LOOK at the new items!! 7/21/17

Don't you just love new items in the boutique???  This week there are lots of amazing new designs AND a new designer!  Welcome to ScrapGirls reviVAL Designs!  Be sure to check out her store HERE.  I see flamingos!!!!

Dancing With Myself CollectionDancing With Myself Collection

Only Human Collection MiniOnly Human Collection Mini

ScrapSimple Word Art Templates: Watercolor TemplatesScrapSimple Word Art Templates: Watercolor Templates

Creative Minds CollectionCreative Minds Collection

Summerish CollectionSummerish Collection

With My Whole Heart Collection BiggieWith My Whole Heart Collection Biggie

On 7/20/2017 at 9:14 PM, SodScrap said:

Lots of new embellishment templates from D's Designs

ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Ribbons Mix 0204ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Ribbons Mix 0204

Question ... These are called templates, but they are full color images? I think when I saw "template" I was expecting something that could be recolored or clipped with different papers. 

On 7/22/2017 at 11:10 PM, Becster said:

Question ... These are called templates, but they are full color images? I think when I saw "template" I was expecting something that could be recolored or clipped with different papers. 

Alot of CU items now comes in full color items.  It actually makes recoloring a little easier.  One of my favorite ways is to duplicate the item, on the bottom layer add a color fill layer, and change the mode on it.  Then turn back on the top layer and adjust the mode/opacity on that one.  It helps bring out some of the detail of the embellishment instead of having it look just tones of 1 color.

The only difference though between this item and something like this one from Brandy is the fact that Brandy's has been changed to grey scale/de saturated.  Which is something you could easily do with the other ribbons (or variety of embellishments) to recolor.

BMU_SSEMB_RibbonCurls_MKTG_600.jpg

5 hours ago, angleigh said:

Alot of CU items now comes in full color items.  It actually makes recoloring a little easier.  One of my favorite ways is to duplicate the item, on the bottom layer add a color fill layer, and change the mode on it.  Then turn back on the top layer and adjust the mode/opacity on that one.  It helps bring out some of the detail of the embellishment instead of having it look just tones of 1 color.

The only difference though between this item and something like this one from Brandy is the fact that Brandy's has been changed to grey scale/de saturated.  Which is something you could easily do with the other ribbons (or variety of embellishments) to recolor.

BMU_SSEMB_RibbonCurls_MKTG_600.jpg

Great explanation.  I never would have thought of this!  

I would like to add one more thing to really good Angie's explanation. Recoloring an element on gray tone is really hard work when you need something with mixed colors. When the element is already in colors, it's easier to keep the wonderfull shades of colors of the item and just change a specific color or two depending on your needs.

Sorry for my english, I do my best. I hope my explanation is clear for you.

2 minutes ago, Graphia Bella said:

I would like to add one more thing to really good Angie's explanation. Recoloring an element on gray tone is really hard work when you need something with mixed colors. When the element is already in colors, it's easier to keep the wonderfull shades of colors of the item and just change a specific color or two depending on your needs.

Sorry for my english, I do my best. I hope my explanation is clear for you.

That is a perfect explanation!

I've asked our tutorial gals to do a blog tutorial on recoloring them to help everyone out a bit.

29 minutes ago, angleigh said:

That is a perfect explanation!

I've asked our tutorial gals to do a blog tutorial on recoloring them to help everyone out a bit.

That would be helpful.  I'm totally useless with SS but have been totally befuddled seeing SS in color, as to me then it wasn't SS since the definition of it to me was grayscale!

4 minutes ago, MariJ said:

That would be helpful.  I'm totally useless with SS but have been totally befuddled seeing SS in color, as to me then it wasn't SS since the definition of it to me was grayscale!

And that's very true, when templates came out years ago in digital scrapbooking they were all in grey scale.  But over the years they have all evolved.  Paper templates used to be grey scaled and flat .jpg or .png files.  Then they evolved to .psd files along with the .jpg or .png files (and even some in color)  Embellishments used to be, generally, non realistic items in greyscale.  Then it evolved to include realistic things like flowers and such...and now most designers have started doing them in color because of the ease in recoloring.

6 hours ago, angleigh said:

And that's very true, when templates came out years ago in digital scrapbooking they were all in grey scale.  But over the years they have all evolved.  Paper templates used to be grey scaled and flat .jpg or .png files.  Then they evolved to .psd files along with the .jpg or .png files (and even some in color)  Embellishments used to be, generally, non realistic items in greyscale.  Then it evolved to include realistic things like flowers and such...and now most designers have started doing them in color because of the ease in recoloring.

This all makes total sense and like Carla I like having embellishments already colored, whew....   And I understand now that it's easier to recolor colored objects than grayscale ones and I'd imagine it's also easier to keep the texture in the item that way too?   But, what puzzles me is then why have SS - why wouldn't everything just be regular items that can be recolored like anything else can now?  I'm not trying to be funny, I just don't understand it all and I don't know if I'm missing something!  

When it comes to layout templates where I clip things to pieces I have to say that I never buy colored ones because it totally throws me off when I'm trying to pick my own colors!   When it's grayscale I can see my choices and possibilities easier.  I guess I get easily confused.    All that said, I understand now about recoloring being easy with color vs. grayscale.  
And, I'll be happy to see a tutorial, thank you! :)

7 hours ago, MariJ said:

Yes! This was my confusion as well. Thanks for all the great explanations!

50 minutes ago, MariJ said:

When it comes to layout templates where I clip things to pieces I have to say that I never buy colored ones because it totally throws me off when I'm trying to pick my own colors!   When it's grayscale I can see my choices and possibilities easier.  I guess I get easily confused.    All that said, I understand now about recoloring being easy with color vs. grayscale.  
And, I'll be happy to see a tutorial, thank you! :)

I didn't really miss the grayscale as much as I missed having it in layers. I'm going to have to learn how to recolor now. :)

Good occasion to learn something new ladies ! I love to learn more and more, learn, learn, learn ha ha ha !!!!! It's the magical part of digital scrapbooking, possibilities are infinites ! It will always has something new to learn. Have fun with the futur tutorial girls !

Archived