Meet the Designers: Get to know Brandy Murry

April Showers

This week, we want to celebrate our designers, so we’ve asked each of them five short questions to help you get to know them a little better. 

But wait! What’s a celebration without prizes? After you “meet” our designer below, head on over and browse through her store and pick your favorite collection or item.
Then come back to this thread and post a link to the item or the product preview (while on the product page, right-click and choose "copy image" to save the image).
Tell us what you would scrap with the item or what you love about it.

On Thursday 6/29 ET we will come back to this thread and choose one lucky person who will win the item of their choice from Brandy's store!

But, first - get to know Brandy!

Brandy Murry

How long have you been designing?
Eleven years.

What is your favorite item to design?
I love to design papers and layout templates.

Where do you get your inspiration?
Most of my inspiration comes from interior design.

If you could visit one place, where would it be?
Tahiti

If not designing, what is your favorite pastime.
Reading

Nice to meet you, Brandy!  Now, head on over to Brandy's Store and find your favorite product.  
Don't forget to come back to this thread and follow the directions in the first post above!

For many years I have enjoyed purchasing Brandy's products, especially brushes and I found this set that I do not already own and would like to own:

BMU_DynBrushSet_ScatterBorders_MKTG.jpg

Oh Brandy your products are always so beautiful! And your kits are just full to overflowing with goodness!!!
I found this kit that I don't have but think would be such a useful guy kit. I have also loved watching your niece and nephew growing up through your pages and kits. Keep up the awesome work!!

Outdoor Dad Collection Biggie

This is hard, because who doesn't love themselves some Brandy?  We all know her kits are amazing..but something else I love are her embellishment templates.  These frames are so cool and make a layout come alive so easy.

BMU_SSEMB_SFC_MKTG_600.jpg

1 hour ago, angleigh said:

And to add to the excitement of talking about Brandy...she's got a new kit for us this week.  I'll share a peek with you

BMU_Verde_Collection_MKTG.jpg

Oh my goodness!  I saw this and thought, "How come I've never seen this?!!!"

Now I know why, can't wait to see it to buy! :) 

I also have been a fan of Brandy's for YEARS!  I think she was one of the reasons I fell in love with ScrapGirls and it became my favorite store! I actually have a lot of her kits so it was fun to fine one that I haven't got yet!

BMU_HallowsEve_Collection_MKTG_600.jpg

Thanks for the sneak peek; I can't wait until Friday!

I love all of Brandy's products. It's like she can read my mind when it comes to scrapping. I love how all the products in her kits coordinate with each other so that they are so easy to use. Also, her alphas are always creative and beautiful. Lately I like how she is combining color embellishments with sketched embellishments.  I would pick this month's Scrap Girls Club but it's hard to copy into the space here, so I'll pick her previous collection: Eve.

Eve Collection Biggie by Brandy Murry

I adore Brandy's work and have almost (not quite but almost!) everything she has produced for SG. One I don't have but have been eyeing (besides the one not yet available in the store) is Eve. Love the blues and browns together.

9 hours ago, Dady said:

I love all the products of Brandy Murry and especially Anchor, the colors are perfect to scrap my photos!

BMU_Anchors_VP_MKTG.jpg

Thank you!!  I haven't played with this one in a long time, thanks for the reminder! I need to scrap Lilly tipping the canoe with her Dad and brother in it...too funny except Chris lost is iphone on the bottom of the lake!

Just now, Brandy M said:

Thank you!!  I haven't played with this one in a long time, thanks for the reminder! I need to scrap Lilly tipping the canoe with her Dad and brother in it...too funny except Chris lost is iphone on the bottom of the lake!

9 hours ago, A-M said:

For many years I have enjoyed purchasing Brandy's products, especially brushes and I found this set that I do not already own and would like to own:

BMU_DynBrushSet_ScatterBorders_MKTG.jpg

Thank you Anne Marie, sometimes the simple things are the most used. I used that dotted line a lot! ;)

7 hours ago, angleigh said:

This is hard, because who doesn't love themselves some Brandy?  We all know her kits are amazing..but something else I love are her embellishment templates.  These frames are so cool and make a layout come alive so easy.

BMU_SSEMB_SFC_MKTG_600.jpg

Aww thanks Ang!

6 hours ago, GinnyW said:

To try and pick one is torture!  But the kit I have loved for ever and a day is the designer duo Summer Cottage.  Love the palette and the content.  This collection just makes me happy :)

SG_ValuePack_SummerCottage_MKTG_600.jpg

This was the one of 2 collaborations I've ever done. This one with Miss Angie. It was fun working together.

6 hours ago, MariJ said:

Oh my goodness!  I saw this and thought, "How come I've never seen this?!!!"

Now I know why, can't wait to see it to buy! :) 

LOL... Angie leaked it! I am so glad you like it. I am into green at the moment. Greenery is Pantone's color of the year and I am seeing it everywhere.

4 hours ago, JenniferZ said:

Well, this is ridiculously hard! :) All of Brandy's products are amazing, but I'm always drawn back to:
BMU_Primavera_Collection_MKTG_600.jpg

Thank you Miss Jenn! For some reason everytime I use this kit, layouts just come together so easy. I think it is all the layering parts, I am sure glad you like it too!

Ya'll are so sweet!

4 hours ago, LaLo1103 said:

I also have been a fan of Brandy's for YEARS!  I think she was one of the reasons I fell in love with ScrapGirls and it became my favorite store! I actually have a lot of her kits so it was fun to fine one that I haven't got yet!

BMU_HallowsEve_Collection_MKTG_600.jpg

That was really nice to say Laura, Thank you!  Funny you bring Halloween up, I was just researching some ideas for Halloween for this year.

1 hour ago, Bride said:

I adore Brandy's work and have almost (not quite but almost!) everything she has produced for SG. One I don't have but have been eyeing (besides the one not yet available in the store) is Eve. Love the blues and browns together.

I told Angie when I put this in the store, I wasn't sure how it would go over since I started it last fall! But with the new full time design job, plus clubs, it kept getting pushed back. So it didn't get released until the spring. It's kinda nice to know it was OK with you ladies to do that. I love me some navy blue though.. anytime of year.

1 hour ago, scrapperbess said:

Always loved the "Shabby Chic" collection.  Now that I have granddaughters in dance, this is the perfect kit for scrapping their dance recitals.

Shabby Chic Collection Biggie

Wow you dove into the archives! I remember making this kit when my niece & nephew (twins) were just babies. I so go glad you are putting to good use with your grand daughters! That makes my day.

43 minutes ago, Marie-Christine said:

This is  difficult to choose one,I always feel inspired by all her designs 

Bold & Beautiful Collection I think has an element of daring and inspiring to use creativity just outside the box.

Bold & Beautiful Collection Biggie

Thanks Marie, I think I was looking to do something way way different than I usually do. And low and behold one of the layout samples for this collection was included in Somerset Memories Magazine. So I guess you are right, it is good to step outside the box sometimes.

Brandy, my dear! I can't possibly pick a favorite collection. Your designs are amongst where I go to for inspiration. So many of your items end up in my own pages. But what I can't live without is Dynamic Brush Set: Background Blenders. They stay permanently loaded in my brushes palette!

Dynamic Brush Set: Background Blenders  Commercial License

1 hour ago, elibar said:

Brandy, my dear! I can't possibly pick a favorite collection. Your designs are amongst where I go to for inspiration. So many of your items end up in my own pages. But what I can't live without is Dynamic Brush Set: Background Blenders. They stay permanently loaded in my brushes palette!

Dynamic Brush Set: Background Blenders  Commercial License

Wow that is so sweet...Thanks Elisha!  <3

I remember when Brandy made the move from LO Artist to Designer! I don't think there is a single creation that I haven't loved of Brandy's, so I went with the most recently used one again...a bit older of a collection but one of my go-tos!

BMU_Botanical_Collection_MKTG_600.jpg

How can we possibly pick a favorite of Brandy's?  The ones I use the most are the Background Blenders and Shabby Chic.

I use the BG Blenders dynamic brushes to erase parts of papers when I blend them.

BMU_DynBrush_BGBlenders_MKTG_600.jpg

7 hours ago, Brandy M said:

I told Angie when I put this in the store, I wasn't sure how it would go over since I started it last fall! But with the new full time design job, plus clubs, it kept getting pushed back. So it didn't get released until the spring. It's kinda nice to know it was OK with you ladies to do that. I love me some navy blue though.. anytime of year.

So funny to read this Brandy because don't forget when it's Fall in our Hemisphere, our Down-under scrappers are in Spring!  SO, it's always Spring or Fall somewhere on SGs!  

Archived