Favorite Quote or Saying You'd Like To See In a Kit

I like quotes about the sea. 

Here are a few other ones I like:

No day is over if it makes a memory.

Memories keep those we love close forever. 

Dance like nobody is watching.

A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song. 

The one I use over and over (must be my age!)

Life's too short to - peel grapes (or whatever)

Can't think how it would work in a collection though, unless you turn it into a positive (Life is short - eat cake (or whatever).

I'm sure you'd find a way to make it work Angie.

1 minute ago, Becster said:

I can't be overdrawn, I still have checks.

:rofl:

Oh that's great.  My boys just opened their first checking account since they started working this summer.  So I've had this conversation many times this last month.  "just because the ATM will give you money doesn't mean it's there"  UGH

Courage doesn't mean you don't get afraid. Courage means you don't let fear stop you.

Be a pineapple, stand tall, wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside.

Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul alive.

If you pull that face when the clock strikes twelve, it'll stay like that forever. (My mom's favorite saying when we sulked)

Don't stop until you're proud.

Be the voice not the echo.

If someone tries to pulls you down, they're already below you.

here is a link to one i just saved hope it works.  let me know. also if you go to my pinterest page i have a page i call quotes where i save alot of quotes i like.  you can see if anything grabs you 

dts-070517.gif?itok=Kdq7ukUH

12 hours ago, englishrose said:

The one I use over and over (must be my age!)

Life's too short to - peel grapes (or whatever)

Can't think how it would work in a collection though, unless you turn it into a positive (Life is short - eat cake (or whatever).

I'm sure you'd find a way to make it work Angie.

Oh Hilary, I'm with you on the Life's too short! I find myself saying that about a lot of things as well. Love it!

53 minutes ago, mimes1 said:

How about:

"It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt ...then it's really funny!"

At least in our house that how it goes. haha

That, I would think is my DH favourite saying, so much so that when I hear it I groan because I have heard it so much:D

Some favourites of mine..

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, I'm Possible?

Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors?

I love it when someone's laugh is funnier than the joke.?

8 hours ago, MariJ said:

It is what it is...

This is one of my favorites.  Leroy's sister always said this.  I will have to think about this.  I am always looking for "just the right quote"

Be a pineapple: stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside.

Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful.

Respect your parents. They passed high school without Google.  (isn't this the truth????)

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shows can change your life.

I wish retail therapy was covered by my health insurance.

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, CRS said:

I absolutely, passionately, dislike this phrase....don't know why, but I always cringe when someone says it, rofl!

I gotta tell you, Carla - actually so do I!  I finally figured out it's because most times when I've heard it said, it's being used as a sort of "deal with it, I'm not changing what I'm doing" (or don't want to)".   Kind of a - just get over it....    Which usually isn't very sympathetic or helpful!

10 hours ago, MariJ said:

I gotta tell you, Carla - actually so do I!  I finally figured out it's because most times when I've heard it said, it's being used as a sort of "deal with it, I'm not changing what I'm doing" (or don't want to)".   Kind of a - just get over it....    Which usually isn't very sympathetic or helpful!

Maybe that's why I dislike it...the first time I heard it used (and used over and over) was when we were having a deck built in NY. The contractor kept using it and it drove me nuts. Then I heard my cousin use it in a not so nice way.

Archived