Meet The Designers - Laura Louie

ValerieT

This week, we want to celebrate our designers, so we’ve asked each of them five short questions to help you get to know them a little better.

But wait! What’s a celebration without prizes? After you “meet” our designers below, head on over to each of our new designer’s store, browse through their store, and pick your favorite collection or item. Then come back to this thread and post a link to the item or the product preview (while on the product page, right-click and choose to save the image). Tell us what you would scrap with the item or what you love about it.

On Saturday 1st July, we will come back to this thread and choose one lucky person who will win the item of their choice!

But First let's get to know Laura Louie.

Laura Louie

How long have you been designing?

I've been a graphic artist for the past 20 years, but I have been a Scrap Girls designer for the past six years.

What is your favorite item to design?

It used to be papers, but now it’s embellishments. I like playing with Blending modes, so I can sit for hours and keep changing the color and look of a flower! I also love drawing in Illustrator, so drawing kit-specific embellishments is something I always look forward to.

Where do you get your inspiration?
Like many artists, I love Pinterest because it’s all visual and the supply of ideas of endless! If not there, I like reading fashion blogs because they are great for featuring color palettes and patterns that are popular for each season.

If you could visit one place, where would it be?
Bermuda! I have been about six times, but I absolutely love everything about it, and I think it’s the best place to SCUBA! There are so many wrecks to explore and so many different fish to photograph! I guess really any dive trip would be good, but Bermuda is my true love!

If not designing, what is your favorite pastime?

When I'm not designing, I'm bead weaving. It’s very relaxing and there are so many gorgeous things you can make! Since I usually give my beaded projects as gifts, I try to photograph them all for my reference. Every once in a while, I scrap a photo of one of those project photos so sometimes I get to combine my two loves!

That was good to have a nice look through Laura's store. I already own Girl Joy so I think I might now need Boy Joy with have a grandson soon turning 3.

LLO_BoyJoy_CollectionBiggie_MKTG_600.jpg

I absolutely LOVE me some Laura Louie goodies!!! My most used, favorite of all time (and I used it for my grandfather's Honor Flight book, a dear project to me) I had to pick:

LLO_ValuePack_MainStUSA_MKTG_600.jpg

9 hours ago, CRS said:

I absolutely LOVE me some Laura Louie goodies!!! My most used, favorite of all time (and I used it for my grandfather's Honor Flight book, a dear project to me) I had to pick:

LLO_ValuePack_MainStUSA_MKTG_600.jpg

This is one of my favorites as well, Carla! I'm planning to use it for 4th of July photos in a few days!!!

Congratulations Barbara (barbaraj)! You have won the item of your choice from Laura's store! Just email Angie at angie@scrapgirls.com and let her know what you would like!

I think each of Laura's amazing products is my next favorite, but I keep returning to this one again and again. Can't get enough of the twine wrapped alpha, the cute animals, terrific word art, and lovely papers with such depth!

LLO_CampingOut_CollectionBiggie_MKTG_600

Archived