New Flip Pal Question

ladyscrapalot

So I bought a flip pal and used it quite a bit visiting my sister. I put copies of all the photos on to an EHD. My question is do I now delete the photos on Flip Pal memory card or do you just purchase a new memory card as needed. I do know I'm going to invest in rechargeable batteries. The Flip Pal goes through batteries like crazy! lol!

Thanks for any input!

Hi Kelly!  I love my Flip Pal, too.  I suppose the answer to the memory card is, it depends on how redundant you want your back-up?  If your EHD is already backed up somewhere (Carbonite, etc), then I'd just delete them all off the memory card and start scanning again.  I've been scanning in old photos for over a year now using my Flip Pal, and as I transfer them from the memory card to my backed up EHD, I'm organizing them on my EHD according to phase of my life (childhood, high school, college, etc), then I delete the memory card and start scanning again.  So even if I were to keep the memory cards, I think it would drive me crazy not having them organized the same as on my EHD.

I'd have to look at my Flip Pal to see what I do, I can't remember. But I think I keep the photos on the memory card I bought for it (a larger one). I'm paranoid about losing photos so I double and triple back them up!

I've kept what I've scanned on the memory card, but I haven't scanned a tremendous amount of photos.   But, I think I'd still like them all in that one place.  I agree with everyone though, it's personal preference.

And, my Flip-Pal is one of the original/older ones but didn't I see someplace where they are now selling power cords?
I might have dreamed that since I really wish they would!  

Thanks for all the input ladies!! I had already put copies on my ehd but wasn't sure about the sd card. I know it has some program software on it. The photos I scanned are semi-sorted I just have to go in and separate them it to files. I found a great one of my mom when she was 16 hugging her best friend at the time. I want to scrap it soon.  I also found this scrapbook page of my stepdad when he was between 1-2 years old. Nothing fancy really but, I just thought it was cool to see scrapbooking from the late 1920's.

early scrapbook page.jpg

13 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Thanks for all the input ladies!! I had already put copies on my ehd but wasn't sure about the sd card. I know it has some program software on it. The photos I scanned are semi-sorted I just have to go in and separate them it to files. I found a great one of my mom when she was 16 hugging her best friend at the time. I want to scrap it soon.  I also found this scrapbook page of my stepdad when he was between 1-2 years old. Nothing fancy really but, I just thought it was cool to see scrapbooking from the late 1920's.

early scrapbook page.jpg

Oh, that really IS cool Kelly and what a treasure to have.  

• 1 year later...

They say you should have your photos saved in 3 different places....I have on computer, on EHD and Carbonite backs up my computer...I delete from SD card

Archived