July forum Game - Slow Scrap

ValerieT

Welcome to July's forum game. A straight forward slow scrap! There will be no twists or tricks, although some of the tasks maybe a little more difficult.

Every day, Monday to Saturday, we will give you a step that will lead to a finished layout. Layouts One and Four will have seven steps each. Layouts two and three will have six steps each.

Members who complete the steps and post all 4 layouts in the Slow Scrap Gallery will be entered in a drawing for one of two $10.00 Scrap Girls Boutique Gift Certificates.

Each completed layout posted in the Slow Scrap Gallery, up to 4 per member, will be entered in a drawing for one of three $3.00 Scrap Girls Boutique Gift Certificates.

You have until 11:59pm ET on July 31st 2017 to complete the steps and post your layouts to the Slow Scrap Gallery. There are no daily time limits.

You can make changes to your layout as the week progresses.

After each step you can post your progress in this thread if you wish. PLEASE NOTE; THIS IS NOT A REQUIREMENT. Here is how;

• Make sure you save your layout as a PSD/layered file first.
  • Save your layout as a .JPEG at 72ppi with a size of 4 x 4 inches (288 x 288 pixels) this is smaller than you would normally save for the web.
  • Follow the first part of this tutorial How To Post Images In The Forum  to post your "progress" in the game thread.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A nice simple task today, so you can join in with the other challenges today. Remember there will be no task tomorrow (Sunday), Shannon will be back on Monday witht the next step in our first layout.

1st July

Start a new layout in your preferred size and add 3 solid papers.

I'm going to try to keep up with this, this month. I will be leaving this Thurs 7/6 gone through 7/16 so I'll miss that time of scrapping, but I will work on what I can when I can.

Starting this with great optimism, we'll see how far I get,  but these directed layouts are such fun.

Here are my 3 plain papers. I have plans for them.

I used

DCA_BacktotheBasics_BasicBlue.jpg
BMU_Jingleberry_Paper_RedVelvet.jpg
BMU_BurstCrease.jpg

Layout_1a.jpg

Whew!  After the crazy pace of last month, a slow scrap is a breeze!  Here's my start... I followed along and also went with red, white, and blue.  LLO_ForevLoveSolid_Paper_Red; ACA_GirlyGirl_12x12_White; SBA_AbundantLife_PP_Navy.

SlowScrap1_Jul2017thumb.jpg

On 03/07/2017 at 9:27 PM, Mikelle said:

Whew!  After the crazy pace of last month, a slow scrap is a breeze!  Here's my start... I followed along and also went with red, white, and blue.  LLO_ForevLoveSolid_Paper_Red; ACA_GirlyGirl_12x12_White; SBA_AbundantLife_PP_Navy.

SlowScrap1_Jul2017thumb.jpg

Perfect papers for your beautiful photo.

Archived