What do you do with your pages?

I'll admit I haven't scrapped a page for myself for years.   And I think it's because I have older boys who's focus is 1 thing..sports.  So I think this year i'll do more of a photo book for each of them.

But it got me thinking.  What does everyone do with their pages now?  I know many years when I started alot of people printed either full size or shrunk to 8x8 and then put in albums.  But it seems that over the years since printing services have become more reasonable people really have moved from printing at home to either printing individual pages or books. 

So what do you do with your pages?  Print, either pages or books.  Or do you leave them digital format?

Have to admit I mostly just have mine on my computer.  I've put together and printed a few books over the years but they were mostly of specific vacations.   I've printed a few layouts I wanted to frame and a few as gifts.  I did print my Project Life pages a few years ago at Costco in 5"x7" size and put them in plastic sleeves in a binder.   I also started printing favorite pages in 8x8" size at Costco a few years ago and put them in plastic sleeves in a scrapbook.  It's nice having books but I find I rarely look at them.   I'm doing this year's Project Life in 11x8.5" with the intent on printing a book at Costco at the end of the year.  A 30 page book starts at $17.99 and additional pages (up to 100 pages!) are something like 79 CENTS each.  So reasonable. :)

I've done the same thing for years....I scrap at 12x12, then shrink to 8x8 and print at home except when I'm doing Project Life or specially themed books. I leave PJ at full size. I've done books for 3 of my 4 grandparents, and ABC of Animals books for the nieces and nephews and the Honor Flight Book for the family. I do have a wide format printer now, so I could do full size at home, but I like the way the smaller albums fit on my shelves.

I print out my Project Life pages and put in albums.  I am in the process of creating pages to have printed professionally  into an album about the major vacations I have had.  I would like to also eventually put together an album for printing about my growing up years. 

But presently most of my pages are just on my computer and EHDs. 

I used to print out all my pages in 8 x 8 and then put them in albums. But, I don't do that any more for myself—only ones that the grand kids can put in their album. I now usually make pages that are part of a book and get the book printed once I've finished that set! I often turn my pages into 5.5 inch folded cards, which I can print out on A4 paper. I love the photo books though! Anyone can sit down and read the whole book! It's fun, and less bulky than heavy plastic folders.

I have so far printed all of my layouts in 8x8 at home, with the exception of about 30 LOs I printed through Shutterfly last year.  I put the printed LOs in 8x8 scrapbook albums, and I do look through them once in a while.  I'll probably continue with this way until my kids grow up, then I can see moving to more theme oriented books.  Right now I have no method to the madness as far as order of my layouts.  I just scrap whatever photos I feel like at the time, older or recent.  I wish I'd keep up with Project Life!  That would be great to do books each year, with more journaling than I usually do. 

I used to keep everything on my computer until I realised that I really couldn't share them with people that way. I've been scrapping in paper size A4 for a while which shrinks nicely into 5 x 7 photo format which I can get printed out really cheaply. If I buy an album with 200 slots then that gives me enough space to record a year's worth of events. Special holidays (vacations) have been getting their own photo books for about 3 years now.

I send them all to a book company and have books made up for our 19 kids, mainly do it for the grandkids- because we don't get to see a lot of them, but I was told they love the books- pics of them, cousins and us.  Several grandbabies ago I started making them their baby book for the first year- the moms really appreciate it, but I get behind on the wedding books.

I Print my older (with photos pre-2009) layouts on my wide format printer and put them in albums. Since 2009, I've been doing the Project Life pages. I don't usually print my other pages, but I have a nice stack of photo books on the coffee table. 2016 should arrive next week! When the 20 year old son told me he wants copies of all the books, it made me smile. Knowing that my family cares about the PL books is why is work so hard to get them done, even if it is halfway through the next year.

4 hours ago, April Showers said:

I Print my older (with photos pre-2009) layouts on my wide format printer and put them in albums. Since 2009, I've been doing the Project Life pages. I don't usually print my other pages, but I have a nice stack of photo books on the coffee table. 2016 should arrive next week! When the 20 year old son told me he wants copies of all the books, it made me smile. Knowing that my family cares about the PL books is why is work so hard to get them done, even if it is halfway through the next year.

That is really great to know the books are special to your family, especially a 20 year old boy!...  Nice! :) 

2 hours ago, MariJ said:

That is really great to know the books are special to your family, especially a 20 year old boy!...  Nice! :) 

That is awesome!  Mine would probably not even look twice at them, except when they were sitting a cup on them :wacko:

I don't do a ton for myself digitally  - but when I do I usually print small versions of them and incorporate them into my project life style albums. I have a few 8x8's framed and hanging on the wall in the living room which uh, haven't been changed out in FOREVER ;)

I haven't printed anything in a long time. But I do have a large digital frame and I load my favorite pages onto an SD card and put them in that. When I turn it on, it shuffles through/  But honestly, I haven't changed those in a while either.

2 hours ago, elibar said:

I haven't printed anything in a long time. But I do have a large digital frame and I load my favorite pages onto an SD card and put them in that. When I turn it on, it shuffles through/  But honestly, I haven't changed those in a while either.

I never thought of putting layouts in a digital frame - that's an awesome idea! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I resize my 12x12 LOs to 8x8 and have them printed at  www.scrappingsimply.com   They are 99 cents and beautiful quality

I put them in 8x8 albums or display in a stand in page protectors I got at Michaels 

3 hours ago, Ande43 said:

This is the stand.....

IMG_1306.JPG

I print 8x8 as well, and put them in albums.  I also have a digital photo frame at work that my layouts scroll on, and am asking for another for Christmas to use at home.  Did you get this stand at Michaels?

8 hours ago, Mikelle said:

I print 8x8 as well, and put them in albums.  I also have a digital photo frame at work that my layouts scroll on, and am asking for another for Christmas to use at home.  Did you get this stand at Michaels?

Yes, I got them at Michaels.....I gave one to daughter.....Daughter in law and her mom with LOs of all the Grandsons.  They love them!

I used to order prints 8x8 (scrap 12x12 and reduce) pages and put them into ring binders with sleeves. Last year for the first time I ordered books which I did again this year. I typically scrap my grandchildren and that's what I have printed. I do have some heritage pages (me) and some older pages of my kids but honestly those photos haven't really held up well over time. Lots of them were in those sticky albums which apparently damages photos- what did we know? And I do have a digital frame which I periodically update with current layouts.

29 minutes ago, beatricemi said:

I used to order prints 8x8 (scrap 12x12 and reduce) pages and put them into ring binders with sleeves. Last year for the first time I ordered books which I did again this year. I typically scrap my grandchildren and that's what I have printed. I do have some heritage pages (me) and some older pages of my kids but honestly those photos haven't really held up well over time. Lots of them were in those sticky albums which apparently damages photos- what did we know? And I do have a digital frame which I periodically update with current layouts.

I have a Flip Pal Scanner and have used that to scan those in Albums I cant take out....that has worked beautifully....

33 minutes ago, beatricemi said:

It sounds like you've made some wonderful things!  Like Carol, I love my flip pal scanner too!

Have any of you ever printed as 8x8 and then Scrapped that like a photo on PP/Cardstock to turn into a 12x12 ....Ive thought about doing that for a few to finish a couple paper scrapped Scrapbooks that should have afew more pages.....

Archived