CuttleBug or Big Shot?

GinnyW

Beautiful cards, Ginny! I didn't even notice the short ribbon until I read your response to Carla. I love the die cuts you used and your colors are great together, but then again, you are a designer and have "that eye"! With the ribbon, I will often use tape on the backside of the card to hold the ribbon in place until I glue the matting to the face of the card. Maybe that will help you next time. 

Thank You ladies!  You're giving me the courage to press on.  I picked up a few of the oxide inks to play with and see what they do.  Might be interesting or might be a mess, we will see.  Tape on the backside of the card... why didn't I think of that?!  Thanks Lei, I will definitely keep that in mind!  I need to get these last two cards figured out and then start working on a collection and a club or Angie is going to wonder where I've gone LOL

5 hours ago, CRS said:

I like to add a glue dot under the bow, too, just for a little extra. I haven't tried the oxide inks yet...curious to see what you think of them!

Yep, that is always a great idea!!

5 hours ago, CRS said:

I like to add a glue dot under the bow, too, just for a little extra. I haven't tried the oxide inks yet...curious to see what you think of them!

Sure is a good idea!  Thanks Carla!  I've made a mental note!  Been playing with the oxide inks this afternoon and have to admit I'm really liking them.  They blend like a dream on dry card stock and they show up on colored card stock too.  I wouldn't suggest doing them on a light weight card stock with water tho cause it curls.  I don't have any of the real heavy card stock yet but will soon (it's on the list lol) but I tried it on watercolor paper and it worked great.  It builds color really great as long as you dry between re applying the next layer of ink.  Hope that makes sense.  Posting some pics for you so you can see what I played with all day :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Love it Ginny! I will often use watercolor paper in cards and on ATCs ... especially if I'm using wet medium!

• 4 months later...

Archived