angleigh

Photo Challenge 8/4

24 posts in this topic

Ok...I'll admit this one won't be easy.  The theme this week is optical illusion or not as it seems.

So here's mine.  We were driving home awhile back and the coolest cloud formation was in front of us.  When I first looked up and saw it, it seemed like mountains to me..then I had to remember i'm in Missouri there's not mountains like this around.  LOL  So I had to snap a quick photo.

 

 

20160430_201400.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I read your first sentence, I thought of that crazy blue/black versus gold/white dress from a couple of years ago...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I can see how you'd think it's a mountain, at first glance I thought so too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mikelle said:

When I read your first sentence, I thought of that crazy blue/black versus gold/white dress from a couple of years ago...

Yeah, that was nuts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow that is a great illusion!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll keep my eyes open this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, that's amazing - for sure it looks like a mountain and I DO remember that dress! 
I'll try to look for something or maybe a photo I have.    You're right, this is a tough one. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll post two photos, from when we were on our Grand Canyon road trip.  There was rain in the distance, but for a while we weren't sure it WAS rain.  I started to think I might be in a Stephen King novel...

 

DSC_8766post.jpg

DSC_8768post.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mikelle said:

I'll post two photos, from when we were on our Grand Canyon road trip.  There was rain in the distance, but for a while we weren't sure it WAS rain.  I started to think I might be in a Stephen King novel...

 

DSC_8766post.jpg

DSC_8768post.jpg

That is so cool...looks like clouds instead of rain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My intent was to take a photo of this rhino in the water...but when I loaded my photos on my laptop, I found an arrow instead!

IMG_0024.thumb.JPG.60d4140c03fbae85791722f133171ddd.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i"ll have to look around today and see what I can find!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CRS said:

My intent was to take a photo of this rhino in the water...but when I loaded my photos on my laptop, I found an arrow instead!

IMG_0024.thumb.JPG.60d4140c03fbae85791722f133171ddd.JPG

LOVE the arrow..that's so cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, CRS said:

My intent was to take a photo of this rhino in the water...but when I loaded my photos on my laptop, I found an arrow instead!

IMG_0024.thumb.JPG.60d4140c03fbae85791722f133171ddd.JPG

That's so cool Carla!.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, CRS said:

My intent was to take a photo of this rhino in the water...but when I loaded my photos on my laptop, I found an arrow instead!

IMG_0024.thumb.JPG.60d4140c03fbae85791722f133171ddd.JPG

This would have been great for the reflection photo, too!  Really pretty photo, with the colors, as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2017 at 3:49 PM, CRS said:

My intent was to take a photo of this rhino in the water...but when I loaded my photos on my laptop, I found an arrow instead!

IMG_0024.thumb.JPG.60d4140c03fbae85791722f133171ddd.JPG

Carla, that's an amazing photo, wow!  

On 8/4/2017 at 10:51 PM, Mikelle said:

I'll post two photos, from when we were on our Grand Canyon road trip.  There was rain in the distance, but for a while we weren't sure it WAS rain.  I started to think I might be in a Stephen King novel...

 

DSC_8766post.jpg

DSC_8768post.jpg

Awesome, it does look like clouds! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I don't know if this counts, but we had a horrendous year with a crazy doberman that moved next door.   Literally, she would bang at their door (broke a screen door and would bulge the glass) barking and once let out would race around the yard maniacally barking.   No one could walk down the street, close a car door, make any kind of movement or noise or she would hysterically bark.  And bark and bark...  Got so I couldn't even walk through my first floor as if she saw movement she'd go crazy barking.   One day she was out there racing around and barking and then suddenly it got quiet.   I went to look out the window to see if she was still outside and saw this - and my first reaction was "OMG she barked herself to death"!!!   
Closer look showed it was a blanket she'd dragged outside with her.   I couldn't believe how much it looked like a dog, as she was the exact shade of brown as that blanket!

IMG_6228.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, MariJ said:

So, I don't know if this counts, but we had a horrendous year with a crazy doberman that moved next door.   Literally, she would bang at their door (broke a screen door and would bulge the glass) barking and once let out would race around the yard maniacally barking.   No one could walk down the street, close a car door, make any kind of movement or noise or she would hysterically bark.  And bark and bark...  Got so I couldn't even walk through my first floor as if she saw movement she'd go crazy barking.   One day she was out there racing around and barking and then suddenly it got quiet.   I went to look out the window to see if she was still outside and saw this - and my first reaction was "OMG she barked herself to death"!!!   
Closer look showed it was a blanket she'd dragged outside with her.   I couldn't believe how much it looked like a dog, as she was the exact shade of brown as that blanket!

IMG_6228.jpg

My first thought was a dog, too, without reading the story first! Glad the dog is ok, but really, what an irresponsible owner!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great thought provoking topic and some awesome photos. Love your one Carla and the story behind your marilyn made me laugh out laugh even though it does look like  a dog!

This is at a place we have here in NZ called the puzzling house in Wanaka. Its quite fun how they have it all set up to take these optical illusion photos.

 

 

Optical-illusion.jpg.96c753f2a6bc6cd63830626d1ce9acad.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fabulous photos from you all. I knew the above one was your Ngaire before I even read it :)


Here is one from me of a 'spaceship' cloud formation taken when in Tasmania last year :)

spaceship.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ngaire said:

What a great thought provoking topic and some awesome photos. Love your one Carla and the story behind your marilyn made me laugh out laugh even though it does look like  a dog!

This is at a place we have here in NZ called the puzzling house in Wanaka. Its quite fun how they have it all set up to take these optical illusion photos.

This is SO cool Ngaire and must be lots of fun!

16 minutes ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Fabulous photos from you all. I knew the above one was your Ngaire before I even read it :)


Here is one from me of a 'spaceship' cloud formation taken when in Tasmania last year :)

It DOES look like a spaceship - great photo, Jane! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2017 at 7:36 PM, MariJ said:

So, I don't know if this counts, but we had a horrendous year with a crazy doberman that moved next door.   Literally, she would bang at their door (broke a screen door and would bulge the glass) barking and once let out would race around the yard maniacally barking.   No one could walk down the street, close a car door, make any kind of movement or noise or she would hysterically bark.  And bark and bark...  Got so I couldn't even walk through my first floor as if she saw movement she'd go crazy barking.   One day she was out there racing around and barking and then suddenly it got quiet.   I went to look out the window to see if she was still outside and saw this - and my first reaction was "OMG she barked herself to death"!!!   
Closer look showed it was a blanket she'd dragged outside with her.   I couldn't believe how much it looked like a dog, as she was the exact shade of brown as that blanket!

IMG_6228.jpg

Totally thought it was a dog when I was scrolling through  ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Fabulous photos from you all. I knew the above one was your Ngaire before I even read it :)


Here is one from me of a 'spaceship' cloud formation taken when in Tasmania last year :)

spaceship.jpg

So cool...it does look like a spaceship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great photos everyone! Love this challenge!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2017 at 3:49 PM, CRS said:

My intent was to take a photo of this rhino in the water...but when I loaded my photos on my laptop, I found an arrow instead!

IMG_0024.thumb.JPG.60d4140c03fbae85791722f133171ddd.JPG

Oh wow, Carla - that is one neat image there!

Years ago my gram painted a mural of a sailboat in harbor on her dining room wall. depending on where you stood, the boat seemed to shift direction - it was the weirdest thing, and totally unintentional on her part. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now