I need your help with a Renaissance / Medieval Collection

Renaissance / Midieval Color palette  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know it's been some time since I said I was going to start this. It got on my back burner after my grandson came to live with us full time. But he's going back with his mom and I have back my free time/me time, consequently design time. I want to get back to this to have it ready scrapping my own photos of our annual trip to the Faire this fall. And I'd like your help! What would you like to see in a color palette? Here are some choices:

_EBA_RenaissanceFaire_Idea_600.jpg.26bd1d2674d5a314d06ff960416640db.jpg

Soft tones are leading, but Jewel tones are catching up! And Jewel tones are the leader on the Facebook poll.

24 minutes ago, MariJ said:

What a great photo, April!  And I'll bet you made those costumes?   For sure that collection needs this pic or vice versa! :D

Yep, I made them. Costuming is the profession I trained for and chose not to pursue seriously. Those are our Halloween costumes from last year. They're more impressive in person. I'm planning to go Regency like Jane Austen this year. 

On 7/31/2017 at 10:09 PM, April Showers said:

Yep, I made them. Costuming is the profession I trained for and chose not to pursue seriously. Those are our Halloween costumes from last year. They're more impressive in person. I'm planning to go Regency like Jane Austen this year. 

Oh wow!   Hard to believe they could look MORE impressive, but I believe you!
I remember those days when you were sewing loads of costumes for school shows! :D

• 1 month later...

Sorry it's been so long. The jewel tones were the favorite! I haven't forgotten about this and I've been working on it.

but i still need your help!

I've been kind of stuck on what embellishments to include besides general ribbons and flowers. So far I've got a jousting knight, a lute, a tankard, a sword, a set of armor, a turkey leg. Is there anything else you'd like to see?

a coat of arms (would be nice if it had a blank space for initials maybe)? jewelry (i notice everything then was big and ornate) a feathered cap? old map? scroll/parchment paper sign (with curled edges)? banners? half-masks? just a few ideas. i love this period!

Archived