ValerieT

Meet the Designers - Cheri Thieleke

26 posts in this topic

This week, we want to celebrate our designers, so we’ve asked each of them five short questions to help you get to know them a little better.

 

But wait! What’s a celebration without prizes? After you “meet” our designers below, head on over to each of our new designer’s store, browse through their store, and pick your favorite collection or item. Then come back to this thread and post a link to the item or the product preview (while on the product page, right-click and choose to save the image). Tell us what you would scrap with the item or what you love about it.

 

On Saturday 1st July, we will come back to this thread and choose one lucky person who will win the item of their choice!

But First let's get to know Cheri Thieleke.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheri Thieleke

How long have you been designing?

I began making sketches for the sketch chat in 2010 or 2011, soon after joining the Layout Artist team. When a call was placed for new designers, I marketed myself as a template-only designer and was hired in 2012. Since then, I have branched out a little, but still consider myself mostly a template designer.

What is your favorite item to design?

Easy-peasy question - layout templates! It's so much less overwhelming to begin scrapbooking with a template. I love providing customers with a wide variety from which to choose.

Where do you get your inspiration?

My own layouts, advertisements, art, and even packaging at the store.

If you could visit one place, where would it be?

Italy. I've been to Rome and Venice, but would love to explore the entire country! Florence or the Cinque Terre are next on my list.

If you could be a superhero, what would your superpower be?

My super power would be curing cancer. It's such a devastating disease, from robbing people of their health to ruining their finances; I just want to be able to fix it all.

If not designing, what is your favorite pastime?

My favorite pastime is reading. I can lose myself in a book for hours upon hours, and even as an adult, I have a hard time hearing my own family members talk to me if I'm engrossed in a book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok Cheri!  You, me and Amanda....we are going to have to make plans for an Italy trip :)  Absolutely love all your templates and have no idea how you keep coming up with something fresh and new all the time.  But I couldn't pass up the chance to post your Penguin Collection, they are soooo adorable!
CTH_Penguins_MKTG_600.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great variety of template styles in Cheri's store.  As I enjoy using stitching on layouts this set caught my eye and I think I really really would like to own it:

CTH_SSAlbumMini_12x12_MSC_MKTG_600.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Cheri's Bright Ideas Collection. My eldest DGS is definitely favouring science over the arts so I think the contencts of this collection will come in very useful in years to come.

CTH_BrightIdea_CB_MKTG_600.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Cheri, We already know a little about you since you are so good about participating in the forum. However, I enjoyed reading  even more about you!
Among other wonderful products, Cheri makes super templates. I've used  this one for a photo book and it turned out great! I've also used parts of it in one-page layouts. I love  the photo arrangement, and the stitching adds a lot of interest. So here's  my favorite Cheri template:

ScrapSimple Digital Layout Album Templates: 12x12 Messy Stitched Collage

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always think of Cheri as our Template Queen!  Although I am horribly behind on my Project 52, but when I am ready to catch up Cheri's templates are what I'll reach for!  But with kids home for the summer, I probably will NOT be doing much catching up until September...

CTH_VP_MSPL1to4_MKTG_600.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am addicted to templates and Cheri is my hero! All of her template sets are my favorite, but since I used these on several years' worth of SG 52 albums, I'll share these:

CTH_ValuePack_DPPP_MKTG_600.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheri's branching out products are so fun; I also love the penguins. But this one caught my eye. Very pretty!

CTH_StGlassEaster_EmbMini_MKTG_600.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GinnyW said:

Ok Cheri!  You, me and Amanda....we are going to have to make plans for an Italy trip :)  Absolutely love all your templates and have no idea how you keep coming up with something fresh and new all the time.  But I couldn't pass up the chance to post your Penguin Collection, they are soooo adorable!
 

Yes! Let's get to planning our trip!:) Thank you for the praise - I must like the penguins an awful lot too, lol, as I haven't seemed to get rid of my winter signature yet;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, A-M said:

What a great variety of template styles in Cheri's store.  As I enjoy using stitching on layouts this set caught my eye and I think I really really would like to own it:

 

Thank you, Anne-Marie! I do love stitching on layouts as well, thus including stitching on many, many of my templates:) You've found one of my favs as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, englishrose said:

I love Cheri's Bright Ideas Collection. My eldest DGS is definitely favouring science over the arts so I think the contencts of this collection will come in very useful in years to come.

 

Hilary, I'm so glad you like that one - it was my first "branching out" product, and I may have almost done myself in trying to accomplish it, hehehehe (and I may have tried Angie's patience a little too, lol).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Florida granny said:

Hi Cheri, We already know a little about you since you are so good about participating in the forum. However, I enjoyed reading  even more about you!
Among other wonderful products, Cheri makes super templates. I've used  this one for a photo book and it turned out great! I've also used parts of it in one-page layouts. I love  the photo arrangement, and the stitching adds a lot of interest. So here's  my favorite Cheri template:

 

 

Thank you, Diane, for the high praise:) I've gone back to that set time and again to make more layouts also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CarolynKite said:

I love these embellishments :)  The whole collectioni is fab, but these are wonderful :)

 

 

Thank you, Carolyn! I love your themed collections, so it's an honor for you to call my embellishment set "wonderful" :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LaLo1103 said:

I always think of Cheri as our Template Queen!  Although I am horribly behind on my Project 52, but when I am ready to catch up Cheri's templates are what I'll reach for!  But with kids home for the summer, I probably will NOT be doing much catching up until September...

 

Awww, thank you, Laura:) I hear you on not doing much catching up this summer, lol. I'll look forward to your P52 pages come September, though - I'm holding you to it! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CRS said:

I am addicted to templates and Cheri is my hero! All of her template sets are my favorite, but since I used these on several years' worth of SG 52 albums, I'll share these:

 

Template Queen, hero?! I don't know about either of those, but I'm sure glad you and Laura like my templates!

You ROCK the project 52 pages, btw! Thank you for the praise and for using my templates!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Figment said:

Cheri's branching out products are so fun; I also love the penguins. But this one caught my eye. Very pretty!

 

Thank you, Marlene! I'd like to do a few more of the stained glass embellishment. Obviously I have a "thing" for stained glass:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations Hilary (englishrose)! You have won the item of your choice from Cheri's store! Just email Angie at angie@scrapgirls.com and let her know what you would like!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, GinnyW said:

Ok Cheri!  You, me and Amanda....we are going to have to make plans for an Italy trip :)  Absolutely love all your templates and have no idea how you keep coming up with something fresh and new all the time.  But I couldn't pass up the chance to post your Penguin Collection, they are soooo adorable!
CTH_Penguins_MKTG_600.jpg

I love this kit so much. My favorite for sure. We even went on a penguin excursion together :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ValerieT said:

Congratulations Hilary (englishrose)! You have won the item of your choice from Cheri's store! Just email Angie at angie@scrapgirls.com and let her know what you would like!

Congratulations, Hilary! I hope you enjoy the item you choose! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cyndals said:

I love this kit so much. My favorite for sure. We even went on a penguin excursion together :)

Thank you, Cindy! Ah, the penguin excursion. We need to do that again someday! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheri, I liked reading about you although I already feel like you are a friend!  You were the first one to help me with templates and sketches long ago... :)

I LOVE these tie-dyed papers, I love anything tie-dyed! :) 

CTH_TieDyedDelight_Paper_MKTG_600.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now