Whatcha reading this week?

VSWilliams

I usually read crime or adventure novels, or historical fiction, but...I've stumbled onto Ruthie Knox's books. Adventuresome, sexy hunky guys, stand-up-for-yourself girls and funny. I'm on my third one (novellas) and enjoying them. The one I'm reading now is "Ride With Me" about a cross country bike ride with hunky guy and stand up girl. Funny.

2 hours ago, jenrou said:

I usually read crime or adventure novels, or historical fiction, but...I've stumbled onto Ruthie Knox's books. Adventuresome, sexy hunky guys, stand-up-for-yourself girls and funny. I'm on my third one (novellas) and enjoying them. The one I'm reading now is "Ride With Me" about a cross country bike ride with hunky guy and stand up girl. Funny.

They sound light and fun Jean and like I wouldn't have to concentrate too hard to read them. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Re-reading Felix Palma - The Map of Time 
The book is actually three stories, a mix of time travel, science fiction, Victorian London, and filled with several real historical figures. Some people I know found it boring, but I really like the descriptions and exposition. 

x298.jpg

On 9/22/2017 at 10:08 PM, ladyscrapalot said:

I'm currently reading the latest book by Sue Grafton, Y is for Yesterday. My sister got me started on the series years ago. For the last 4-5 books. I buy the new release when it comes out. I read it and then give it to her for Christmas. This one came out in August which is a bit of earlier than usual so I may not wait fo Christmas so she'll have something to read during her chemo treatments (if she's up to reading) 

I love her books , that one is at the library at the club so I think I will  pick that up when I return the ones I have now.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if any of you register for the yearly reading challenge at goodreads. You sign up at the beginning of the year, put in a goal number for the yr of how many you'd like to read. The challenge link is on your homepage and is a great way to see what you've read, how far along you've come with your goal and I like that I can refer back to it (and previous yrs) to see what books I've read, it reminds me of authors and series that I like and it gives recommendations for other books I might like. Here's my challenge page, I think you can see it if you click the link (not sure if you need to be friends with me on GR to open it). 

https://www.goodreads.com/user_challenges/19514496

For books I've read lately, I loved How A Woman Becomes A Lake, As Far As The Stars and Mrs. Everything. 

Right now I'm reading Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover. Its not my fave book of hers. Too much romance, not enough story for me but its okay, I'll finish it, it's a fast read and I skim a bit thru the romance stuff. I'm more interested in my next read....Her One Mistake by Heidi Perks. I should be starting that this wkend.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, bcgal00 said:

@alsoarty What a bummer, I checked our digi library and they don't carry any of the Bellingwood series. But then I checked kindle unlimited and they carry them...so I have the first 6 to read. I need more hours in the day to have time to scrap and read :)

AWESOME! you'll fall in love. I just started #30. Her newest just released. Let me know what you think?

• 2 months later...
On 8/20/2017 at 11:11 AM, jhbren said:

For the last two or three weeks I've been reading (actually re-reading - third time, I think) Diana Galbadon's Oultlander series; books two & three are about 1000 pages each, and I have the rest of the series (except for the latest, which doesn't seem to be out yet) to go.  No boredom in sight! 

For those who haven't read Gabaldon's books:  they're somewhere between science fiction, fantasy, and history - time travel in the 1700's.  I love her writing style, and her impressive inclusion of the history of Europe and "the Colonies", as well as the medical knowledge, or lack thereof, at the time.  Amazing research!

These books are my favorite! The characters pull you in, for sure!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2020 at 9:58 AM, bcgal00 said:

@alsoarty What a bummer, I checked our digi library and they don't carry any of the Bellingwood series. But then I checked kindle unlimited and they carry them...so I have the first 6 to read. I need more hours in the day to have time to scrap and read :)

I just started book 31. It just came out.

20 hours ago, alsoarty said:

I just started book 31. It just came out.

Oh boy....book 31...that's a lot to catch up on LOL. I still haven't started yet, my reading has slowed down lately b/c of my back pain and being on meds. I find a bit of scrapping and lots of TV time is easier to concentrate on at this point. I really want to start the first one soon and see what I think of it. Maybe I'll start book one this wk. 

• 10 months later...