Elisha

I need your help with a Renaissance / Medieval Collection

Renaissance / Midieval Color palette   14 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you like to see?

• Jewel tones
    • Autumn tones
    • Soft tones

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 posts in this topic

I know it's been some time since I said I was going to start this. It got on my back burner after my grandson came to live with us full time. But he's going back with his mom and I have back my free time/me time, consequently design time. I want to get back to this to have it ready scrapping my own photos of our annual trip to the Faire this fall. And I'd like your help! What would you like to see in a color palette? Here are some choices:

_EBA_RenaissanceFaire_Idea_600.jpg.26bd1d2674d5a314d06ff960416640db.jpg

Me too, like them all, but I really like the coral, and the darker brown of the soft tone palette.  Can't wait to see this new collection!

I concur with everyone above me. Love them all but since we had to choose I went with soft tones.

I voted for soft tones...so pretty together. The other palettes are gorgeous too, just that this one is a bit different! :) Can't wait to see the club!

I prefer jewel, too since I think of dark when thinking Medievel. 

I went with Jewel tones, but any of them are beautiful. Maybe mini kits using the tones you don't use for the main collection?

Soft tones are leading, but Jewel tones are catching up! And Jewel tones are the leader on the Facebook poll.

Go jewel tones LOL! I like them all but love the way the jewel tones pop! 

They're all lovely! I chose Jewel, and then I saw the photo of the Autumn tones... gah I like that one too. Mini collections of the other would be great!

4 hours ago, April Showers said:

I chose jewel tones because... this.

DSC_1287 as Smart Object-1.jpg

What a great photo, April!  And I'll bet you made those costumes?   For sure that collection needs this pic or vice versa! :D

24 minutes ago, MariJ said:

What a great photo, April!  And I'll bet you made those costumes?   For sure that collection needs this pic or vice versa! :D

Yep, I made them. Costuming is the profession I trained for and chose not to pursue seriously. Those are our Halloween costumes from last year. They're more impressive in person. I'm planning to go Regency like Jane Austen this year. 

On 7/31/2017 at 6:36 PM, April Showers said:

I chose jewel tones because... this.

DSC_1287 as Smart Object-1.jpg

Yes! That BLUE!

On 7/31/2017 at 10:09 PM, April Showers said:

Yep, I made them. Costuming is the profession I trained for and chose not to pursue seriously. Those are our Halloween costumes from last year. They're more impressive in person. I'm planning to go Regency like Jane Austen this year. 

Oh wow!   Hard to believe they could look MORE impressive, but I believe you!
I remember those days when you were sewing loads of costumes for school shows! :D

Ohhh I have been waiting so long for a Medieval kit! We have gone to several festivals and I need to scrap them but I want something very themey for it! Cant Wait!!!

Voted for the soft tones too because too many medieval kit are made on autumn tones. It should be different.

Sorry it's been so long. The jewel tones were the favorite! I haven't forgotten about this and I've been working on it.

but i still need your help!

I've been kind of stuck on what embellishments to include besides general ribbons and flowers. So far I've got a jousting knight, a lute, a tankard, a sword, a set of armor, a turkey leg. Is there anything else you'd like to see?

How about a wreath of flowers with hanging ribbons for your hair?  I remember having one once at a Medieval Festival I attended.

Oh yes, nice idea M!

a coat of arms (would be nice if it had a blank space for initials maybe)? jewelry (i notice everything then was big and ornate) a feathered cap? old map? scroll/parchment paper sign (with curled edges)? banners? half-masks? just a few ideas. i love this period!