SodScrap

Newsletter Challenge June 12th

22 posts in this topic

We are celebrating Father's Day in the United States Sunday.  This week's challenge is to create a layout celebrating your father figure.  Your father or grandfather.  The father of your children or all of them!

Share a link to your favorite masculine product(s) in the boutique so we can all see. 

Please post your layout in the
Newsletter Challenge Gallery and post a link back in this thread.  

I'm still a little unsettled on my layout.  I'm going out on m walk and hope some inspiration will follow. ;)

I did not use a "masculine" collection on my layout as I took color cue from a flag t-shirt.  One of my favorite masculine collections is Brandy's Junk In The Trunk all the coordinating products.

Let's see your favorite kit to use when scrapping your Father or Hubby.  I will pick a winner on Sunday morning and you'll receive that kit!

I think the photographer side of me makes me a little partial to the Manmade Collection

BMU_Manmade_Collection_MKTG_600.jpg

With all the camping and hiking that we like to do, I'm attracted to Brandy Murry's Outdoor Dad

58 minutes ago, Bride said:

With all the camping and hiking that we like to do, I'm attracted to Brandy Murry's Outdoor Dad

This is also a favorite of mine!

2 hours ago, angleigh said:

Let's see your favorite kit to use when scrapping your Father or Hubby.  I will pick a winner on Sunday morning and you'll receive that kit!

I think the photographer side of me makes me a little partial to the Manmade Collection

BMU_Manmade_Collection_MKTG_600.jpg

I really think I have this in my stash...I will have to look because if I don't, it is going STRAIGHT in my cart.

13 minutes ago, Dady said:

My page Dad

With WorldsBestDad de Ginny Whitcomb (a kit that I like a lot)

Oh....great choice-I love this kit!!

Lovely layout!

I found this great masculine  kit in the store which would be great for photos of my very handyman husband.

SDE_DadsTools_CollectionBiggie.jpg 

My dad wasn't a tool kinda guy, but boy could he fish! I have a couple of those collections already, but Dad's Tackle Box caught my eye! Some of the word art reminds me of the 45 pound catfish he caught one summer when I was a kid. :)

Here's 
My Dad

I was looking through the "Men & Father's Day" section of the Boutique and found Ginnys "GWH Softly Spoken" Collection Biggie.  It seemed funny at first, but I could see me doing my page with it, my Dad was a gentleman and softly spoken and my photo had a pinkish tint to it!  

I forgot to use a masculine collection for this; I was just trying to get a background that looked good with the earth brown and the golden light in the photo.  I primarily used Cherise Oleson's Inspiring collection for this LO...

Natural Bridge Caverns

Congrats to Becky!  Your the winner of the kit, I'll be sending that to you very soon

Congratulations Becky!  That's a great collection and now you can scrap your Dad with a fishing collection. :) 

4 hours ago, angleigh said:

Congrats to Becky!  Your the winner of the kit, I'll be sending that to you very soon

Oh my gosh! Thank you sooo much! Now I need to find those monster catfish photos of my dad! :D

17 hours ago, Becster said:

Oh my gosh! Thank you sooo much! Now I need to find those monster catfish photos of my dad! :D

Congratulations!!!

On 6/17/2017 at 10:32 PM, Mikelle said:

I forgot to use a masculine collection for this; I was just trying to get a background that looked good with the earth brown and the golden light in the photo.  I primarily used Cherise Oleson's Inspiring collection for this LO...

Natural Bridge Caverns

Michelle you did not need to use a masculine collection.  We were just discussing favorites for fun!

On 6/18/2017 at 2:28 PM, Becster said:

Congratulions, Becky! Can't wait to see that layout!