6/23 Photo Challenge

angleigh

If I had seen this earlier, I would have taken a photo of my lunch out with a friend of mine.  We had two great sandwiches - half of each and they were so good!   I do have the second half I brought home, I'll take a photo of it.   Then we had ice cream, unfortunately all gone... :) 

So, this is my take-home from yesterday's lunch.  It is breaded eggplant, fresh mozzarella, roasted peppers, arugula and balsamic on Italian bread.   My friend and I ordered and split it and did the same with another sandwich but we both finished those halves.   It sounded strange but was amazingly good: breaded shrimp, broccoli and fresh mozzarella on an Italian roll.   There was some sort of light dressing but I don't remember what it was.  Sure wish I had a photo of that one! :) 

IMG_1149.jpg

14 hours ago, CRS said:

We tried Papa Murphy's once, it was good! Since we've already had dinner, I'll have to keep my eyes open for food tonight and tomorrow!

I love Papa Murphy's, pretty cheap and you can cook it whenever you'd like.  Which living out here where there's not much around is great.  I can get it when I go to the store and fix it later

7 hours ago, scrapgran said:

David had been raving over how great Tim Horton's coffee was so on our first day in Canada we had to have a coffee at Tim Horton's. I was not impressed but the muffin tasted pretty good.

IMG_20170506_104059.jpg

Yeah, i'm not a coffee drinker..but that muffin does look good.  Is that marshmallow on it?

47 minutes ago, MariJ said:

So, this is my take-home from yesterday's lunch.  It is breaded eggplant, fresh mozzarella, roasted peppers, arugula and balsamic on Italian bread.   My friend and I ordered and split it and did the same with another sandwich but we both finished those halves.   It sounded strange but was amazingly good: breaded shrimp, broccoli and fresh mozzarella on an Italian roll.   There was some sort of light dressing but I don't remember what it was.  Sure wish I had a photo of that one! :) 

IMG_1149.jpg

Does sound interesting, but also delicious

28 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

This topic is right up my alley! :lol: I have food photos galore!!
This dessert isn't from last night; it's from about a week ago when we were in Amsterdam. I ordered ice cream and this is what they brought. Can you believe it?

Amsterdam ice cream.jpg

That is so pretty...almost looks too pretty to eat.

Right after I read this post last night, Lauren came in the room with a bowl of ice cream, with tons of chocolate sauce and sprinkles. I'll post the pic when I load my photos onto my ehd from my camera this afternoon.

We went for afternoon tea at a local restaurant - a treat we have been promising ourselves for some time. This is what we were served - 4 sorts of sandwiches, cheese scones, fruit scones with jam and cream and 4 different desserts. Fortunately a doggie bag was provided for those things we couldn't eat. Everything was absolutely delicious.

afternoontea.jpg

1 hour ago, englishrose said:

We went for afternoon tea at a local restaurant - a treat we have been promising ourselves for some time. This is what we were served - 4 sorts of sandwiches, cheese scones, fruit scones with jam and cream and 4 different desserts. Fortunately a doggie bag was provided for those things we couldn't eat. Everything was absolutely delicious.

afternoontea.jpg

Oh, YUM! I'd want it all, but would need the doggie bag.

2 hours ago, englishrose said:

afternoontea.jpg

Oh this is lovely Hilary and made me think of my Mom who loved tea and going for afternoon tea, not as prevelant around here.  I think we once said that your Mum liked tea, too?   I enjoyed the memories from this and wow, that tea looks yummy.   :) 

9 hours ago, Florida granny said:

This dessert isn't from last night; it's from about a week ago when we were in Amsterdam. I ordered ice cream and this is what they brought. Can you believe it?

Oh my this does look like you diane and it's so pretty and yummy looking...

4 hours ago, CRS said:

Here is Lauren with her ice cream last night.

Girls after my own heart, Brooke and the Fairy House and Lauren and her ice cream, I might have to come live at your house Carla! :D

Everyone's food photos look so yummy, I'm just home from a gorgeous day at the pool and ready for dinner - I'm getting hungrier by the moment! :) 

3 hours ago, englishrose said:

afternoontea.jpg

Yum!

I'm going to try to post these from my iPad, but I have no idea what size they will be.  Just going to brag on my DH - he made comfort food for me tonight for dinner.  A grilled cheese sandwich with melted crisped cheese on the outside, and chicken tortilla soup.  He has a culinary degree from long ago that he never really did anything with, but I benefit from it.  Except, when we were first married, he'd put mayonnaise on the grilled cheese he made for me.  I quickly nixed that.  Yuk!!!

IMG_0398.JPG

IMG_0399.JPG

9 minutes ago, Mikelle said:

I'm going to try to post these from my iPad, but I have no idea what size they will be.  Just going to brag on my DH - he made comfort food for me tonight for dinner.  A grilled cheese sandwich with melted crisped cheese on the outside, and chicken tortilla soup.  He has a culinary degree from long ago that he never really did anything with, but I benefit from it.  Except, when we were first married, he'd put mayonnaise on the grilled cheese he made for me.  I quickly nixed that.  Yuk!!!

Great photos Mikelle and nice to see the Chef, too.   (I ditto yuck on the mayo!) :) 

On 6/24/2017 at 7:55 AM, Florida granny said:

Amsterdam ice cream.jpg

This is layout-worthy!  So pretty!

Archived