Meet the Designers - Marlene Peacock

ValerieT

This week, we want to celebrate our designers, so we’ve asked each of them five short questions to help you get to know them a little better.

But wait! What’s a celebration without prizes? After you “meet” our designers below, head on over to each of our new designer’s store, browse through their store, and pick your favorite collection or item. Then come back to this thread and post a link to the item or the product preview (while on the product page, right-click and choose to save the image). Tell us what you would scrap with the item or what you love about it.

On Saturday 1st July, we will come back to this thread and choose one lucky person who will win the item of their choice!

But First let's get to know Marlene Peacock.

Marlene Peacock

How long have you been designing?

I began at Scrap Girls in November 2012. I was just getting started, so I was thrilled when Debbie emailed me with the news that I had been chosen to be a designer at Scrap Girls!

What is your favorite item to design?
Hmm. Good question. I like doing several things. I love making papers and embellishments, especially ones that are unique and theme-oriented. I never thought I would like making templates as much as I do, so that was a surprise to me.

Where do you get your inspiration?
I search Pinterest a lot, but also just seeing images on TV and in magazines. Sometimes, ideas come from a book I'm reading.

If you could visit one place, where would it be?

New Zealand. Beautiful country!

If you could be a superhero, what would your superpower be?

To have boundless energy to accomplish everything I imagine I can and have every creative idea come to light exactly as I see it in my mind! I would be the Dynamic Designer, or maybe the Turbo-charged Oma!

If not designing, what is your favorite pastime?

Reading. I also love to cross-stitch and go for walks. Geocaching is something I like doing on vacations.

Marlene has some fantastic templates and the way she puts in the finer details just amazes me, I wouldn't have the patience.  I love the Gourmet Kitchen Products and since I've been trying to be a little more organized this kit immediately popped into my head. 
MPE_ValuePack_GourmetKitchen_MKTG_600.jp

I really enjoyed looking through Marlene's store. There are some great sets of templates but this kit caught  my eye as we often go on picnics:

MPE_Picnic_Collection_Mini_MKTG_600.jpg

Thank you for the cool banner, Marlene! I now have to get the whole collection to coordinate with it. :) You've done it again: made a fabulous collection with great colors.
Marlene knows I love  her  blue papers. I also have several of  her templates and especially like that  she designs in horizontal 8 1/2 x 11 size since I usually make rectangular photo books. Today, however, I choose this one, again for the colors, but also for its sweet homey feeling.

Value Pack: Country Christmas

2 hours ago, GinnyW said:

Marlene has some fantastic templates and the way she puts in the finer details just amazes me, I wouldn't have the patience.  I love the Gourmet Kitchen Products and since I've been trying to be a little more organized this kit immediately popped into my head. 

I'm totally with Ginny on this one!  I LOVE making my own recipe cards and this is THE perfect Value Pack for scrapping them all!

54 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

Thank you for the cool banner, Marlene! I now have to get the whole collection to coordinate with it. :) You've done it again: made a fabulous collection with great colors.
Marlene knows I love  her  blue papers. I also have several of  her templates and especially like that  she designs in horizontal 8 1/2 x 11 size since I usually make rectangular photo books. Today, however, I choose this one, again for the colors, but also for its sweet homey feeling.

Value Pack: Country Christmas

Thanks Diane! You sure know how to show your appreciation, I can't tell how much that means to me. I really like this one, one of my favourites. It's the same colour palette as the Gourmet Kitchen series. Both turned out way more "country" than I usually do.

2 hours ago, GinnyW said:

Those templates are my go to for recipe cards! I just love them!!

Thanks for the gift, Marlene! I have your new collection in my cart!

Hey Valerie, I believe that the Peacock Wedding kit is still my top seller. I lot of people must like that one too!

Ginny, your embellishments are fabulous! You have plenty of patience and fine detail in them. I guess we work on what we love doing, eh? (I had to add the eh in honour of Canada Day tomorrow!)

Hilary, Take a Hike is still on of my favourites! I loved working on the GPS and the the phone. So fun. As were the little animals, Carolyn. Glad you like them!

Laura and Carla, thanks for using my recipe card templates as your go to for making your own cards. I'm planning to do a 3rd set.

Congratulations Diane (Florida granny)! You have won the item of your choice from Marlene's store! Just email Angie at angie@scrapgirls.com and let her know what you would like!

12 hours ago, Cheri T said:

Many of my favorites have been mentioned, but this one, W.O.W. - I adore overlays and I adore moose and other wildlife:

MPE_CottageRefl_Overlay_Paper_Mini_MKTG_

Thanks Cheri! These were so fun to make!

Archived