What do you with old....

mimes1

Hi Everyone - I got a crazy notion today to start cleaning out my closet.  The one I've been promising to tackle for the last three summers and never have. In it,  I found three old versions of Photoshop Elements, Lightroom, and at least three empty camera bags - not to mention the old cameras. And boxes of old CD's with family photos on them that are now backed up on EHD at least two more times.  What do you all do with outdated versions of your software, old CD's and old (or lightly used) camera bags?  I can't bring myself to trash to the CD's and old software, but I kind of don't see storing them either.  I"d love to hear all your thoughts on the subject.

Coming from a pack-rat I find it hard to get rid of things too!  I did see on Goodwill here that they accept cameras, so I gave my old film DLSR there, hopefully someone found it useful!   Maybe they'd accept camera bags, too?

Got me there with the CDs with family photos.  I still have all my Mom's, her Mom's, etc photos in albums here, unscanned.    She was a huge videographer and taped every family event and then some.  She later put the VHS on DVD's, but I too don't know what to do with it all and I'm wary of throwing out.....  I did give specific people/famliies their own tapes, but past that.............

Gosh, we even have our 8mm home movies from when babies - even though some of them are in VHS and then DVD (home done).   What to do???

I have old versions of Photoshop Elements in my closet, old cd's of scrapping supplies that I think are on my EHD but not sure. Need to check those out. I have a couple of old cameras that I would like to get rid of that I don't use. And several plastic bins of photos under my bed that need to be scanned onto my computer. What should I do with the negatives?

Does anyone know what to do with old, but still in good shape, stuffed animals?

Ohhhhh... Negatives are hard, now you reminded me I have some of those too.   :(

Carol, stuffed animals are hard; I've found most places like schools, etc won't accept them.    Once in a while someplace does but usually not. 

All those camera bags and old software made it to a laundry basket on the bedroom floor.  One step at a time I guess!!

Stuffed animals are hard. In the past I have given them to Goodwill. One time I gave away a bag for a couple of bucks at our garage sale. 

My dad never ever threw away a slide or negative.  At my moms house we have dozens and dozens and dozens of cigar boxes filled with slides.  And we have another ten or so 30 gallon tubs here with Marks Dads photos, albums, slides and negatives. One day we'll get them all sorted out. 

I had a thought about those CDs of family photos.  April stores a backup hard drive in her safe deposit box.  It's not a bad idea to have a set at someone else's house.

We have boxes and boxes of my dad's slides to deal with someday, too.

It's too bad we can't have a Scrap Girls swap meet!

Archived