Text tool will not work

Boatlady

I am getting a message " Could not complete your request because something prevented the text engine from being started" every time I try to add text to my page.  Sometimes it will shut down PSE14.

Does anyone have any ideas what I might be able to try so I can fix the annoying problem.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Here's another link I found -

Text

I know you've probably already "reset tool"?   Have you shut down and restarted?   Maybe reset preferences?
One thing I read said it could be a corrupted font, have you recently downloaded a new one?

2 hours ago, MariJ said:

Here's another link I found -

Text

I know you've probably already "reset tool"?   Have you shut down and restarted?   Maybe reset preferences?
One thing I read said it could be a corrupted font, have you recently downloaded a new one?

yes I have done all those things and I did download a new font so I am going to search for it. At my son in laws so he will help me later.

Thanks everyone I will let you know what works

8 hours ago, Boatlady said:

yes I have done all those things and I did download a new font so I am going to search for it. At my son in laws so he will help me later.

Thanks everyone I will let you know what works

Yes. let us know, I did see a few other articles, but I didn't read them to see if they might help!

Thank you for everyone's help but come to find out it was my hard drive failing. My tech guy put a new one in and was able to save everything from my old one...I am up and running but had to update some stuff. I splurged and got newest PSE15 so had to move all my saved styles,etc.  This is one happy BoatLady!!!!

57 minutes ago, Boatlady said:

Thank you for everyone's help but come to find out it was my hard drive failing. My tech guy put a new one in and was able to save everything from my old one...I am up and running but had to update some stuff. I splurged and got newest PSE15 so had to move all my saved styles,etc.  This is one happy BoatLady!!!!

Yay!  Glad it all worked out and good for you - "Better" in the long run! :)

If anyone has this problem contact me and I will tell you what I found what seems to have fixed. There is a problem with Windows 10 and Adobe...they are not playing well.

On 8/19/2017 at 5:34 AM, Boatlady said:

Thats great it has all worked out well for you. Once you have settled to all the changes you will be pumping out more of your beautiful layouts!!?

Archived