Meet The Designers - Syndee Nuckles

ValerieT

This week, we want to celebrate our designers, so we’ve asked each of them five short questions to help you get to know them a little better.

But wait! What’s a celebration without prizes? After you “meet” our designers below, head on over to each of our new designer’s store, browse through their store, and pick your favorite collection or item. Then come back to this thread and post a link to the item or the product preview (while on the product page, right-click and choose to save the image). Tell us what you would scrap with the item or what you love about it.

On Saturday 1st July, we will come back to this thread and choose one lucky person who will win the item of their choice!

But First let's get to know Syndee Nuckles.

Syndee Nuckles

How long have you been designing?
I have been a digital designer for Scrap Girls for 11 years now.

What is your favorite item to design?
I have a particular fondness for designing templates. I love to use them myself because I can use colors, papers, patterns, styles, etc. to decorate them. I love their versatility. And they are a big help when I’m working on a collection.

Where do you get your inspiration?

I usually have a ton of ideas swirling around in my head. But I like to find color and texture inspiration outside. Spring and summer are always my favorite times of year for inspiration.

If you could visit one place, where would it be?

Wales and the Black Forest in Germany! That's where my paternal grandparents were from.

If not designing, what is your favorite pastime?

I love to read! I am especially fond of British mysteries and biographies. But if I want some light reading, I enjoy comedy/romance novels. 

Oh Syndee your stuff is great but I was never going to be able to look through 59 pages of your store so I just picked a random page went to it and picked my favourite off that page!!? and this was it..

I love these out of bounds templates but this one I love because the illustrations on it are so cute!!!

Thank you for all the lovely creations you share with us.

SNU_SSEmb_ArtMix_Blended-MKTG.jpg

I  have been a fan  of Syndee's ever since I joined Scrap Girls and have lots of her brushes, styles and actions.  As I had a stroll through her store right now I nearly shared a kit I already own but I did  find this one that I do not own and I think it would be a great one to add to  my stash.

SNU_CreativeSpirit_CB_MKTG.jpg

Hi Syndee! Oh, my, where do I start? :D 

I have so many of Syndee's fabulous products and find myself using bits and pieces in most of my layouts. I love  the templates, the creative frames, the colors, the collections, the... well, all of it. I'm especially happy  to see some of Syndee's watercolors finding their way into the  Scrap Girls store. So, I'll just pick her latest as my favorite:

Under the Sea Digital Kit

Syndee has SO many great products that its hard to pick just one!  She's another one that I find so inspiring!!!  I have used her Woodlandia and Among the Wildflowers collections numerous times!  But I am always drawn to Halloween and this is one of Synd.'s best!

wm_SNU_Spellbound_CollMini_MKTG600.jpg

Even though I'm not eligible to win, here's one of my many favourite products of Syndee's.

So many kits, so little time! I am enthralled with how many wantercolour products you can make, Syndee, and they are all still unique and lovely!

SNU_BS_ArtsyAutumn_MKTG.jpg

Congratulations Barbara (BarbaraC1977)! You have won the item of your choice from Syndee's store! Just email Angie at angie@scrapgirls.com and let her know what you would like!

Syndee is such an amazing talent and inspires me each week with her awesome products. I don't know how to just pick one product. I love everything but if I had to pick I love her watercolor kits the best.

SNU_PrettyPoppy_CSM_MKTG.jpg

One thing I love about Syndee is how versatile she is. Many of us have one thing we are good at designing, or we are good at designing in one particular style, but Syndee does it ALL well!

One of my many favorites of Syndee's:

SNU_AlteredLife_CollBiggie_MKTG600.jpg

Syndee I love your products and have an amazing amount of them that I use so often!  I also like that you create collections, frames, styles, etc etc -- everything!
I couldn't pick one "favorite" so finally decided to go with a product that I use in every layout -- 
SNU SS Styles - Shadow Me
I also remember when Jody asked you to create them, right?

SNU_ShadowMe_MiniClass_MKTG600.jpg

I'm not sure I ever met a Syndee kit I didn't like, but I especially love what she does with watercolors.

My all-time favorites, though, were the calendar frames embellishment templates she put out from 2008 through 2011.  I LOVE those frames!

On 7/1/2017 at 3:54 PM, MariJ said:

Syndee I love your products and have an amazing amount of them that I use so often!  I also like that you create collections, frames, styles, etc etc -- everything!
I couldn't pick one "favorite" so finally decided to go with a product that I use in every layout -- 
SNU SS Styles - Shadow Me
I also remember when Jody asked you to create them, right?

SNU_ShadowMe_MiniClass_MKTG600.jpg

I do remember! Jody wanted more shadow styles in both brown and grey :)

Archived