Meet The Designers: Cherise Oleson

CRS

This week, we want to celebrate our designers, so we’ve asked each of them five short questions to help you get to know them a little better. 

But wait! What’s a celebration without prizes? After you “meet” our designer below, head on over and browse through her store and pick your favorite collection or item.
Then come back to this thread and post a link to the item or the product preview (while on the product page, right-click and choose "copy image" to save the image).
Tell us what you would scrap with the item or what you love about it.

On Friday, 6/30 we will come back to this thread and choose one lucky person who will win the item of their choice from Cherise's Store!

But, first - get to know Cherise!

Cherise Oleson

How long have you been designing?
I've been designing digital scrapbooking products for 11 years (and designing other graphics professionally for about 24 years)!

What is your favorite item to design?
I love designing ScrapSimple templates of all kinds, word art, embellishments, paper, layouts, etc.

Where do you get your inspiration?
Mostly, I get my inspiration from real life around me and whatever activities I might be involved in, but I also love perusing design magazines (How) and Pinterest.

If you could visit one place, where would it be?
I'd love to visit Costa Rica. We got close last year when we visited Panama. I'm drawn to Latin American people and culture.

If not designing, what is your favorite pastime?
Music is my biggest hobby outside of designing (and caring for my family). I love singing, playing the piano, and teaching music to children

Nice to meet you, Cherise!  Now, head on over to Cherise's Store and find your favorite product.  
Don't forget to come back to this thread and follow the directions in the first post above!

3 hours ago, scrapperbess said:

I just noticed these page templates for missionaries!  My son served a mission in Italy and I have never scrapped this wonderful period of his life. 

ScrapSimple Digital Layout Album Templates - Layered: 12x12 Mission 1

Sounds like you found the inspiration you need to get those photos scrapped :)

Hi Ladies! Thanks for your kind words! Inspiring Collection Biggie is my favorite collection that I've designed, so that's fun that you chose some of those pieces. And I loved those bokeh borders and corkboard alpha too! The fabric bunting was a fun piece to put together, especially with the alpha that went with it too. But I have to say that ScrapperBess's comment about the missionary templates was just the inspiration I need to put together another template set! My son is a missionary in New York right now, so I've got lots of pictures to scrap!

Cherise, certainly does have some very useful products in her store.

These tag shapes caught my attention as it even has the string tie.

COL_SSTools_Shapes_Tags8302_MKTG_600.jpg

Hi Cherise, It's so nice  to learn more about you! I have a  lot of Cherise's products and like to use your templates for photo books. I probably use Inspiring the most of the collections. However... when browsing Cherise's store I saw this. Why have I never  noticed this before??? Everyone needs a Cootie Catcher and I love the fact that you offer directions and even other ways of using it. Super cool!

ScrapSimple Craft Templates: Cootie Catcher

Congratulations Florida Granny! You have won the item of your choice from Cherise's store! Just email Angie at angie@scrapgirls.com and let her know what you would like!

Archived