Boatlady

Text tool will not work

15 posts in this topic

I am getting a message " Could not complete your request because something prevented the text engine from being started" every time I try to add text to my page.  Sometimes it will shut down PSE14.

Does anyone have any ideas what I might be able to try so I can fix the annoying problem.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

That's so annoying...but Dianne beat me to it, it does look like it's a common error so hopefully you'll be able to get it fixed.

Here's another link I found -

Text

I know you've probably already "reset tool"?   Have you shut down and restarted?   Maybe reset preferences?
One thing I read said it could be a corrupted font, have you recently downloaded a new one?

2 hours ago, MariJ said:

Here's another link I found -

Text

I know you've probably already "reset tool"?   Have you shut down and restarted?   Maybe reset preferences?
One thing I read said it could be a corrupted font, have you recently downloaded a new one?

yes I have done all those things and I did download a new font so I am going to search for it. At my son in laws so he will help me later.

Thanks everyone I will let you know what works

8 hours ago, Boatlady said:

yes I have done all those things and I did download a new font so I am going to search for it. At my son in laws so he will help me later.

Thanks everyone I will let you know what works

Yes. let us know, I did see a few other articles, but I didn't read them to see if they might help!

Whenever I had this issue I would reset the preferences and voila....everything is working as it should. Did you get a chance to sort it out :)

Yeah, reset preferences usually works for me -- but as a last resort because I hate then having to also reset all the things I'd changed to how I liked them!  
(Did that make sense :rofl:)

If you have not got the solution yet then delete your font cache and retry!

Thank you for everyone's help but come to find out it was my hard drive failing. My tech guy put a new one in and was able to save everything from my old one...I am up and running but had to update some stuff. I splurged and got newest PSE15 so had to move all my saved styles,etc.  This is one happy BoatLady!!!!

57 minutes ago, Boatlady said:

Thank you for everyone's help but come to find out it was my hard drive failing. My tech guy put a new one in and was able to save everything from my old one...I am up and running but had to update some stuff. I splurged and got newest PSE15 so had to move all my saved styles,etc.  This is one happy BoatLady!!!!

Yay!  Glad it all worked out and good for you - "Better" in the long run! :)