Meet the Designers: "Hello to Jennifer Ziegler!"

MariJ

This week, we want to celebrate our designers, so we’ve asked each of them five short questions to help you get to know them a little better. 

But wait! What’s a celebration without prizes? After you “meet” our designer below, head on over and browse through her store and pick your favorite collection or item.
Then come back to this thread and post a link to the item or the product preview (while on the product page, right-click and choose "copy image" to save the image).
Tell us what you would scrap with the item or what you love about it.

On Wednesday 6/28 ET we will come back to this thread and choose one lucky person who will win the item of their choice from Jennifer Ziegler's store!

But, first - get to know Jennifer Ziegler!

Jennifer Ziegler

How long have you been designing?
Since 2010. I started with a digital scrapbooking eZine and selling at a (now-defunct) small shop. But my real designing started in 2012 when I joined the Scrap Girls team!

What is your favorite item to design?
Papers are the most fun, for sure! The most difficult thing for me to design is word art, but I feel a great sense of satisfaction and accomplishment when I am able to find a concept to work with and to work around.

Where do you get your inspiration?
Landscape and nature photography are great places for color inspiration; interior design catalogs and fashion are great places for pattern inspiration; and Pinterest is always good for concepts -- like "rustic winter" or "’60s bohemian."

If you could visit one place, where would it be?
Definitely the Scottish Highlands! I love the history, the culture, the whisky, the landscape, and the language.

If you could be a superhero, what would your superpower be?
I am a mom, so I already have superpowers!

What is your favorite pastime?
In my free time, you will find me training in aikijutsu and classical Japanese swordsmanship at Itten Dojo, where I have been a member since 2008.

Nice to meet you, Jennifer!  Now, head on over to Jennifer's Store to find your favorite product.  
Don't forget to come back to this thread and follow the directions in the first post above!

This is not fair.... I keep seeing  so many products I would like to own.

This collection caught my eye with having a Son-in-law who loves to surf and is teaching his oldest daughter to surf I could see this being something I may need for my stash.

JZI_Surfside_Collection_MKTG.jpg

You have such vibrant and alive looking kits Jennifer. Browsing through your store I spied this kit which I think would be very useful for my two little Grandsons. Love that stitched alfa you have in there.

Derby Collection Biggie, a collaboration by Jennifer Ziegler and Laurel Lakey

16 hours ago, A-M said:

This collection caught my eye with having a Son-in-law who loves to surf and is teaching his oldest daughter to surf I could see this being something I may need for my stash.

When I made this, I had my brother-in-law in mind. He is big into surfing, too!

14 hours ago, scrapgran said:

I already have several of Jennifer's products but the For Spacious Skies Collection would be great as we saw lots of thes wildlife creatures on our recent. I have lots to scrap using this collection.

image.jpeg

This was inspired by a trip I took to Montana and Wyoming. It is SO beautiful there. The scenic papers in this collection are built on photos I took on that trip.

13 hours ago, englishrose said:

I could definitely use the Pub Collection! there's nothing nicer than sitting in the garden on an English pub on a summers evening. I have plenty of photos of the family doing just that!

JZI_Pub_Collection_MKTG600.jpg

Aaaaaah...that sounds like a great way to spend a few hours! One of my favorite beers is a local brew called "Watergap Wheat."

11 hours ago, Ngaire said:

You have such vibrant and alive looking kits Jennifer. Browsing through your store I spied this kit which I think would be very useful for my two little Grandsons. Love that stitched alfa you have in there.

Derby Collection Biggie, a collaboration by Jennifer Ziegler and Laurel Lakey

This kit was made in collaboration with a (now retired) designer. It was so fun to create! My nephew and his Scout Troop do a Pinewood derby every year, and he was on my mind as I was creating this.

7 hours ago, angleigh said:

This is probably one of my favorites of Jennifer's.  I just LOVE the patterns and colors in this one

JZI_SummerBreeze_CollBiggie_MKTG.jpg

Thanks, Angie! I have you to thank for the inspiration! :)

7 hours ago, AmandaFace said:

Oh I'd love to visit the Highlands too! Take me! ;)

Those men could talk to me all day with that Scottish burr...*sigh*

7 hours ago, SodScrap said:

Oh these are hard!  I love all of Jennifer's collections!!  So I chose the product that I have used the most recently.  

ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Lens Haze & Flare

I was looking through some old photos when I saw one with a natural lens flare, thought, "I wonder if I could make some shots just look like that." And these were born! :)

7 hours ago, Florida granny said:

It's so great to learn more about you, Jennifer! I'm choosing these Out Of Bounds frames because they are so easy to use (thanks to the way Jennifer named the layers) and they always make the photos look fabulous. Thanks, Jennifer!

ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates - Out of Bounds Frames

You are welcome! I love making these and I love the way they can change the whole feel of a photo.

6 hours ago, Dady said:

Jennifer, I like very much your products, particularly Angler whom I used of numerous times!
Flights of Fancy pleases me a lot
JZI_FlightsOfFancy_CollectionBiggie_MKTG

Thank you! This collection has a special place in my heart, because it was released as part of my very first ScrapGirls Club.

5 hours ago, CRS said:

I have so many of Jennifer's collections, that, like Conda, I went with the one that I've used most recently!

JZI_Mojave_CollectionBiggie_MKTG.jpg

This theme was hard to pull together into a cohesive product, but once I hit the mark it all came together very quickly.

5 hours ago, Cheri T said:

Jennifer's store is so chalk full of my favorite kits I could never choose, but since you're forcing me to (LOL), I do love a good woodland kit!

JZI_CampfireSongs_Collection_MKTG.jpg

Aw...thanks, Cheri! I love outdoors-y kits. And with active kids, it's easy to find inspiration!

18 hours ago, A-M said:

Oh yes, I love this collection as well.

2 hours ago, JenniferZ said:

When I made this, I had my brother-in-law in mind. He is big into surfing, too!

I adore this kit too! Living so close to a LOT of surfing beaches, and having two men in the family who adore surfing, it's a PERFECT kit!

3 hours ago, JenniferZ said:

This was inspired by a trip I took to Montana and Wyoming. It is SO beautiful there. The scenic papers in this collection are built on photos I took on that trip.

Oh, no wonder!  I bought this collection back aways to use with my photos from the Grand Tetons in WY!  

And, I'm enjoying what you are sharing about your creation of the collections, Jennifer. :) 

Archived