Convince me to upgrade to CC

angleigh

I've been on the fence for awhile, but now there's a couple of actions I would love to run for my sports photos that you have to have CC to run them (or more then my CS5)

So i'm thinking of upgrading to the photographers plan and get lightroom (which I already have 5) and CC.  Who else has done it?  Is it worth it?

I have the $10/month CC. I'm not a fan of the subscription model but that's all that was available for a new Mac. I don't notice a huge improvement over my previous version of Photoshop but it works. I don't use Lightroom all that much but I want to start.

Well, I suppose $10/month isn't too awful.  I have an old Mac (over 5 years old now), and I suppose if/when I have to get a new Mac I'll have to upgrade.  I have CS6, and some version of Lightroom, but I haven't learned how to use Lightroom yet.

I love it!!  I had to change when I bought the Macbook last year.  I figured for $10/month I could do that for years and it still be cheaper than the outlay for CS6 or whatever.  I haven't messed with light room since I bought this, in fact I haven't messed with LR in years....

I've been happy with CS5, and the only reason I would want to upgrade is to run some photo actions...lol   I've thought of upgrading for a year (prepay it) and if I don't like it I will still have my CS5 and can go back to that. 

I guess I just hate the fact of spending the $ and if I cancel not having anything for it.  On the other hand, without it I can't run these few actions that would be really cool on photos...which in turn I would sell, so I would earn the $ back

I'm with you Angie, I've been sitting on the fence with CC for awhile. nI've put it out there on Fb as I have a number of photographer friends who have either jumped on the CC wagon or not....it's a 50/50...some love it while others have hated the move.

So I'm still sitting on the fence!

If you can use some great actions, make some money on the photos and still use it to create digi supplies for us to use, then I say go for it! Like you said, you can always go back to CS5 (what I use now) and forget about the subscription. If you do decide to go for it, I'd love to see your photos with the actions on it!

I gave CC a try and thankfully was able to cancel my subscription as it played up on my Windows 7 and it was useless for me to use... mostly the problem was with TEXT for some reason and at the time others were having the same trouble.  So I am happy to stick with my CS6 

9 hours ago, A-M said:

I gave CC a try and thankfully was able to cancel my subscription as it played up on my Windows 7 and it was useless for me to use... mostly the problem was with TEXT for some reason and at the time others were having the same trouble.  So I am happy to stick with my CS6 

That's part of the reason I didn't do it a long time ago.  I tried out the trial of it, and it just didn't work with my old computer.  I had all kinds of issues, and it wouldn't run.  But i think it was more my computer, which I just replaced a few months ago (and was 8 years old at that time)  So i'm hoping I will have better luck now

1 hour ago, angleigh said:

That's part of the reason I didn't do it a long time ago.  I tried out the trial of it, and it just didn't work with my old computer.  I had all kinds of issues, and it wouldn't run.  But i think it was more my computer, which I just replaced a few months ago (and was 8 years old at that time)  So i'm hoping I will have better luck now

Good luck Angie!  Interested to see how it works out for you! :) 

4 hours ago, angleigh said:

It may require you to uninstall CS5 so make sure you have the backup files to reinstall. 

8 hours ago, diannecp said:

It may require you to uninstall CS5 so make sure you have the backup files to reinstall. 

It didn't require me to uninstall CS6, but it did mess with all my licenses, which I had to re-enter once I went back to CS6 and Lightroom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Question about CC - I just upgraded to CC and it's messing with my styles.  Primarily I'm using Syndees Shadows.  Most often they look 10 times the size they normally do in CS4, and, some of them come out totally square or round and not the shape of the shadowed item.  This could be a deal breaker.  Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Ok - sounds good.  I thought maybe since I didn't save the set that might have been part of the problem. I just redid everything and it seems better than it was but not quite the same as in CS4.  I wonder if it's a setting somewhere.  I have to go now but will play with this later today.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone.  These drop shadow changes turned out to be a bug that was fixed with the latest update! Yay! I've been playing with it all morning and now I'm actually sorta liking CC2019?  Question:  What color mode do you all create in? RGB? CYMK?  RGB seems to be the default.  Does anyone change it and if so why?

Thank you!

8 hours ago, mimes1 said:

...Question:  What color mode do you all create in? RGB? CYMK?  RGB seems to be the default.  Does anyone change it and if so why?

Use CMYK for projects that are destined for printing.  It is a more true color representation of how the project will print.

Archived