6/9 Photo Challenge

angleigh

So i'm looking on my phone for photo challenges and I read one that said "where you stand"  so I looked up and snapped this photo.

This was literally where I was standing at that moment.  It's the only wall in my office that's not covered in windows.  I used to be filled with the boys artwork from elementary school so last year when they started high school I took it all down and filled it with the sport they love most and spend about 8months a year training for.  Right now they are up at football camp, of course it's the hottest weekend of the year so far.  But they will come back loving every minute of it.

So this weekends challenge is "where you stand"

*as always you may have a different take on the challenge "where you stand"  that's what makes photography and things like this great.

Can't wait to see the pics!

20170609_144502.jpg

An office with mostly windows? How wonderful that must be. Well I had just finished peeling a bunch of shrimp, spiralizing 4 zuchinnis, and making a quick salad so I needed a quick little break. So when I saw the next challenge I went to were my phone (with camera) and snapped this. Now I'd best get back to making dinner. 

standing.jpg.897ea3935925e6110b72ed0dd59566c9.jpg

Wish I were at your house for dinner, Kelly!  Looks yummy and just what I like. :)

I saw this challenge earlier but was on the run and without a way to take a photo.   Now, I'm sitting on the living room floor with my laptop and watching the Mets across the room and saw it again.   My iPod was right here  - so here's "where I stand" (well, actually where I sit)

Looks a little messy when you take a pic and then have to look at it.    That's my Mickey Christmas train on top of TV.  I like looking at it and every once in a while I push a button and they sing me a Christmas Carol.   :rofl:

IMG_6566.JPG

IWow Angie, your office is well organized! I'll take a photo tomorrow morning when I get to go with my son-in-law to his cowboy shottingnthingy. I can't remember what it's called. They dress up as cowboys, and shoot old guns, reload, shoot new target, get timed etc....should be interesting.i wonder if I'll stand in the best place to take photos..

1 hour ago, MariJ said:

Wish I were at your house for dinner, Kelly!  Looks yummy and just what I like. :)

I saw this challenge earlier but was on the run and without a way to take a photo.   Now, I'm sitting on the living room floor with my laptop and watching the Mets across the room and saw it again.   My iPod was right here  - so here's "where I stand" (well, actually where I sit)

Looks a little messy when you take a pic and then have to look at it.    That's my Mickey Christmas train on top of TV.  I like looking at it and every once in a while I push a button and they sing me a Christmas Carol.   :rofl:

IMG_6566.JPG

I also see a snowman... love Christmas songs any time of year :)

4 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

An office with mostly windows? How wonderful that must be. Well I had just finished peeling a bunch of shrimp, spiralizing 4 zuchinnis, and making a quick salad so I needed a quick little break. So when I saw the next challenge I went to were my phone (with camera) and snapped this. Now I'd best get back to making dinner. 

standing.jpg.897ea3935925e6110b72ed0dd59566c9.jpg

I won't be joining you for dinnner...allergic to shrimp. But enjoy it!

My computer is in a nook at the end of the kitchen. And of course in the middle of unloading the dishwasher I decided to take a break and look at the computer.  Haha. Behind the half empty dishwasher and the open doors, drawers and cabinets is our new half finished pantry.  I'm going all Joanna Gaines on it and there will be a barn door over that opening one day.  ?

IMG_4688.JPG

Angie I agree with Andrea, you room looks so nice and tidy and organised!!

Oh Kelly I'm with Andrea on the shrimps except Im not allergic , just don't like them but I'm well.impressed with the spiralled zuchinnis! :-)

Marilyn, love all you knick knacks and momentos you have all lovingly placed around. I would love seeing all of them!

Oh Amy, that's awesome!!! Love the wee peek into you kitchen!!!

Ive just taken a photo of where I am at the moment, very uninteresting but will download it anyway. Be back shortly!

3 hours ago, englishrose said:

It's so lovely being invited to peek into everyone's homes. Here is a photo of what I can see if I stand and look out of my study window. The garden is in transition since I had a fence put between me and my (untidy) neighbours.

whereistand.jpg

That is so pretty it makes me just want to sit there and drink my coffee one morning.

What a great idea...Angie this photo challenge is great fun, I hope it becomes are regular thing. Thank you.

Here is where I am..we are living on the boat for the summers. I stepped back from my computer and this is what I see.

IMG_8211.JPG

4 hours ago, Ngaire said:

Not very exciting, but it is my new lap top which is in my craft corner in a nice warm lounge on a very dreary cold day.

Where-I-stand-Web.jpg

Looks pretty cool to me with  your sewing machines too.

5 hours ago, mimes1 said:

My computer is in a nook at the end of the kitchen. And of course in the middle of unloading the dishwasher I decided to take a break and look at the computer.  Haha. Behind the half empty dishwasher and the open doors, drawers and cabinets is our new half finished pantry.  I'm going all Joanna Gaines on it and there will be a barn door over that opening one day.  ?

IMG_4688.JPG

Real life...the barndoor will be awesome

7 hours ago, alsoarty said:

I won't be joining you for dinnner...allergic to shrimp. But enjoy it!

Yum...I will be right over

4 hours ago, Ngaire said:

Not very exciting, but it is my new lap top which is in my craft corner in a nice warm lounge on a very dreary cold day.

Where-I-stand-Web.jpg

How lovely to be able to keep your sewing machine in one place! I had that in my previous house. Now I'm so limited for space that it's hidden away in my under-bed storage. consequently it hasn't seen the light of day for a looooooong time.

5 hours ago, mimes1 said:

IMG_4688.JPG

Now I have kitchen envy!

I just popped into the forum and spotted this photo challenge and could not resist grabbing my camera and turned around from my computer and snapped this photo which shows my craft bench ( which is on wheels ) with old photo album opened as I want to get back to scrapping some past vacations I have been on and on the wall you can see a painting my daughter did for me some years ago. 

IMG_0873.JPG

23 minutes ago, A-M said:

I just popped into the forum and spotted this photo challenge and could not resist grabbing my camera and turned around from my computer and snapped this photo which shows my craft bench ( which is on wheels ) with old photo album opened as I want to get back to scrapping some past vacations I have been on and on the wall you can see a painting my daughter did for me some years ago. 

IMG_0873.JPG

Looks like you are very busy with the table piled high with projects.

So much fun getting a peak into everyone's house.

I love my little office, it was the previous owners sun room.  So it's right off the kitchen with french doors going into it.  We took those doors off the hinges years ago because they were always open and made it seemed smaller in there.  1 wall is a sliding glass door and a window next to it, the other 2 walls are all really tall windows.  It's great, except for in the summer when it's warm in here. 

These photo challenges are so fun. It reminds me of a blog I found years ago, BSG (before Scrap Girls) that hosted a Saturday Photo Hunt. Every Saturday they would post a word ie. socks, bridge, white, whatever. Then you would have all week to take the photo and post it. I did it for a little while but I got tired of having to go to everyone's blogs and trying to find the photo that they were to link back to the blog. I also stopped blogging. This is way is better because you don't have to search a bunch of blogs.

Marilyn - Larisa is just like you. Last year when she lost her job (her first lost) she put up one of her Christmas trees to cheer herself up. She LOVES Christmas music!

Andrea - I would be sad if I was allergic to shrimp or any seafood. I could it everyday!

Amy - Love your kitchen. Hope you post a picture somewhere when you get your barn door hung. I wanted to hang one for DH'S office which is technically the dinner room. However, one side has a light switch and the other side is to close to the wall that has the front door.

Ngaire - A new laptop, lucky you!

Hilary -  I'm with Debby, what a cozy little spot for my morning coffee.

Debby - Hilary has kitchen envy. I have boat envy! I'll bet you have awesome seafood in your neck of the woods.

Anne-Marie - I love the painting your daughter did for you!

Angie - Your office sounds divine, expect the warm in the summer part.

Y'all enjoy the rest of your weekend!

I was sitting at my dinning room table when I read this challenge, so I turned around and shot this photo of my kitchen through the doorway. Notice I still have the yucky yellow above the cabinets...haven't gotten around to finishing up the painting!

IMG_9252_2.jpg.f1222c04997052899aad11e473a4aa55.jpg

1 hour ago, CRS said:

I was sitting at my dinning room table when I read this challenge, so I turned around and shot this photo of my kitchen through the doorway. Notice I still have the yucky yellow above the cabinets...haven't gotten around to finishing up the painting!

IMG_9252_2.jpg.f1222c04997052899aad11e473a4aa55.jpg

It's a cozy looking kitchen,Carla!  

1 hour ago, ladyscrapalot said:

These photo challenges are so fun. It reminds me of a blog I found years ago, BSG (before Scrap Girls) that hosted a Saturday Photo Hunt. Every Saturday they would post a word ie. socks, bridge, white, whatever. Then you would have all week to take the photo and post it. I did it for a little while but I got tired of having to go to everyone's blogs and trying to find the photo that they were to link back to the blog. I also stopped blogging. This is way is better because you don't have to search a bunch of blogs.

Marilyn - Larisa is just like you. Last year when she lost her job (her first lost) she put up one of her Christmas trees to cheer herself up. She LOVES Christmas music!

Andrea - I would be sad if I was allergic to shrimp or any seafood. I could it everyday!

Amy - Love your kitchen. Hope you post a picture somewhere when you get your barn door hung. I wanted to hang one for DH'S office which is technically the dinner room. However, one side has a light switch and the other side is to close to the wall that has the front door.

Ngaire - A new laptop, lucky you!

Hilary -  I'm with Debby, what a cozy little spot for my morning coffee.

Debby - Hilary has kitchen envy. I have boat envy! I'll bet you have awesome seafood in your neck of the woods.

Anne-Marie - I love the painting your daughter did for you!

Angie - Your office sounds divine, expect the warm in the summer part.

Y'all enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Loved reading this, Kelly - thanks for all your comments!

And, actually...  I have a clock that plays a different Christmas Carol every hour.  I have lots of Christmas things that require batteries and only for a month so when the 2014 Holiday was over I said I'm leaving the battery in the clock until it runs out.   That year it got warbly in June -- bye-bye clock until Christmas...

Christmas 2015 I left it up again and as it got to Dec 2016 I kept saying, oh watch - the battery will die right at Christmas. NOW.  HAHA, it's still playing in June 2017!   As a matter of fact, just now (10am almost - it's a bit off right now).    "Deck the Halls" just played!  It's lovely quiet music and I keep saying it makes me smile to hear christmas plus, it's right outside my room so it reminds me of the hour!   :rofl:

Now, don't even ask about the "Twelve Days of Christmas Clock" that plays the portion/number of the song for the hour.   All through the day up to noon when she sings the whole thing...   (this strange lady actually SINGS - scares you half to death every hour when she comes on.)     Even that one was too much for me, though - I took out her music battery but oops - she's still hanging in the dining room since the other clock broke..   No one's even noticed once she stopped singing..   :D 

So much fun seeing everyone's surroundings!  I'm going to post two photos, of my office where I scrap (where I am now).  On Saturday mornings, it's become my and the girls' habit to come into my office as soon as we wake up.  Last year we got rid of our defunct treadmill and dragged in the two chairs so the girls can sit in here with me while I scrap.  And this is our Saturday morning - the girls reading or on their iPads while I scrap for a few hours.  Poor DH... he's stuck out in the living room watching TV!  When I took these photos a few minutes ago, DH is making our breakfast and Karlie is doing dishes, while Laura and I languish.  :rolleyes:  We also have an elliptical machine in here that I keep threatening to use.  Maybe later today.

DSC_8036web.jpg

DSC_8034web.jpg

5 minutes ago, Mikelle said:

So much fun seeing everyone's surroundings!  I'm going to post two photos, of my office where I scrap (where I am now).  On Saturday mornings, it's become my and the girls' habit to come into my office as soon as we wake up.  Last year we got rid of our defunct treadmill and dragged in the two chairs so the girls can sit in here with me while I scrap.  And this is our Saturday morning - the girls reading or on their iPads while I scrap for a few hours.  Poor DH... he's stuck out in the living room watching TV!  When I took these photos a few minutes ago, DH is making our breakfast and Karlie is doing dishes, while Laura and I languish.  :rolleyes:  Wealso have an elliptical machine in here that I keep threatening to use.  Maybe later today.

That's so sweet, Mikelle, what a fabulous Saturday morning.   Love the great artwork on the walls, too! :) 

1 hour ago, Mikelle said:

So much fun seeing everyone's surroundings!  I'm going to post two photos, of my office where I scrap (where I am now).  On Saturday mornings, it's become my and the girls' habit to come into my office as soon as we wake up.  Last year we got rid of our defunct treadmill and dragged in the two chairs so the girls can sit in here with me while I scrap.  And this is our Saturday morning - the girls reading or on their iPads while I scrap for a few hours.  Poor DH... he's stuck out in the living room watching TV!  When I took these photos a few minutes ago, DH is making our breakfast and Karlie is doing dishes, while Laura and I languish.  :rolleyes:  We also have an elliptical machine in here that I keep threatening to use.  Maybe later today.

DSC_8036web.jpg

DSC_8034web.jpg

What a wonderful way to relax into the weekend!

Archived