Meet the Designers: "Here's DRB Designs!"

MariJ

This week, we want to celebrate our designers, so we’ve asked each of them five short questions to help you get to know them a little better. 

But wait! What’s a celebration without prizes? After you “meet” our designer below, head on over and browse through her store and pick your favorite collection or item.
Then come back to this thread and post a link to the item or the product preview (while on the product page, right-click and choose "copy image" to save the image).
Tell us what you would scrap with the item or what you love about it.

On Wednesday 6/28 ET we will come back to this thread and choose one lucky person who will win the item of their choice from DRB Design's store!

But, first - get to know Darryl, otherwise known as DRB Designs!

DRB Designs

How long have you been designing?
I learned how to use Photoshop when I returned to school seeking a career in graphic design in 1998. Back then, I worked full time for our city’s newspaper and started digi-scrapping on the side. Today, I just digi-scrap and design T-shirts. (Lucky me!)

What is your favorite item to design?
Word art! I've always loved combining photos and words, but often struggle to journal on my own layouts. I wonder if others have the same problem. I hope by creating word art, it helps to get some words on the page.

Where do you get your inspiration?
Color is what really ties my collections together, but just about anything can inspire me. Often, I think about what kinds of photos people might want to make a layout about and go from there.

If you could visit one place, where would it be?
I would love to go to London during Victorian times and see what it was really like. But then I'd want to come back home to my air conditioning and WiFi. :)

If you could be a superhero, what would your superpower be?
If I were a superhero, my superpower would have to be flying. I dream about flying all the time. I bet it would be awesome!

Nice to meet you, Darryl!  Now, head on over to DRB Design's Store to find your favorite product.  
Don't forget to come back to this thread and follow the directions in the first post above!

This was very difficult decision as there are way way too many nice products in DRB Designs store.

But this one caught  my eye to use for my bird photos that I am always taking:

DRB_Just-the-Way_Collect-Biggie_MKTG_600.jpg

10 minutes ago, A-M said:

This was very difficult decision as there are way way too many nice products in DRB Designs store.

That's so pretty, Anne Marie and my goodness, I've never noticed it before! :) 

Too many favorite designs to choose from, but this is a recent fav of mine for the text paper rose and the gorgeous alpha. I'm also thinking of printing the large floral print and framing it as-is in a room in my house!

DRB_Nostalgic-Moments_Collection_MKTG-60

So interesting to hear that you like to create Word Art, Darryl...I struggle with it when I try to make my own. So much easier to use your creations, lol!

I love paper templates, so I would chose these:

DRB_SS-PT_Layered-Mosaics_MKTG-600.jpg

56 minutes ago, Cheri T said:

Too many favorite designs to choose from, but this is a recent fav of mine for the text paper rose and the gorgeous alpha. I'm also thinking of printing the large floral print and framing it as-is in a room in my house!

DRB_Nostalgic-Moments_Collection_MKTG-60

What a great alpha!

1 hour ago, angleigh said:

I LOVE Darryl's kits I think it's her color combo's she chooses.  This one is coming out this week and is one of my favorites

DRB_Roughing-It_Value-Pack_MKTG-600-02.jpg

Oh, I totally agree about her colors! And that new kit? Eek!!! Love it!

20 hours ago, A-M said:

Thank you for your kind words! I would love to see your bird photos and scrapbook layouts. :) 

3 hours ago, GinnyW said:

who can resist a collection that includes shoes?  I mean really!  I love it! :)  Think the hubby would much prefer I spend $$ on this type of shoes!

I Love Shoes Collection Super Mini

Thank you Ginny! My husband would agree with you! ;)

4 hours ago, elibar said:

Talking about a collection built around a color scheme, I love Darryl's Cobalt and Gold! I just adore the sweet little lockets.

Cobalt and Gold Collection | by DRB Designs @ ScrapGirls.com

Thanks Elisha! Yes, this one was literally designed around the color scheme. :) It started with the blue anenome flowers and grew from there. 

6 hours ago, Florida granny said:

It was so much fun to go through DRB's store! I could pick lots of favorites but settled on the Distressed Floral Overlays because they would be perfect for so many pages. Now I look forward to Set Two. :) 

ScrapSimple Paper Templates: Distressed Floral Overlays by DRB Designs | ScrapGirls.com

Love, love, love these overlays! They are as good as it gets!

6 hours ago, Florida granny said:

What a great alpha!

9 hours ago, SodScrap said:

So many lovely designs!!!  

I have this value pack and LOVE IT ALL!!  (ahem...I have not used it yet...note to self, do this very soon!!)

Value Pack: Girl Power

Thank you so much - I would LOVE to see your work when you do use it! :)

Archived