Where to print my pages into a book?

liaglynn

Hello there. I am very new to digital scrapbooking using photoshop elements and I am creating my first page now in hopes to print into a book. I have scrapbooked using Shutterfly for over 10 years to create books and I see that I can't print my scrapbooking creations into Shutterfly books. I'm pretty disappointed; I don't think I would have purchased this Photoshop Elements software if I had known that. Can anyone tell me where they may print off their pages into a book?  Thank you for your help.

I put my LOs into albums using Snapfish, yes, it took me some trial and error, but eventually got it. I use jpegs 8x8 inches and the books are 8x10 I think. So, I use whatever appropriate background and try to center the LOs on each page.. There are always sales for Shutterfly and Snapfish. I use PE for my LOs. I have no complaints about the books. And when I am stuck I can ask for help on the site. So, please don't be discouraged, your LOs will be awesome and when you make a book it will be a treasure for decades to come!!

Hi, is the size the problem or is it the Shutterfly layouts?  If so, look in the layout section and find "1 photo" - that will let you upload your layout onto a page.  As Bonnie says, though you might have to center the square layout onto the rectangle page.  

To add whole pages in Shutterfly albums. Click on "all Styles" and it will show all the different layouts. Scroll through the album options, and at the very bottom, you can choose Digiscrap. This is what you'll see after you select it. There was a sale when I took the screenshot that is reflected in the pricing that shows. There is a link to get the page specs for the albums. When I create my pages, I add guides at the bleed lines on all four sides of the layout. I extend the papers to the edges, but I make sure my embellishments and photos fall within the guide.

Screenshot 2017-07-17 11.10.31.png

Once you've passed the 20 page mark, you will have to add more pages. You'll need to select the solid page layout for each additional page, but it is pretty painless.

Screenshot 2017-07-17 11.12.02.png

There are lots of other options out there, but I've been happy with the quality of the books and I love that you can stack coupons there. I do hard cover 12x12 books with a matte cover.

Thank you all for the ideas. I am not near a costco (at least 6 hours away) but it is definitely something to consider when I visit my parents. The article I read from Adobe says I no longer can print from Photoshop Elements is here...  https://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/kb/shutterfly-service-no-longer-integrated-with-photoshop-elements.html

Thanks again for your answers!

7 minutes ago, April Showers said:

To add whole pages in Shutterfly albums. Click on "all Styles" and it will show all the different layouts. Scroll through the album options, and at the very bottom, you can choose Digiscrap. This is what you'll see after you select it. There was a sale when I took the screenshot that is reflected in the pricing that shows. There is a link to get the page specs for the albums. When I create my pages, I add guides at the bleed lines on all four sides of the layout. I extend the papers to the edges, but I make sure my embellishments and photos fall within the guide.

Screenshot 2017-07-17 11.10.31.png

Once you've passed the 20 page mark, you will have to add more pages. You'll need to select the solid page layout for each additional page, but it is pretty painless.

Screenshot 2017-07-17 11.12.02.png

There are lots of other options out there, but I've been happy with the quality of the books and I love that you can stack coupons there. I do hard cover 12x12 books with a matte cover.

Thank you so much!!! I will be looking into this option. Do you know if I can use scrapgirls products to create books in shutterfly? I love the pages and other embellishments that are offered here but do not have time to learn photoshop elements to create pages. Thanks again!

2 hours ago, liaglynn said:

Thank you so much!!! I will be looking into this option. Do you know if I can use scrapgirls products to create books in shutterfly? I love the pages and other embellishments that are offered here but do not have time to learn photoshop elements to create pages. Thanks again!

You will need to create your pages with ScrapGirls products in either PSE or Photoshop. You'll upload your completed pages to Shutterfly. You can't really use your SG products within shutterfly's interface.

2 hours ago, liaglynn said:

The article I read from Adobe says I no longer can print from Photoshop Elements is here...  https://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/kb/shutterfly-service-no-longer-integrated-with-photoshop-elements.html

PSE is no longer INTEGRATED with Shutterfly.  Like all other graphics programs, you just export your project as JPG, then upload the JPG to Shutterfly.

It's frustrating when these photo companies make it difficult to print your stuff. The Easy, ZOOM, or JIF kit pages in the SG store would probably be a good starting point for you to try sometime in Photoshop Elements. All you really have to do is add photos - probably as easy as Shutterfly! 

On 16/08/2017 at 8:34 PM, liaglynn said:

Can anyone tell me where they may print off their pages into a book?  

All photobook printing services that have the option to size and position our JPG to fill the entire page, are suitable.  The one I use refers to it as "make this photo the background" which auto fills the entire page with my completed scrapbook JPG.  Very convenient!

The most important thing to incorporate into designing your scrapbook JPG is a safety zone/bleed area.  Assume you will lose up to half an inch all around the outside edges, so design accordingly by keeping photos and text well away from the edges.

Thank you all for your advice. I have another 100 page book of layouts ready to roll, so I really need all the help I can get.

I loved My Publisher and if someone has LOTS of $$, she should start a company that uses the system they had. I certainly would want to be your first customer. :)

Does Blurb work something like My Publisher did?

I have been working with Shutterfly. I can't get me layouts to fit on their page, even after adding to the size in an attempt to fit. I don't want my original pages centered because that would change the symmetry I wanted. 

Is there a way that I have not found to nudge the page to the right/left or up/down after it is placed on their book? I never know which part of the page they will put their little shaded marks through.  

13 hours ago, Cropalot said:

I have been working with Shutterfly. I can't get me layouts to fit on their page, even after adding to the size in an attempt to fit. I don't want my original pages centered because that would change the symmetry I wanted.

Are you putting square layouts into a square book?

Archived