Meet The Designers: Carolyn Kite

CRS

This week, we want to celebrate our designers, so we’ve asked each of them five short questions to help you get to know them a little better. 

But wait! What’s a celebration without prizes? After you “meet” our designer below, head on over and browse through her store and pick your favorite collection or item.
Then come back to this thread and post a link to the item or the product preview (while on the product page, right-click and choose "copy image" to save the image).
Tell us what you would scrap with the item or what you love about it.

On Friday, 6/30 we will come back to this thread and choose one lucky person who will win the item of their choice from Carolyn's Store!

But, first - get to know Carolyn!

Carolyn Kite

How long have you been designing?
I started designing freebies in August 2007 and joined my first store in November that year.

What is your favorite item to design?
I am addicted to papers. I always design the papers for a new collection first, then move on to the other items.

Where do you get your inspiration?
l get my inspiration from many different places: Pinterest (for colors), fabrics (for textures and patterns), furniture catalogs (ideas for textures, patterns, and colors) and life events/everyday life for themes.

If you could visit one place, where would it be?
Scotland. I am in love with that country - and the accent is pretty adorable, too.

If not designing, what is your favorite pastime?
When I'm not designing, I am a full-time caregiver for my elderly mother.

If you could be a superhero, what would your superpower be?
It would be one that would either make me more productive with my time management or one that could give me more time each day.

Nice to meet you, Carolyn!  Now, head on over to Carolyn's store and find your favorite product.  
Don't forget to come back to this thread and follow the directions in the first post above!

Carolyn has some lovely products. I thought this collection would be good to add to my stash as you can never have too many Christmas themed kits.

CKI_MyWIsh_CollectionBiggie_MKT600.jpg

Carolyn is  new to me, so it's great to learn more about her. I enjoyed browsing her shop and found much that  I need to add to my stash. Yep, "need." :) I picked this for my favorite because  that garland looks fabulous and all the pieces look like they will work together beautifully to make great pages.

ValuePack_MyWish_MKT600.jpg

12 hours ago, CRS said:

I use the papers in this value pack all the time...especially the bonus cardstocks!

ValuePack_FD_MKT600.jpg

I struggle with Halloween & July 4th (non Australian holidays) so I really love it when people like what I've done for those themes.  Thank you :)

11 hours ago, Cheri T said:

I adore Carolyn's style and all her wonderfully themed collections! I had a really, really hard time choosing between this one and Back to Nature, but this one won out in the end:

CKI_Jungle_Collection_MKTG600.jpg

It's one of my faves too :) thank you

6 hours ago, AmandaFace said:

Papers are always my first too! Carolyn is like the queen of theme kits, and I appreciate that b/c there are something I'm not that keen on doing myself!

Ride 'em Cowboy would be one of my favs!

CKI_RideEm_COL_MKT600.jpg

I knew you would choose that one :) I did a happy dance when it was being released and you told me how much you liked it - you made my day :) Thank you

1 hour ago, Florida granny said:

Carolyn is  new to me, so it's great to learn more about her. I enjoyed browsing her shop and found much that  I need to add to my stash. Yep, "need." :) I picked this for my favorite because  that garland looks fabulous and all the pieces look like they will work together beautifully to make great pages.

ValuePack_MyWish_MKT600.jpg

Thank you :) I had a lot of fun designing those wreaths and tinsel frames.  

11 hours ago, CarolynKite said:

I knew you would choose that one :) I did a happy dance when it was being released and you told me how much you liked it - you made my day :) Thank you

I mean I love everything you do.... but yes, I just adore that one! :wub:

I was a fan of  Carolyn's when she was at another site, so I was very excited when she became part of ScrapGirls!  Her "Life is a Highway" kit is great for all my photos of the boys with their Matchbox cars and trucks!!!

CKI_Highway_Collection_MKTG600.jpg

5 minutes ago, LaLo1103 said:

I was a fan of  Carolyn's when she was at another site, so I was very excited when she became part of ScrapGirls!  Her "Life is a Highway" kit is great for all my photos of the boys with their Matchbox cars and trucks!!!

CKI_Highway_Collection_MKTG600.jpg

Thank you :) I love that collection so much, it's definitely one of my favs!

Wow! Carolyn has some great stuff! I choose this one because, frankly, I should have come up with something with this name, with Peacock being my own name, lol. My Dad got some rowdy applause at our wedding when he opened his speech with the phrase "I'm as proud as a peacock"!

ValuePack_Peacock_MKT600.jpg

Archived