Keeping Track of Photos

Mikelle

I've been scrapping a lot more in the past year/year and a half than I ever have before, which has led to more layouts finished.  That's a good thing, of course, but I've noticed a couple of times I used photos twice without realizing it.  Do any of you keep track of the photos you've already used for layouts, and if so, how do you keep track?  I've considered just adding something to the end of the JPG filename, as a marker to let myself know I've used the photos in a layout before.  But I wondered if anyone else has a better way of keeping track?

1 hour ago, Mikelle said:

I've been scrapping a lot more in the past year/year and a half than I ever have before, which has led to more layouts finished.  That's a good thing, of course, but I've noticed a couple of times I used photos twice without realizing it.  Do any of you keep track of the photos you've already used for layouts, and if so, how do you keep track?  I've considered just adding something to the end of the JPG filename, as a marker to let myself know I've used the photos in a layout before.  But I wondered if anyone else has a better way of keeping track?

Oh that's funny I never thought about something like this!  So, no - sorry, I don't have a way to keep track of photos.  I like your idea, though.  Or, maybe put an "x" at the beginning of the file name.   Intriguing thoughts! 

49 minutes ago, CRS said:

I've found myself scrapping photos more than once. I just go with it...I don't have a way to keep track of them.

Carla, the swap LO you made for me two months ago... I realized today, because I now have my LO's on my new digital picture frame, that I had scrapped a couple of those photos of Karlie at the beach already.  It was one of my earlier LO's, and not very artistic.  I suppose one good thing about double scrapping photos is my more recent LO's are for the most part better - more artistic, more visually pleasing - because I've gotten better at scrapping.  DH even says that once in a while, that he thinks I've come a long way with my scrapping abilities.  Thank you, Scrap Girls!  :lol:

51 minutes ago, Mikelle said:

Carla, the swap LO you made for me two months ago... I realized today, because I now have my LO's on my new digital picture frame, that I had scrapped a couple of those photos of Karlie at the beach already.  It was one of my earlier LO's, and not very artistic.  I suppose one good thing about double scrapping photos is my more recent LO's are for the most part better - more artistic, more visually pleasing - because I've gotten better at scrapping.  DH even says that once in a while, that he thinks I've come a long way with my scrapping abilities.  Thank you, Scrap Girls!  :lol:

Oh that's nice to be able to see!  I was thinking also - maybe it's not so bad to scrap twice... Unless it takes you away from getting another one scrapped!  

12 hours ago, Mikelle said:

Lol, I'm always mad when I realize I've double scrapped a photo, but then I look to see what I did differently or improved on!

On 8/19/2017 at 4:02 PM, englishrose said:

If you use Photoshop Elements organiser there is (or was up to Elements 9 which I use) a star rating system. You could perhaps use that? It happens to me occasionally but its not a bad thing .........

I use PS CS6, but I just had a "duh" moment, because of your comment... the Mac has a color coded file tagging system.  I've always wondered what it was for, or why I would ever use it, but - DUH!  I just went in and tagged the photos from my most recent LO.  As long as I always pick the same color dot for the photos, I can easily tell which ones I've already scrapped.  Thanks for the idea!

But now, if I really want to be super organized, I'd need to go through all of my completed LO's and hunt down the photos I used, and tag them.  Probably will only happen from now on, not for my past LO's!

13 hours ago, Mikelle said:

But now, if I really want to be super organized, I'd need to go through all of my completed LO's and hunt down the photos I used, and tag them.  Probably will only happen from now on, not for my past LO's!

That sounds like too big a task. Hope the system works for you.

Archived