August Hybrid ATC Swap!

CRS

August Hybrid ATC Swap Theme  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Well I finished mine but having serious doubts about them. I will have to give it some thought and I can already hear what y'all will say. "Oh Kelly, I'm sure that they are just fine." I wish I could be sure. *sigh* I'll let you know what I decide. 

You're right and I'm sure they will be lovely.   Meanwhile, my first idea tanked and I've been stuck ever since.... :(

23 minutes ago, CRS said:

Brooke has started hers, but got sidetracked with her birthday and some homework. I have an idea, just not sure how to execute it.

This is REALLY a hard one.  I've had more ideas than usual, but having a harder time making them work!

47 minutes ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Well I guess I'm just going to stick with what I have unless another idea hits me before Friday. I'm off on Friday so going to try and mail mine off.

Yeah, after I wrote the above I decided to not try to be "special" and meaningful, just to do one so I ordered something and will start on the background until it comes.
Hopefully it will work out ok.  
Funny thing is, I always sorta hated those skulls and they creeped me out when I saw them, but once I read their meaning, I liked the idea and had a lot od ideas what to do, which is very unusual.   Only problem is, I'm having trouble executing them.  :hit-head-with-hammer:

6 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Well of course I get d'oh moment the day before I planned on mailing mine. I saw this lady wearing a cool sugar skull t-shirt. I really don't feel like starting over so mine are now in the hands in the USPS.  

Isn't that the way??? I'll let you know when they arrive.

On 8/9/2017 at 4:43 PM, MariJ said:

That's great!  Meanwhile, I've already scrapped idea #1!

OOPS!!! Funny!  I just came back to edit that.  I mean SCRAP as in "ditch it and start again"...    :rofl:

I've had to "scrap" a few of mine, too, Marilyn! :) 

I've finished and am applying bling now. Running to print  :runningdog: and then to the post office!

28 minutes ago, AnnBK said:

I am running FAR behind...but I promise to have mine in the mail tomorrow.  If this is too late, I can drop out and try to catch the next round.

No worries, Ann, I'm still finishing and not even sure I can get mine to the Post Office tomorrow so you're not alone.  

1 hour ago, AnnBK said:

I am running FAR behind...but I promise to have mine in the mail tomorrow.  If this is too late, I can drop out and try to catch the next round.

I only have one set so far, and just got them yesterday. You have plenty of time, Ann. I didn't set a specific date....just early September.

Brooke and I printed ours out today and will bling and finish up tomorrow.

OK.. exhaling now. This one has been a real challenge for me. Not familiar with the art form, and then there's that life thing. Only had two complete breakdowns this month! Moving forward, getting stronger, love your support.

4 hours ago, AnnBK said:

OK.. exhaling now. This one has been a real challenge for me. Not familiar with the art form, and then there's that life thing. Only had two complete breakdowns this month! Moving forward, getting stronger, love your support.

Awwww.....   Hang in Ann.  This is a hard part, still sending thoughts and hugs to you.

I had trouble with this one also.  I never liked those skulls until I read about them and that it's the Mexican Celebration of Live's passed.   I still found it difficult to implement my idea, so finally went with an "easy" one.  

2 minutes ago, CRS said:

I struggled with this one, too.

I'm sorry you had a rough month, Ann. I hope you continue to get stronger. Hugs dear friend!

So, I'm finishing up - to be sure, we make 10 and send 9 to Carla?
Thanks. :) 

OK...Mine didn't make it to the PO today, but they are almost finished. I am the first to admit and confess that I'M not at all happy with what I've done, but I am very happy that I got something done. This was a very challenging theme. 

7 hours ago, AnnBK said:

OK...Mine didn't make it to the PO today, but they are almost finished. I am the first to admit and confess that I'M not at all happy with what I've done, but I am very happy that I got something done. This was a very challenging theme. 

I agree 100%! I like to be challenged, but this was really a hard one!

29 minutes ago, CRS said:

I agree 100%! I like to be challenged, but this was really a hard one!

The worst part is I never liked the skulls, researched them and was really interesting in how mexican culture uses them.  So I actually had what I thought a good idea and was excited, but I couldn't get it to work.  

Hopefully I will be able to get mine to the Post Office tomorrow.

Archived