bubbles going up sideways diagonally :D.

1 hour ago, Marie-Christine said:

Love it, looks great. I love working with two screens at work still hoping to do the same at home. My screens saver 'bubbles' would work really well with this, i have bubbles going up sideways diagonally :D.

That sounds so cool, Marie! 

totally dumb question here: how does one get to the "desktop" on a Mac?! is that the same as "Launchpad"? (yes I've had a Mac for 2+ yrs and still don't know this - well, I put files in my "Desktop" folders but I don't know how to get there like I do with Windows. Weird, huh?!

41 minutes ago, diannecp said:

totally dumb question here: how does one get to the "desktop" on a Mac?! is that the same as "Launchpad"? (yes I've had a Mac for 2+ yrs and still don't know this - well, I put files in my "Desktop" folders but I don't know how to get there like I do with Windows. Weird, huh?!

Not dumb at all!  If you close every tab/page/application on your computer, then you will be left with the desktop.   :) 

That said, EVERYTHING on your desktop will show.  So for instance, I've got lots of screenshots sitting there, (because it's where they go when you take them) so if I close everything else, my desktop photo is covered by them!   I did put some in a folder, but then got more so it's covered again.

You can also go to "Finder" and click on your desktop folder to see what's in it.   

I hope I'm making sense!

Ah that makes sense. I'm too lazy to close everything on my desktop but it makes sense. I need to check and see if I can change some settings so things go into folders instead of the desktop maybe. Sigh, I had such high hopes for myself to be super organized and clutter free when I got this Mac and that just hasn't panned out. It feels overwhelming but I really should stop and deal with it soon! :)

10 hours ago, diannecp said:

Ah that makes sense. I'm too lazy to close everything on my desktop but it makes sense. I need to check and see if I can change some settings so things go into folders instead of the desktop maybe. Sigh, I had such high hopes for myself to be super organized and clutter free when I got this Mac and that just hasn't panned out. It feels overwhelming but I really should stop and deal with it soon! :)

I know what you mean, my home pc is organised, but I could easily fall into old habits. I have started to put items on my desktop at work more frequently which get duplicated but I still need to tidy these up.  I work in Adobe Indesign a lot and all files have to be kept together because of the way artwork links when creating so many layers. I was looking at some of my old creations at home  that I never finished and thought it could do with a tidy up  but still haven't done anything about it,they just seem to be floating around in 2013, OnE DaY :) 

Perhaps we could have a thread in the forum to encourage all of us to check/backup/tidy our files. :)

I haven't changed my desktop since last September. This is the one of the last photos of Lakota - her last Great Lake swim, Lake Ontario. I think she would have fetched that stick all day! I have been thinking of making a new one with the new club.

current desktop.jpg

52 minutes ago, Bride said:

I haven't changed my desktop since last September. This is the one of the last photos of Lakota - her last Great Lake swim, Lake Ontario. I think she would have fetched that stick all day! I have been thinking of making a new one with the new club.

current desktop.jpg

What a sweet fur baby ❣️

Angie you are starting such interesting chats. Loving it!!

Your desk top pics are really awesome. So cute and refreshing. Lots of the others are really lovely as well.

I just use the stock ones because I like them as well. I like a very plain background because then I can find my folders. I found if I have a busy back ground I seem to not find my folders very easy. On my laptop I have a night sky and on the Big Mac I have only just changed it from the Lion to a grassy background.

10 hours ago, Marie-Christine said:

I took a photo of my desktop image with its screensaver, I love these bubbles, they just float around happily until my pc goes to sleep when not used for a while.

20170608_215322.jpg.379e4b8f67570422413ca45bc438187d.jpg

even cooler!   :D 

22 hours ago, Ngaire said:

Angie you are starting such interesting chats. Loving it!!

Your desk top pics are really awesome. So cute and refreshing. Lots of the others are really lovely as well.

I just use the stock ones because I like them as well. I like a very plain background because then I can find my folders. I found if I have a busy back ground I seem to not find my folders very easy. On my laptop I have a night sky and on the Big Mac I have only just changed it from the Lion to a grassy background.

I love Angie's new threads too!

Archived