Photo Challenge 7/21

angleigh

So we're all used to taking photos straight on.  But what if we change that up a bit?   What if there's something on the ground and we take the photo from above looking down?   Or your in a building with high ceilings and you take the photo from down low looking up and out.  There's many different ways to play with levels in photography,   THIS ARTICLE  gives you  some quick/easy ideas.  And then          THIS ONE   Gives you some amazing samples that if you feel real adventurous you could play around with.

So let's see your photos.  Here's mine.  The first I was laying on the ground and Ginger came and laid in front of me.  So this was down on her level.  The 2nd is from up above looking down into my glass

20170713_183957.jpg

20170721_071850.jpg

ooh..good luck.  I'm so glad I have boys that only wears school shirts.  I have to buy a few pairs of shorts through the summer (because they don't wear anything else) and then every shirt that comes out, I just buy one of those and they are set.

Ahaha I was reading this and knew that I had some photos, 

the first photo is my DH and me on a balcony in  a hotel in Villa Real in Portugal on one of our roadtrips. We are looking up into a mirror whilst there was the most impressive thunder/lighting show happening. This hotel was built on a gorge and when we looked over the edge there was just a sheer drop, lightning and thunder was happening in the gorge, it was deafening which is the second photo.

597227f252dd7_IMG_0156resized.jpg.2a48260c40c260048fb250128fee9269.jpgIMG_0152.thumb.JPG.7330e738b60609829a53561d08563945.JPG

Here is a photo that I took looking down at the John Lennon memorial 'Imagine'. Ricky and I joined a group walking through Central Park on the hottest day of the year: July 24, 2010. It was a photography walk and boy was it hot and humid.

Another photo that I took looking up was of a butterfly in the Bronx Zoo Butterfly Exhibit. It was absolute heaven talking through the exhibit and seeing all those wonderful butterflies.

Another day when I was sitting in the Native Plant Garden at the Botanical Garden this beautiful butterfly came by and landed on the bench that I was sitting on.

I never realized how many photos I have taken looking up or looking down. I might have to do a layout using some of those photos.

102_4211.JPG

102_4348.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG

23 hours ago, Dady said:

I like to take pictures looking down or up, the first is Nuage in front of the computer (his favorite place) and the second a flower of zucchini!

DSC04793.JPG

DSC02989.JPG

Awww what a beautiful cat.

2 hours ago, lorac said:

Here is a photo that I took looking down at the John Lennon memorial 'Imagine'. Ricky and I joined a group walking through Central Park on the hottest day of the year: July 24, 2010. It was a photography walk and boy was it hot and humid.

Another photo that I took looking up was of a butterfly in the Bronx Zoo Butterfly Exhibit. It was absolute heaven talking through the exhibit and seeing all those wonderful butterflies.

Another day when I was sitting in the Native Plant Garden at the Botanical Garden this beautiful butterfly came by and landed on the bench that I was sitting on.

I never realized how many photos I have taken looking up or looking down. I might have to do a layout using some of those photos.

102_4211.JPG

102_4348.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG

Oh I love the flowers by imagine. Live on John.

23 hours ago, Marie-Christine said:

Ahaha I was reading this and knew that I had some photos, 

the first photo is my DH and me on a balcony in  a hotel in Villa Real in Portugal on one of our roadtrips. We are looking up into a mirror whilst there was the most impressive thunder/lighting show happening. This hotel was built on a gorge and when we looked over the edge there was just a sheer drop, lightning and thunder was happening in the gorge, it was deafening which is the second photo.

597227f252dd7_IMG_0156resized.jpg.2a48260c40c260048fb250128fee9269.jpgIMG_0152.thumb.JPG.7330e738b60609829a53561d08563945.JPG

That's so cool. Love storms.

Here is one I took at Hoover Dam last week on our Grand Canyon road trip.  It was 110 degrees F out, but we decided it would be worth a day trip to drive 4 hours each way just to see Hoover Dam; years ago I had taken DH to see Grand Coulee Dam in WA, and he wanted to compare the two.  We didn't last long walking around outside, but I did get some great photos.  This one is taken from the road/walkway at the top of the dam, and I held my camera out over the ledge pointed down.  I had no idea if I was aiming right, but it turned out pretty well.

DSC_8638web.jpg

7 minutes ago, Mikelle said:

Here is one I took at Hoover Dam last week on our Grand Canyon road trip.  It was 110 degrees F out, but we decided it would be worth a day trip to drive 4 hours each way just to see Hoover Dam; years ago I had taken DH to see Grand Coulee Dam in WA, and he wanted to compare the two.  We didn't last long walking around outside, but I did get some great photos.  This one is taken from the road/walkway at the top of the dam, and I held my camera out over the ledge pointed down.  I had no idea if I was aiming right, but it turned out pretty well.

DSC_8638web.jpg

wow, impressive!

4 hours ago, lorac said:

102_4211.JPG

102_4348.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG

Great photos!

This is a photo from last year I took on a beach holiday. I was looking down to take this photo of a strange sea creature on the sand.

I just did a google search to find that it  is a Blue Sea Slug 

IMG_8914.JPG

20 hours ago, Mikelle said:

DSC_8638web.jpg

love this photo!

1 hour ago, A-M said:

This is a photo from last year I took on a beach holiday. I was looking down to take this photo of a strange sea creature on the sand.

I just did a google search to find that it  is a Blue Sea Slug 

IMG_8914.JPG

Wow, that's beautiful and so interesting.   Looks like a flower! :)

These are three of my favorites taken over the past years. The first is from laying in a hammock. The second laying in the grass in the backyard. The third is looking up from inside a canyon at Moab.

June photos 048web.jpg

DSCN1535web.jpg

set 4 065web.jpg

Archived