Hi from Nebraska! New to Digital Scrapbooking

liaglynn

Hello everyone. My name is Gail and I am very excited to begin this digital journey. I have been scrapping traditionally for over 20 years and now I think I am ready to try the digital world. I see that I have a lot to learn and I hope I can make new friends along the way to help me and share with :). I see that I need a photo editing software in order to scrap digitally, so I will be purchasing the Photo Shop Elements tomorrow. I look forward to learning a new concept! 

Welcome!  There is a learning curve, but just try one small technique at a time. I've been doing this off and on for 10 years and still have a ton to learn!  The tutorials are great.

Welcome Gail

We will all look forward to seeing your digital scrapbook pages. Do not hesitate to ask for any help you may need.

3 hours ago, liaglynn said:

Hello everyone. My name is Gail and I am very excited to begin this digital journey. I have been scrapping traditionally for over 20 years and now I think I am ready to try the digital world. I see that I have a lot to learn and I hope I can make new friends along the way to help me and share with :). I see that I need a photo editing software in order to scrap digitally, so I will be purchasing the Photo Shop Elements tomorrow. I look forward to learning a new concept! 

Hello and welcome to Scrap Girls Gail. I started off as a paper scrapper for many years and started digi scrapping in 2005 then started designing in 2006. I love it.

I still scrapbook in both formats although not very often with the paper side of things. But I do have a new grandbaby and my plan is too create 2 albums for her, one digital and one paper.

Once you start and get going (yes it's a learning curve but don't give up) you'll wonder why you waited so long.

We are all here to help so please don't hesitate to ask...OH and there are no silly questions here either. We all had to start somewhere :)

Welcome Gail. Digi-scrapping is great fun and very creative so I hope you enjoy it. There are great products to get and help is just a keystroke away. Everyone here is super helpful so just ask when you get stuck. Happy Scrapping.

Hello Gail ! Welcome here and on the wonderful worl of digital scrapbooking !

You'll see, once you strart this, you just can't stop ! I've started this hobby 13 years ago and my love for this one is growing much more everyday !!!!!

Have fun !!!!

Welcome, Gail! I too, recommend Learn Digital Scrapbooking Using Photoshop Elements! It will fast-track your learning in no time! I learned everything I know from Linda Sattgast, the tutorial instructor. Everyone is so helpful here so don't hesitate to ask questions no matter how trivial you think they are! We've all been there! :)

Thank you all so much! I do feel very confident that I will have help when I will need it. Thanks for letting me know that it can take years to get used to. This will help me to not get overwhelmed and to pace myself. Thanks again! 

Welcome to Scrap Girls!  We're so glad you found us!

I'm with Susie and Carla - get that Learn Digital Scrapbooking With Photoshop Elements!  That's how I got started, way back when it was PSE2.

I don't know if I am asking this question in the correct "room" or not, but does anyone know if I can get the class that Susie mentioned via download? Or do I have to get it through the mail? I am interested and want to start tonight! Thanks! :) 

6 hours ago, liaglynn said:

I don't know if I am asking this question in the correct "room" or not, but does anyone know if I can get the class that Susie mentioned via download? Or do I have to get it through the mail? I am interested and want to start tonight! Thanks! :) 

Hi there,  all of ScrapGirl products are through download, so yes.   Once you buy the class you will be emailed a download link where you can get it onto your computer.
Good luck! :) 

Archived