SG facebook group/s

I'm not on Facebook but I know there is a ScrapGirls' page.    
Search on FB for ScrapGirls and I'm sure it will come up for you to sign up or whatever happens on FB! :)   Someone else will come along who knows more.  

Here is facebook for Scrap Girls:   https://www.facebook.com/ScrapGirls

I personally do not do much on facebook. The only reason I have an account is for the Craft Co-operative Store where my husband and I sell our crafts. I am the Treasurer so I  need to keep  up with what is happening with all the members. 

2 hours ago, alsoarty said:

Yes there is a scrapgirls page, but it's very quiet. I was thinking about this the other day actually.

I think it's mostly to promote events and product, not for chatting.

I don't mean to be a negative Nellie...  but several times I've seen FB draw people away from participating on the original site forum, whatever the forum was to begin with.  It's just a possibility to think of, if an SG group is started on FB, folks may eventually completely chat there instead of here, leaving the forum here with the appearance of inactivity to new folks stopping by.  Maybe a link to the proposed FB group on the SG forum front page would help?  And would the FB group be private, for only registered SG members?

And then like Anne-Marie pointed out, people who don't use FB much, or who refuse to use FB (this would be my DH), they'd be left out in the cold.

6 hours ago, Mikelle said:

I don't mean to be a negative Nellie...  but several times I've seen FB draw people away from participating on the original site forum, whatever the forum was to begin with.  It's just a possibility to think of, if an SG group is started on FB, folks may eventually completely chat there instead of here, leaving the forum here with the appearance of inactivity to new folks stopping by.  Maybe a link to the proposed FB group on the SG forum front page would help?  And would the FB group be private, for only registered SG members?

And then like Anne-Marie pointed out, people who don't use FB much, or who refuse to use FB (this would be my DH), they'd be left out in the cold.

Oh, Mikelle I was thinking the exact same thing then read your post!
I do worry also that FB would take people away from our wonderful Forum and it IS wonderfully active and so unique!   

Plus, yes -
(that would be me, too!)....   I don't do FB......

I'm enjoying the fresh activity on the SGBoards lately (Thank you again Angie - I love that)  - I don't do much on FB but I do check on the SG posts which I enjoy.  I don't think I would chat as much on FB as I do here.

I  agree with those above this post who prefer our forum for participation. I am not a real advocate for Facebook... too much negative things happen with it.  A couple of months ago I clicked on an advertisement down the side of facebook and it infected my files ( mostly word documents)   on my computer. Thankfully I have them all backed up on an extra HD so I did not lose anything.

9 hours ago, MariJ said:

Oh, Mikelle I was thinking the exact same thing then read your post!
I do worry also that FB would take people away from our wonderful Forum and it IS wonderfully active and so unique!   

Plus, yes -
(that would be me, too!)....   I don't do FB......

Yes, I totally agree with you both. I'm on Facebook sometimes but, I really enjoy the fun interaction here plus the friendship, support and encouragement is so wonderfully comforting. 

I understand and appreciate everyone's thoughts, I am slightly the other way and a huge FB advocate but for various reasons and have been on FB ever since it landed in Australia.

If a group was set up right it can be another avenue of promotion for the store...not a place of negativity but one of positivity...too many groups are just that and it becomes a bundle of mess usually because those that start it end up leaving as admin or moderators and let those that are less passionate or don't care to take over.

It doesn't bother me either way it was purely just something I wanted to know as I am part of several groups on there and wasn't sure whether we had one or not.

I also love active forums and SG has a great one, once again I'm on a couple of them that are sadly dead and it affects the sites overall positive feel to it and everything that once was no longer is :(

Thanks for your thoughts on the subject though ladies, it's always good to see what others think.
:)

I'm divided on it.  I do use Facebook, and I'm in several groups as well.  The two most active are groups of ladies who have kids born the same time as mine.  We migrated years ago from Babycenter, where both groups first started, to Facebook, and haven't looked back.  I haven't even been to the Babycenter site itself now for at least 5 years.  One of those groups, too, started out very large and has split a few times over the years due to negativity and differing views of folks.  None of that bothers me too much, I think an SG Facebook group would stay positive and friendly (admins can block anyone who isn't nice), but when this was brought up, my Babycenter groups were the first I thought of, and how none of us visit the original site anymore.  

All this being said, if SG were to create a FB group, I would definitely join.  But at the same time I'd worry about the health of the SG forum!

On 7/22/2017 at 10:44 AM, Mikelle said:

I'm divided on it.  I do use Facebook, and I'm in several groups as well.  The two most active are groups of ladies who have kids born the same time as mine.  We migrated years ago from Babycenter, where both groups first started, to Facebook, and haven't looked back.  I haven't even been to the Babycenter site itself now for at least 5 years.  One of those groups, too, started out very large and has split a few times over the years due to negativity and differing views of folks.  None of that bothers me too much, I think an SG Facebook group would stay positive and friendly (admins can block anyone who isn't nice), but when this was brought up, my Babycenter groups were the first I thought of, and how none of us visit the original site anymore.  

All this being said, if SG were to create a FB group, I would definitely join.  But at the same time I'd worry about the health of the SG forum!

I learned about digital scrapbooking from my baby group on Babycenter! I stopped going on there because it moved away from the babies on onto political things which was not the point.

I'm not on FB, simply because of the drama within my family. As the Mid-west Meetup girls will tell you, I can't be convinced to join. I'd hate to see the chatter move to FB from SG!

On 7/24/2017 at 10:05 AM, CRS said:

I learned about digital scrapbooking from my baby group on Babycenter! I stopped going on there because it moved away from the babies on onto political things which was not the point.

I'm not on FB, simply because of the drama within my family. As the Mid-west Meetup girls will tell you, I can't be convinced to join. I'd hate to see the chatter move to FB from SG!

Me too - one of the last FB holdouts!    And I think once we start "diluting" the Forum into different places, it's harder to keep up and everything in one place.

I love the chatter and visiting our own "homey" Forum. :)

Archived