Meet the Designers: Meet Ginny Whitcomb

April Showers

This week, we want to celebrate our designers, so we’ve asked each of them five short questions to help you get to know them a little better. 

But wait! What’s a celebration without prizes? After you “meet” our designer below, head on over and browse through her store and pick your favorite collection or item.
Then come back to this thread and post a link to the item or the product preview (while on the product page, right-click and choose "copy image" to save the image).
Tell us what you would scrap with the item or what you love about it.

On Thursday 6/29 ET we will come back to this thread and choose one lucky person who will win the item of their choice from Ginny's store!

But, first - get to know Ginny!

•  

Ginny Whitcomb

How long have you been designing?
It will be five years in October 2017.

What is your favorite item to design?
Hands-down, embellishments are my favorite thing to design, although I'm loving papers more and more.

Where do you get your inspiration?
So many places! Pinterest, old photographs and albums, magazines, commercials, local auctions, estates sales, and antique stores in our area, and things that happen in my daily life with family. 

If you could visit one place, where would it be?
I would love-love-love to go to Italy.

If you could be a superhero, what would your superpower be?
Definitely moving at the speed of light... boy, would my house get cleaned fast, and it would leave more time for the things I truly enjoy doing.

Nice to meet you, Ginny!  Now, head on over to Ginny's store and find your favorite product.  
Don't forget to come back to this thread and follow the directions in the first post above!

Ginny has such lovely delicate themed kits and this one I can see myself using for photos about my mother whose favourite colour was pink. I still have lots of her photos I would like to create pages for.

GWH_AlwaysForever_Mktg.jpg

Hello Everyone!  Thanks for popping into my little corner of the forum.  I’m looking forward to getting to know all of you a little better too! :) I hope you all are enjoying the Sale-aBration as much as I am.  Before you hop off to another thread, or into the gallery, please click the link below for a little gift I have created for you.  It coordinates with the new collection I have designed that will be available in the store this Friday.  I hope you enjoy!

Gift For You

It has been so much fun watching Ginny's design style change over the years.  This will always be my favorite kit from her, as this is the kit (to me) where her design style really all came together.  I can't wait to see what else Ginny has in store (get the pun there..lol) for us

GWH_Collection_PackYourBags_MKTG-600.jpg

Thank you for the gift Ginny!  I love Ginny's soft designs and I was so amazed (impressed!) to read she hand paints many of them.
Looking through her store, so many I like and have, but this is a favorite I've used many times - including for a Motivators chart one month!

"Grown with Love"

GWH_GrownWithLove_Col_MKTG600.jpg

This is my go-to for anything food related...from Christmas cookies to recipe cards!

GWH_GrandmasKitchen_ValuePack_MKTG600.jpg

But I LOVE this one for the holidays:

GWH_Collection_NorthPoleFriends_MKTG600.jpg

Thank you for the gift, Ginny! Can't wait until Friday now....!

12 hours ago, A-M said:

Ginny has such lovely delicate themed kits and this one I can see myself using for photos about my mother whose favourite colour was pink. I still have lots of her photos I would like to create pages for.

GWH_AlwaysForever_Mktg.jpg

Thank You Anne-Marie.  This has always been a favorite of mine too.  I designed it in the fall but wanted to have some soft colors that would work with multiple seasons and a variety of photos. 

12 hours ago, Dady said:

I like the products of Ginny and I like its templates, this one for example

GWH_SSDLOT_JustBlendIt1_Mktg.jpg

Thank You Dady.  Ohhh my first try at doing layout templates and experimenting with multiple blending layers.  I hope you have fun with these :)

9 hours ago, angleigh said:

It has been so much fun watching Ginny's design style change over the years.  This will always be my favorite kit from her, as this is the kit (to me) where her design style really all came together.  I can't wait to see what else Ginny has in store (get the pun there..lol) for us

GWH_Collection_PackYourBags_MKTG-600.jpg

LOL, If I remember right Ang I pestered the dickens out of you while designing this collection and you were sooo patient with me!  (hmmm guess much hasn't really changed huh :)  )  Of course my favorite part was the embs, had so much fun designing those.

9 hours ago, MariJ said:

Thank you for the gift Ginny!  I love Ginny's soft designs and I was so amazed (impressed!) to read she hand paints many of them.
Looking through her store, so many I like and have, but this is a favorite I've used many times - including for a Motivators chart one month!

"Grown with Love"

GWH_GrownWithLove_Col_MKTG600.jpg

5 hours ago, Florida granny said:

Thank you so much, Ginny, for the freebie. Wow, it's gorgeous! I can't wait to see your new collection. I find myself using Ginny's products frequently but, lately it seems I'm using Grown With Love a lot so I'll pick that.

Grown With Love Collection

4 hours ago, scrapperbess said:

I have a few of Ginny's kits and love working with them.  It is hard to choose which kit since I like so many.  I finally settled on "Grown With Love."  It is so cheery, and reminds me of Bella and Evie, my youngest grandchildren.

Grown With Love Collection

Thank You Ladies!  I love this kit too...the little girl, sunflower and canary have always been some of my favorite painted pieces.

8 hours ago, SodScrap said:

Thank you Ginny!!  Emma loves llamas...this collection is adorable!  

Llama Love Collection Mini

Thanks Conda! My grand daughter inspired this llama kit :)  She has been on a llama love fest for a couple months and when she received new llama pjs I just couldn't resist creating a kit just for her.

7 hours ago, LaLo1103 said:

Ginny has a lot of great of creations in her store!  This is one I have used frequently on layouts for my boys!  

GWH_Collection_TimeToRAWR_MKTG-600.jpg

Thanks so much! I haven't played with this kit in ages, but I have always loved it.  Joyce Schardt had asked me to create a dino kit for her grandson and I really enjoyed my little journey into the prehistoric age with this kit. 

4 hours ago, Bride said:

Wow, Ginny! Thank you so much for that beautiful gift ... Love it!! I love Ginny's style and have many of her collections. One I don't have is Through His Eyes

Through His Eyes Embellishment Biggie

Thank you Lei :)  This kit holds many precious memories for me.  The majority of items in this collection are items that belonged to my father and father-in-law.  Every time I see a piece used in a layout it brings a smile to my face.

2 hours ago, Marie-Christine said:

Hi Ginny, thank you so much for the wonderful gift, so pretty. Love templates and this is one that I would add to my supplies.

ScrapSimple Paper Templates:  Just Blend It Vol. 4 - Page Dividers

Thank You Marie-Christine.  My experiment with blending continues lol... I love blending papers, I hope you have lots of fun with these.

28 minutes ago, CRS said:

This is my go-to for anything food related...from Christmas cookies to recipe cards!

GWH_GrandmasKitchen_ValuePack_MKTG600.jpg

But I LOVE this one for the holidays:

GWH_Collection_NorthPoleFriends_MKTG600.jpg

Thank you for the gift, Ginny! Can't wait until Friday now....!

Thanks Carla!   I remember the wonderful Christmas project you made with this kit!  So now I'm hungry for Christmas cookies :)

2 hours ago, GinnyW said:

Thanks Conda! My grand daughter inspired this llama kit :)  She has been on a llama love fest for a couple months and when she received new llama pjs I just couldn't resist creating a kit just for her.

Emma has llama sleep pants!!!!

Archived