Photo Challenge 8/4

angleigh

Ok...I'll admit this one won't be easy.  The theme this week is optical illusion or not as it seems.

So here's mine.  We were driving home awhile back and the coolest cloud formation was in front of us.  When I first looked up and saw it, it seemed like mountains to me..then I had to remember i'm in Missouri there's not mountains like this around.  LOL  So I had to snap a quick photo.

20160430_201400.jpg

I'll post two photos, from when we were on our Grand Canyon road trip.  There was rain in the distance, but for a while we weren't sure it WAS rain.  I started to think I might be in a Stephen King novel...

DSC_8766post.jpg

DSC_8768post.jpg

9 hours ago, Mikelle said:

I'll post two photos, from when we were on our Grand Canyon road trip.  There was rain in the distance, but for a while we weren't sure it WAS rain.  I started to think I might be in a Stephen King novel...

DSC_8766post.jpg

DSC_8768post.jpg

That is so cool...looks like clouds instead of rain

22 hours ago, CRS said:

My intent was to take a photo of this rhino in the water...but when I loaded my photos on my laptop, I found an arrow instead!

IMG_0024.thumb.JPG.60d4140c03fbae85791722f133171ddd.JPG

This would have been great for the reflection photo, too!  Really pretty photo, with the colors, as well.

On 8/5/2017 at 3:49 PM, CRS said:

My intent was to take a photo of this rhino in the water...but when I loaded my photos on my laptop, I found an arrow instead!

Carla, that's an amazing photo, wow!  

On 8/4/2017 at 10:51 PM, Mikelle said:

DSC_8766post.jpg

DSC_8768post.jpg

Awesome, it does look like clouds! 

So, I don't know if this counts, but we had a horrendous year with a crazy doberman that moved next door.   Literally, she would bang at their door (broke a screen door and would bulge the glass) barking and once let out would race around the yard maniacally barking.   No one could walk down the street, close a car door, make any kind of movement or noise or she would hysterically bark.  And bark and bark...  Got so I couldn't even walk through my first floor as if she saw movement she'd go crazy barking.   One day she was out there racing around and barking and then suddenly it got quiet.   I went to look out the window to see if she was still outside and saw this - and my first reaction was "OMG she barked herself to death"!!!   
Closer look showed it was a blanket she'd dragged outside with her.   I couldn't believe how much it looked like a dog, as she was the exact shade of brown as that blanket!

IMG_6228.jpg

23 hours ago, MariJ said:

So, I don't know if this counts, but we had a horrendous year with a crazy doberman that moved next door.   Literally, she would bang at their door (broke a screen door and would bulge the glass) barking and once let out would race around the yard maniacally barking.   No one could walk down the street, close a car door, make any kind of movement or noise or she would hysterically bark.  And bark and bark...  Got so I couldn't even walk through my first floor as if she saw movement she'd go crazy barking.   One day she was out there racing around and barking and then suddenly it got quiet.   I went to look out the window to see if she was still outside and saw this - and my first reaction was "OMG she barked herself to death"!!!   
Closer look showed it was a blanket she'd dragged outside with her.   I couldn't believe how much it looked like a dog, as she was the exact shade of brown as that blanket!

IMG_6228.jpg

My first thought was a dog, too, without reading the story first! Glad the dog is ok, but really, what an irresponsible owner!

What a great thought provoking topic and some awesome photos. Love your one Carla and the story behind your marilyn made me laugh out laugh even though it does look like  a dog!

This is at a place we have here in NZ called the puzzling house in Wanaka. Its quite fun how they have it all set up to take these optical illusion photos.

Optical-illusion.jpg.96c753f2a6bc6cd63830626d1ce9acad.jpg

7 hours ago, Ngaire said:

What a great thought provoking topic and some awesome photos. Love your one Carla and the story behind your marilyn made me laugh out laugh even though it does look like  a dog!

This is at a place we have here in NZ called the puzzling house in Wanaka. Its quite fun how they have it all set up to take these optical illusion photos.

This is SO cool Ngaire and must be lots of fun!

16 minutes ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Fabulous photos from you all. I knew the above one was your Ngaire before I even read it :)

Here is one from me of a 'spaceship' cloud formation taken when in Tasmania last year :)

It DOES look like a spaceship - great photo, Jane! :)

On 8/6/2017 at 7:36 PM, MariJ said:

IMG_6228.jpg

Totally thought it was a dog when I was scrolling through  ;-)

2 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Fabulous photos from you all. I knew the above one was your Ngaire before I even read it :)

Here is one from me of a 'spaceship' cloud formation taken when in Tasmania last year :)

spaceship.jpg

So cool...it does look like a spaceship

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2017 at 3:49 PM, CRS said:

Oh wow, Carla - that is one neat image there!

Years ago my gram painted a mural of a sailboat in harbor on her dining room wall. depending on where you stood, the boat seemed to shift direction - it was the weirdest thing, and totally unintentional on her part. 

Archived