Photo Challenge 7/7

angleigh

This weeks photo challenge is brought to you by the letter "E" for excitement. 

I was reading through didn't photo challenges and that caught my eye so while I went out to the store I was looking for "excitement" and let me tell you, this is about the most exciting thing I saw today.  Back To School Supplies!!!!!  I love my boys to death but when I see those coming out I know summer is coming close to the end and it's time to get back to school and a normal schedule.

Then the other excitement is more for kids in town.  The carnival is here this weekend.  I "did my time" with the overly priced wrist bands to ride the same few rides over and over.  I am so glad that a: my boys was never that excited about it (once they got past the age of 5) and b: they are now old enough just to go their selves and hang out with friends.

So here are my photos for this week

2.jpg

1.jpg

Nothing much exciting around here lately...which is good. The most exciting thing going on is the girls and I all sitting on the couch with laptops in lap and Buddy sleeping on the floor...

But I'll keep my eyes open for excitement, rofl!

I was thinking of the photo challenge this morning and wondering what it would be!   And - have no fear, I have a photo and excitement! :)
So, for the past few nights and mornings I've noticed that there obviously is a "mouse in the house" as it's left little packages in it's wake -- but only on the back of the kitchen sink and IN the sink, strange places to be.   And, odd in Summer, any time I've had a mouse it's been in winter.
So, I go to the hardware store yesterday, buy 2 mousetraps and set one last night - sitting it behind the faucet.   Then I think maybe I'd better sit it on a paper towel since there wasn't a lot of room there.  Now, none of this is my "thing" but I sorta close my eyes and do it unless someone else is around who will.

So, this morning I get up, go into the kitchen and shut my eyes, turn on the light and then peek one eye over to the sink....  No trap, no paper towel...   Huh?   So, I inch and look closer and I see the paper towel about a foot away and it's obviously been chewed on, but still no trap.   I follow a slight "trail" across the counter and suddenly see the trap UNDER a burner on the stove - complete with a moving small object.  YUCK!!!!  How that mouse dragged the trap all the way over there and got into that little space I'll never know, but I wasn't messing with it as it's not easy to get the burner element off and there was a squiggling MOUSE in there!  

So, I quick, thew a newspaper over the element and then a bowl over the newspaper and called someone to come help me.   "No rush"....   
Needless-to-say, kitchen has been sterilized, anti-bacterialized, bleached, lysoled - whatever else I can think of and I'm still waiting for help.    
Meanwhile, now I don't hear anything under there so don't know if little mousey is still there....  Or, "gone" -- in more ways than one.

How's that for excitement?   No fun, though....

(PS I only put the mousetrap package there for the pic!)   

IMG_0531.JPG

Marilyn! You had me laughing in my seat this morning!!! I could just picture this wee scenario?????
I do hope your help has arrived. If I was there I would come help you. I'm not afraid of mice its rats that I don't fancy!?

Ive got BIG excitement on my horizon this week!!! Ive just got to get a photo to show you all!?

I am going to Moso, an Island in Vanuatu!! Thats my big excitement!? Going on Saturday. Going with some other ladies with sewing machines to help the Island ladies learn to sew so that they can make things to sell and hopefully get some income from their skills. Big adventure for me especially as the heat isn't one of my forte's but its threatening to snow rather heavily over this week here at home so I guess it will be nice to warm up after that. So  long as we don't  get snowed in?So that is what my excitement is all about this week and probably next week and the week after that??

Moso.jpg

Ngaire, that is an exciting and rewarding adventure you are taking on.

Marilyn, I loved your story of the mouse.  When Ken was in hospital in April, I had to kill a mouse that had fallen into the bin where we keep the bird seed for the wild birds we feed - that was not much fun. 

I always love seeing school supplies back in the stores.  I did not see any today though!

Oh Mairlyn....I hope you get that "excitement" taken care of...

So....I'm not sure this is exciting, but I saw this sign and thought....WHY is this necessary??

2017-07-06 20.46.45-1.jpg

3 hours ago, MariJ said:

I was thinking of the photo challenge this morning and wondering what it would be!   And - have no fear, I have a photo and excitement! :)
So, for the past few nights and mornings I've noticed that there obviously is a "mouse in the house" as it's left little packages in it's wake -- but only on the back of the kitchen sink and IN the sink, strange places to be.   And, odd in Summer, any time I've had a mouse it's been in winter.
So, I go to the hardware store yesterday, buy 2 mousetraps and set one last night - sitting it behind the faucet.   Then I think maybe I'd better sit it on a paper towel since there wasn't a lot of room there.  Now, none of this is my "thing" but I sorta close my eyes and do it unless someone else is around who will.

So, this morning I get up, go into the kitchen and shut my eyes, turn on the light and then peek one eye over to the sink....  No trap, no paper towel...   Huh?   So, I inch and look closer and I see the paper towel about a foot away and it's obviously been chewed on, but still no trap.   I follow a slight "trail" across the counter and suddenly see the trap UNDER a burner on the stove - complete with a moving small object.  YUCK!!!!  How that mouse dragged the trap all the way over there and got into that little space I'll never know, but I wasn't messing with it as it's not easy to get the burner element off and there was a squiggling MOUSE in there!  

So, I quick, thew a newspaper over the element and then a bowl over the newspaper and called someone to come help me.   "No rush"....   
Needless-to-say, kitchen has been sterilized, anti-bacterialized, bleached, lysoled - whatever else I can think of and I'm still waiting for help.    
Meanwhile, now I don't hear anything under there so don't know if little mousey is still there....  Or, "gone" -- in more ways than one.

How's that for excitement?   No fun, though....

(PS I only put the mousetrap package there for the pic!)   

IMG_0531.JPG

Oh man...I would of been screaming for someone to come get that thing.  That's too funny!

1 hour ago, Ngaire said:

I am going to Moso, an Island in Vanuatu!! Thats my big excitement!? Going on Saturday. Going with some other ladies with sewing machines to help the Island ladies learn to sew so that they can make things to sell and hopefully get some income from their skills. Big adventure for me especially as the heat isn't one of my forte's but its threatening to snow rather heavily over this week here at home so I guess it will be nice to warm up after that. So  long as we don't  get snowed in?So that is what my excitement is all about this week and probably next week and the week after that??

Moso.jpg

Ok..you've got my excitement beat.  LOL  Have a great time

3 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

I always love seeing school supplies back in the stores.  I did not see any today though!

Oh Mairlyn....I hope you get that "excitement" taken care of...

So....I'm not sure this is exciting, but I saw this sign and thought....WHY is this necessary??

2017-07-06 20.46.45-1.jpg

LOL..yeah I would think that's a pretty well known fact

1 hour ago, Ngaire said:

Marilyn! You had me laughing in my seat this morning!!! I could just picture this wee scenario?????
I do hope your help has arrived. If I was there I would come help you. I'm not afraid of mice its rats that I don't fancy!?

Ive got BIG excitement on my horizon this week!!! Ive just got to get a photo to show you all!?

I'm glad I woke you up with a smile, Ngaire!   And good luck and go well on your venture, it's such a wonderful thing to do.  

1 hour ago, A-M said:

Marilyn, I loved your story of the mouse.  When Ken was in hospital in April, I had to kill a mouse that had fallen into the bin where we keep the bird seed for the wild birds we feed - that was not much fun. 

Oh no Anne Marie!  That's no fun, is it? :( 

Ok, so ready for the rest of my "excitement"?   I went through my day and my help didn't arrive which wasn't too strange since I'd told him to take his time and normally he'd be coming from work around 3-4PM.    By 5 I'm wondering what's going on - and I'm here with a mouse sitting under a bowl on my stove all day.  And, yes - at one point I peeked under and saw his back so he was still there...

5:30 I go to a baseball game and 6PM "Help" calls saying he made it to his destination, but had forgotten the mouse!   But, he'd called his brother who was coming now with his son...  So I went home and found him sitting on a chair in front of the bowl with a sandwich sized rubbermaid container and cover that he was going to push the mouse into.   Meanwhile, he'd already peeked inside to check out the mouse and sprayed WINDEX at it to "stun" him.  (I kid you not).  He admits that he's a little afraid of mice and then peeks underneath and the mouse has somehow gotten himself disconnected from the trap and is sitting ON the burner looking back at him!  Help2 decides we need a box and I get one and he sets it up along with a piece of cardboard to slide under the bowl and then push the mouse into the box.  We're both ready, he lifts the bowl, pushes the mouse into the box and as I go to slam the top on the mouse jumps, Help2 "screams like a little girl" (which is the way he put it!), jumps back away and the mouse hops off the stove to the floor and under the radiator and off to who-knows-where.....

So the mouse spent an entire day under a bowl on my stove and got away...  Help2 says "Marilyn, don't tell anyone I screamed like a little girl"...
And, I'm in the same boat I was last night...     :rofl:

This kind of excitement I can do without!    ?

14 hours ago, angleigh said:

This weeks photo challenge is brought to you by the letter "E" for excitement. 

I was reading through didn't photo challenges and that caught my eye so while I went out to the store I was looking for "excitement" and let me tell you, this is about the most exciting thing I saw today.  Back To School Supplies!!!!!  I love my boys to death but when I see those coming out I know summer is coming close to the end and it's time to get back to school and a normal schedule.

Then the other excitement is more for kids in town.  The carnival is here this weekend.  I "did my time" with the overly priced wrist bands to ride the same few rides over and over.  I am so glad that a: my boys was never that excited about it (once they got past the age of 5) and b: they are now old enough just to go their selves and hang out with friends.

So here are my photos for this week

2.jpg

1.jpg

Our stores never miss an opportunity to "plug" back to school stuff. When I was in town yesterday I saw winter school uniform on sale. The kids aren't broken up for summer yet! I wouldn't buy it so early that's for sure. My DGS will probably have grown a few inches before he goes back to school in September.

Excitement sorely lacking in these parts. I'll put my thinking cap on.

5 hours ago, Ngaire said:

Oh Marilyn!!!! now I'm more than giggling, this is laugh out loud stuff!!:rofl::trampoline:
your mouse saga is just about as exciting as my Moso trip!!! Cant wait for the next instalment.:dancingchicken:

:D I woke up this morning and tentatively stepped into the kitchen, then looked around ----

one mousetrap -- no mouse...
second mousetrap -- no mouse....

Maybe that mouse is smarter than I think and now it's got me on guard and it's probably (hopefully) off enjoying itself outside.
I'll see what happens in the next few days......

Have a wonderful experience Ngaire...  I can't wait to hear about it - such a lovely and helpful thing to be doing.  Go well  xo

15 hours ago, MariJ said:

Ok, so ready for the rest of my "excitement"?   I went through my day and my help didn't arrive which wasn't too strange since I'd told him to take his time and normally he'd be coming from work around 3-4PM.    By 5 I'm wondering what's going on - and I'm here with a mouse sitting under a bowl on my stove all day.  And, yes - at one point I peeked under and saw his back so he was still there...

5:30 I go to a baseball game and 6PM "Help" calls saying he made it to his destination, but had forgotten the mouse!   But, he'd called his brother who was coming now with his son...  So I went home and found him sitting on a chair in front of the bowl with a sandwich sized rubbermaid container and cover that he was going to push the mouse into.   Meanwhile, he'd already peeked inside to check out the mouse and sprayed WINDEX at it to "stun" him.  (I kid you not).  He admits that he's a little afraid of mice and then peeks underneath and the mouse has somehow gotten himself disconnected from the trap and is sitting ON the burner looking back at him!  Help2 decides we need a box and I get one and he sets it up along with a piece of cardboard to slide under the bowl and then push the mouse into the box.  We're both ready, he lifts the bowl, pushes the mouse into the box and as I go to slam the top on the mouse jumps, Help2 "screams like a little girl" (which is the way he put it!), jumps back away and the mouse hops off the stove to the floor and under the radiator and off to who-knows-where.....

So the mouse spent an entire day under a bowl on my stove and got away...  Help2 says "Marilyn, don't tell anyone I screamed like a little girl"...
And, I'm in the same boat I was last night...     :rofl:

This kind of excitement I can do without!    ?

I'm glad that the mouse got away. I would use a humane trap and then take the trap and mouse outside and let him loose.

I once had a baby mouse in my old apartment and he was surrounded by my cats. Managed to get him on a plate and under a bowl and took him downstairs to let him outside. I looked down and saw this teeny tiny little foot and tail sticking out beneath the bowl. I thought that he was dead and I started to cry. When I let him loose outside, he scampered off into the bushes and I was quite happy that he was alive.

5 hours ago, lorac said:

I'm glad that the mouse got away. I would use a humane trap and then take the trap and mouse outside and let him loose.

I once had a baby mouse in my old apartment and he was surrounded by my cats. Managed to get him on a plate and under a bowl and took him downstairs to let him outside. I looked down and saw this teeny tiny little foot and tail sticking out beneath the bowl. I thought that he was dead and I started to cry. When I let him loose outside, he scampered off into the bushes and I was quite happy that he was alive.

Better not come back;  don't like mice in my kitchen and especially on my stove! :(

Our Walmart started putting out back to school stuff out on the 4th of July. 

Ngaire what a wonderful thing you are doing!! 

Marilyn ooo that sounds like scary excitement!! Hopefully the little bugger is gone for good!!

I took a screenshot of one my apps. Going to be visiting my sister!!!

IMG_2296.JPG

14 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Marilyn ooo that sounds like scary excitement!! Hopefully the little bugger is gone for good!!

IMG_2296.JPG

Ooh  that sounds like fun!  Hopefully it's not too warm there, I know we aren't that far and we're scheduled to have our first heat advisory for the summer this week.

53 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

IMG_2296.JPG

That's a great photo and exciting trip, Kelly.  I love Chicago and have been there twice with my sister. :) 

And, the little bugger showed up again today, ate the peanut butter OFF the trap that had him the other day - in the spot where he escaped.
I said to my sister, "who's the smart one here?"   Grrrrrrrrrr....

Ooooh Yum Carla that looks awesome. Did you make that? Also what is it?☺️

Kelly hope you have an awesome time with your sister.

Marilyn I found if I put too much Peanut Butter on they seem to be able to have a feed and go on their merry way but if you only put a little bit on, it seems to be more successful. Well thats what I have found. Hope it helps you.?

11 hours ago, CRS said:

We want to go to Chicago! Enjoy the time with your sister, Kelly!

Here is our excitement, watching it come out of the mold and then all the jiggling!

IMG_9421.thumb.JPG.6c44b8c808dfe073cdb7d8cac76c8a67.JPG

OOohhhh!  That looks so pretty and very yummy, Carla!

4 hours ago, Ngaire said:

Marilyn I found if I put too much Peanut Butter on they seem to be able to have a feed and go on their merry way but if you only put a little bit on, it seems to be more successful. Well thats what I have found. Hope it helps you.?

Thanks Ngaire, I wondered about that, I did have a lot on this time.  I've redone the trap and am trying again. :)

17 hours ago, Ngaire said:

It's jello, from a mold. Brooke and I made it from 2 different colors of jello and sour cream.

1 hour ago, scrapgran said:

Oh Marilyn you had me in stitches reading about your excitement. What a cheeky little blighter. Hope you catch him soon. Nothing worse than a mouse in the kitchen.

Actually...   The saga continued with the little blighter (cheeky he is!) eating peanut butter off the trap twice, Amazon not delivering my new (said to be better) traps and me complaining so getting an extra month added on to Prime (actually my sister's membership).   When they sent me an email saying "did we solve your problem?"  I said "NO!  I still have a mouse running around my house and no mousetraps which if you'd told me were going to be delayed I would have gone out and bought my own!"  Grrrrrrr...   Meanwhile, 10pm I hear someone on my porch - and there is my "friendly neighborhood Amazon delivery man" (which is how he introduced himself after saying I scared HIM.) with my mousetraps!   So, I set one and wake up yesterday to an Amazon email sending me $15 to my account for my troubles.  I go in the kitchen and those new traps worked!

So, almost a week later, I have new traps, an extra month of Amazon Prime, $15 to my account AND the mouse.  So far this morning he doesn't appear to have any friends...  :whew:

I've gotten a laugh out of your mouse story.  It reminds me of this winter.  I'm sitting downstairs waiting for the girl I workout with to get there, looking at facebook on my phone and I think I see something scurry across the floor out of the corner of my eye.  I think i'm seeing things, then I see it again go across the other side of the room.  It's just this little tiny thing...but I tell you I was not getting on the floor to do any exercises that morning.

I go to the store as soon as we are done and I get some of the sticky mouse traps...and set 4 in the basement.  My husband laughed at me and told me I meant business.  Everytime I went downstairs I would look, nothing. 

So the next morning I go downstairs, granted this was at 5am, and I notice 1 is gone.  The whole trap..missing.  I go upstairs, wake up my husband and ask him if he moved it.  You can imagine how happy he was to get woke up for that.  LOL  He told me no, and to go away :P

I go back downstairs and i'm looking everywhere.  I finally give up and sit down and wait for Hollie.  I happen to look behind the bench im sitting on, and there's the trap, upside down.  Hollie comes in and we're laughing about it, because now I won't get off the bench.  She finally picks up the mouse trap, because i'm not touching it, and no mouse.  That thing had carried the trap across the basement and somehow got off of it.  All I could picture is this little mighty mouse with a cape on. 

Sad ending for him, the next morning he was found on another trap.  He wasn't so mighty because he was still stuck to it.  We put him outside back by the woods behind our house.  I'm not sure if he ever got off of it or not, I never went back to check.

Archived